Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII MIC Pre / EQ Mic and Transformer UpgradeProduct #189918 Chameleon Labs 189918 YFM Channel Strips https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Offers increased performance to an already great studio tool.
The Model 7602 MKII is the sequel to Chameleon Labs smash hit 7602 Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer. The 7602 MKII new features include: selectable mic impedance, LED input metering, upgraded knob styles, and two different power options-all of this for the same price as the original unit. The 7602 MKII ships with an inline power transformer (all regulation is done inside the unit). The rackmountable CPS-1 can also still be used, but is no longer required.
The Model 7602 MKII Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer is based on a classic and revered design utilizing pure Class 'A' circuitry. This unit is made with 100% discrete components, hand wound transformers and was fabricated to precisely match vintage counterparts manufactured in the early to mid 70's. The Model 7602 MKII represents a dramatic breakthrough in delivering vintage audio performance at an affordable price.
The 7602 MKII Microphone Preamp and EQ adds a factory installed Carnhill mic and output transformers to the 7602 unit. This upgrade adds increased performance and functionality to the 7602 MKII (sold separately).
Equalizer Section (Selectable 3-band design with a flexible filter section):
Filter - This is a high pass filter with 3db loss at 300Hz, 160Hz, 80Hz, and 50Hz with an 18dB cut per octave slope.
Low Equalization - This section has a shelving slope with four frequency selections: 220Hz, 110Hz, 60Hz, and 35Hz. This equalizer affects the selected frequency and all others below it. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
Mid Equalization - This section has a peaking characteristic with six frequency selections: 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz, and 7.2kHz. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
High Equalization - This section has a shelving characteristic with five frequency selections: 16kHz, 12kHz, 7kHz, 4.9kHz and 3.4kHz. This section adjusts the selected frequency and all others above it. The gain control provides 20dB of boost or cut.
By employing classic circuit design, polystyrene capacitors, a gold contact ELMA gain selector and custom wound transformers, Chameleon Labs ensures that the Model 7602 MKII will exhibit classic audio sound.
The Model 7602 MKII has a transformer-balanced input with a range between 20dB and 80dB of gain. The separate line input is transformer balanced and accepts input levels from -20 to +10dB.
What Makes Chameleon Labs Different?
Chameleon Labs is a new type of company, focused on delivering performance and value at a price previously thought impossible. How do they do it? By reinventing how global manufacturing is approached. Chameleon Labs engineers are not inexperienced kids in a garage, buying products that are designed and built in China. Chameleon Labs is comprised of audio professionals with many decades of experience in high-end pro audio gear. From its inception seven years ago, they pioneered the idea of "blended technology", using top-notch parts from the US, UK, and Europe combined with low-cost metalwork and assembly from China. This combination enables a superior performance level at a low price point.
Every Chameleon Labs product is first created and engineered here in the U.S. The goal is to achieve a specific sound through tedious testing in major U.S. recording studios and listening to numerous tracks and/or mixes with a very specific sonic target in mind. A new design must impress the best and brightest of our evaluation group before it ever reaches the factory floor.
- Fully balanced transformer mic and line inputs
- Balanced XLR output
- Hi-Z direct input for instruments on the front panel
- LED input metering
- Selectable mic impedance switch (300 or 1200 Ohms)
- 48VDC phantom power switch
- 180 degree phase reversal switch
- 20 position gold contact ELMA rotary gain switch for both Mic and Line sections
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to tape
- Carnhill mic and output transformer option
- One-year warranty
Get better studio tracks now!
7602 MKII MIC Pre / EQ Mic and Transformer Upgrade Specifications:
- Input impedance: Microphone â 300 & 1,200 ohms
- Line â 10,000 ohms
- D.I. â 100,000 ohms
- Sensitivity: Microphone â -80dBm to -20 dBm in 5dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Line â -20 dBm to +10 dBm in 5 dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Noise: Measured at 80dB of gain with 200 ohm input termination, without 20Hz to 20kHz to assist in filtering out noise.
- -49dBu with final output stage at 50% EIN -129 dbu;
- -46dBu with final output stage at unity EIN -126 dBu;
- -56dBu without final output stage EIN -136 dbu.
- Controls either "flat" or switched out.
- Output: Balanced and floating to feed a 600 ohm load.
- Maximum output +26dBm into 600 ohms, or +20dBm into 150 ohms.
- Output impedance: 600 ohms, balanced (source impedance 75 ohms).
- Frequency Response: 11Hz â 77.65kHz â 3dB.
- Level variation is less than 0.2%.
- Distortion: 1k Hz = 0.0245%