Crown XLS2500 DriveCore Series Power Amp
Live Power Amplifiers
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The XLS 2500 is a leader in portable amps, with DriveCore Technology, PureBand Crossover System, and Peakx limiters.
Crown's XLS 2500 is a premiere, portable power amplifier with unmatched performance, technology and affordability. Its advantageous flexibility includes multiple inputs so you can plug in anything and play anywhere, along with several system setup configurations. This high-performance power amp provides enormous power and flexibility thanks to the integrated DriveCore Technology, PureBand Crossover System and Peakx limiters. Weighing less than 11 pounds, the Crown XLS2500 power amp is much easier to set up and move from show to show.
Integrated DriveCore Technology
Class D amplifiers are notable for extraordinarily high efficiency and being well suited for driving difficult reactive loads such as subwoofers. However, their performance can suffer impaired performance on marginal and unstable AC line supplies. To overcome this obstacle, Crown engineers developed DriveCore Technology—a proprietary hybrid analog-digital integrated circuit (IC) developed with Texas Instruments that drives the "front end" of the Class D output stage. Over 60 years of Crown's design knowledge and experience went into the development of this technology resulting in truly remarkable benefits. DriveCore Technology provides an extremely wide tolerance with regards to sagging or "dirty" AC line conditions, providing consistent performance without affecting audio quality. This means the Crown XLS2500 power amp won't compromised your performance by fluctuating generator power, or overload from lighting rigs, backline gear, etc.
In addition, DriveCore Technology's patented feedback and PWM modulation circuits enable fast recovery on peak transients, accurate reproduction of low-level detail, and precise tracking of low-frequencies at high power levels for maximum subwoofer output.
Advanced Switched-Mode Power Supply
The advanced power supply in the Crown XLS2500 power amp is highly efficient and optimized for maximum power transfer from the AC line through the Class D output stage to the loudspeakers. A benefit to this is substantial weight reduction when compared to older 60Hz transformer-based power supplies. All four models in the Crown XLS line weigh 10 pounds or less with no compromise in performance. This makes the Crown XLS2500 power amp and others in the XLS Series the benchmark for high-performance, lightweight portability.
PureBand Crossover System
The PureBand Crossover System in the Crown XLS Series adds an enormous amount of flexibility and performance to any system. With this system, the crossover frequency is completely variable allowing the choice of any crossover point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. The use of 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters provides steep slopes for a seamless transition between high and low drivers. And with four crossover modes to choose from providing the ultimate in flexibility, all of your system needs are covered.
Peakx limiters provide the ultimate in performance and protection for your entire system. This advanced algorithm was specifically developed and tuned to work with this amplifier and power-supply to achieve higher sound pressure level (SPL) with less audible artifacts. This means less distortion, less shutdowns, and maximum safe power delivered to your speakers. The Peakx limiters can be easily turned on or off by channel right from the front panel eliminating the need to be digging around in the back of the dark rack.
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D power amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peakx Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4", RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- 1/4" Inputs can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
Performance, technology, and affordability. That's the Crown XLS series.
XLS2500 DriveCore Series Power Amp Specifications:
- Minimum Guaranteed Power per channel, both channels driven: 1550W, Stereo, 2 Ohms (per ch.); 775W, Stereo, 4 Ohms (per ch.); 440W, Stereo, 8 Ohms (per ch.); 1550W, Bridge-Mono, 8 Ohms; 2400W, Bridge-Mono, 4 Ohms;
- Sensitivity (for full rated power at 4 ohms): 1.4 Vrms
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz - 20 kHz): +0 dB, -1 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Rated as dBr to full rated 8Ohm power output (A-Weighted): XLS2000 > 103 dB
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm): 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
- Crosstalk (below rated 8Ohm power): At 1kHz: > 85dB; At 20kHz: >55dB
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
- Load Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm per channel in Stereo; 4 to 8 Ohm in Bridge Mono
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (± 10%):120 VAC 60 Hz; 100 VAC 50/60 Hz; 220 and 240 VAC 50 Hz
- Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back
- Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation
- Integrated Processing: PureBand Crossover System; Crossover Filter: Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per Octave; Crossover Frequency Range: 50 HZ - 3 kHz: Crossover Mode: Crossover (CH1=LPF, CH2=HPF), LowPass (both channels LPF), HighPass (both channels HPF), Bridge (LPF or HPF); Peakx limiters: Channel independent clip limiter designed to provide maximum output while protecting your loudspeakers
- Input/Output: Input Connectors: XLR (one per channel), 1/4-Inch (one per channel), and RCA (one per channel). 1/4-Inch connectors can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers. Output Connectors: Two 4-Pole Speakon Output Connectors accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors. The top Speakon connector is wired for both channels so it can be used for bridgemono wiring or for stereo wiring of two speakers to a single Speakon connector. One pair of back-panel binding posts per channel; accepts banana plugs or bare wire. (European models do not accept banana plugs.)
- Dimensions: 19"W x 3-1/2"H x 10-3/4"D
- Weight: XLS2500: 10-3/4 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crown XLS2500 DriveCore Series Power Amp:
Lightweight technology has come a long ways!
The menu took me a little while to figure out. But it's neat that you can make mode adjustments without reaching behind your gear and flipping switches.
The internal fan doesn't come on unless it gets hot. At first I thought there was something wrong with the unit because the fan wouldn't turn on. I e-mailed Crown tech support and they verified my theory. That keeps the amp nice and quiet.