- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Compact, efficient, and powerful.
The CD 2000 Power Amplifier combines a linear power supply and a Class D output to deliver Crest power in a compact and cost-effective package. The CD 2000 is very versatile, whether powering nightclub systems or touring bands.
A traditional linear power supply is used in CD Series amps. Because of the efficiency of the switching output stage, the transformer does not need to be big or heavy. This gives Crest's CD Series an advantage in delivering huge power in a compact rackmount package. The efficiency of the output stage also gives the power supply the ability to handle heavy duty cycles without compromising sonic integrity.
Crest Audio's engineering has also maintained sonic quality while incorporating the advantages of a switching output stage. High-power Class-D topology is the key to its efficiency and low operating temperature. An additional advantage is its low power consumption.
- 8 Ohm Stereo — 560 W
- 4 Ohm Stereo - 1000 W
- 2 Ohm Stereo - 1200 W
- 8 Ohm Bridged - 2000 W
- Dramatically reduced net weight
- Linear power supply / Class D output stages
- Very low current draw
- Latest generation of high-speed, mosfet output devices
- Cooled by variable-speed fan with back-to-front airflow
- Inputs: balanced female XLR, 1/4" TRS combi jacks
- Outputs: Speakon and five-way binding posts
- Mode selector switch for stereo, parallel and bridged-mono operation
- Ground-lift switch and rear panel circuit breaker
- Recessed, stepped attenuators with removable knobs
- 16-gauge steel chassis, cast aluminum front panel
- TourClass protection circuits
- ACL (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage by providing gentle gain reduction when signal approaches the clipping threshold
- IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may over-stress output devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2 Ohm speaker loads
- AUTORAMP gradually increases gain to the attenuator level-settings when the amplifier is turned on, preventing abrupt turn-on levels
- Other protection features include: short circuit, DC voltage, comprehensive thermal management, current in-rush turn-on/off transient and sub/ultrasonic input
- Five-year warranty
Order today and experience legendary Crest Audio sound.
CD 2000 2000W Power Amplifier Specifications:
- Model: CD 2000
- Stereo Power 8 Ohms: 560 Watts
- Stereo Power 4/2* Ohms: 1000 Watts
- Stereo Power 2 Ohm: 1200 Watts
- Bridged Power 8/4* Ohm: 2000 Watts
- 1kHz, 0.2% THD+N Power figures are watts per channel, both channels driven.
- *11kHz, 0.4% THD+N for 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm bridged operation.
- Maximum output voltage: 72V rms
- Frequency response 1W @ 8 ohms: 20Hz—20khz, +/-1db
- Power bw rated power @ 4 ohms, 1% THD+N: 20Hz—20khz, +/-1db
- THD + N: <0.2% rated power @ 4 ohms, 1khz power @ 8 ohms
- Imd; SMPTE/DIN 4:1 (60 Hz / 7 khz): <0.35% @ -3 db below rated
- Damping factor: 400:1 @ 8 ohms (20 Hz to 100 Hz)
- Input CMRR: >60db @ 1khz
- Gain / input sensitivity @ 4 ohms: Selectable: x20, x40, or .775 V for full rated output power
- Input impedance: >20kohms balanced, >10kohms unbalanced
- Hum and noise: > -100db, A-weighted below rated power @ 4 ohms
- Crosstalk: > -60db below max rated power (1khz)
- Class: D
- Power supply: Linear with toroid transformer
- Circuit breaker rating (120V/230V): 15A /10A
- Current draw (120VAC) 1/8 power, 4 ohms: 4.5A
- 1/3 power, 4 ohms: 9.6A
- At idle: 1.25A
- Thermal emissions 1/3 Power, 4 ohms BTU / hr: 781
- Cooling: Back to front via variable speed DC fan
- input connectors: balanced female XLR, 1/4" TRS, unbalanced 1/4" TS on Neutrik combo connectors
- output connectors: Five-way "touch-proof" binding posts and Neutrik Speakon connectors (which presents
- both outputs on the A Speakon for bi-amplified applications)
- controls: front panel: twin recessed stepped attenuators, power switch
- rear panel: signal ground-lift, mode select, gain select, circuit breaker
- LED indicators: signal level (5 element bargraph), protect, active, ACL / IGM
- Construction: 16-gauge steel chassis, cast aluminum front panel - optional handles available
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 19" x 3.5" x 15.375" (483 x 89 x 391 mm)
- Weight: 40.9 lb (19 kg)