Innovative design for superior power handling, tight bass, and refined mid-range.
The Cerwin Vega CVA-28 is a totally integrated, matched, and optimized active speaker system that provides powerful sound in a small, modular package. The system configuration starts with an innovative, 3-way, dual 8" design. The dual 8" configuration was chosen for optimized directivity and extremely clean, off-axis response. The custom-designed Cerwin-Vega drivers also provide superior power handling, tight bass and refined mid-range. Finally, a compression driver is placed in the center of the top woofer in a concentric configuration. This design provides time-aligned high frequencies for incredible detail and imaging.
Matched to the impressive transducer array of the CVA-28 speaker is a 400-watt integrated 3-way amplifier. With 800 watts peak output, the amplifier includes a dedicated EQ contour switch optimized for high SPL situations. A Sub/No Sub switch allows users to roll off the low end when used with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies in the system. Connections include microphone, line, and instrument inputs through XLR and quarter-inch connectors.
The active speaker can be mounted or installed in a myriad of ways thanks to integrated fly points, flyware kits, pole mount, and dual- and triple-speaker mount accessories. With or without its ActiveSeries subwoofer partners, the CVA-28 is among the best sounding active full range speakers in its class. Whether it's hip-hop, jazz, bluegrass, or rock-and-roll, it provides the performance, power, and flexibility you just can't find elsewhere. If you're looking for an upgradeable and accurately voiced speaker as part of your performance arsenal, the CVA-28 is the way to go.
Cerwin-Vega ActiveSeries Speakers
If you make your living as DJ, performing artist, or production company, this system is for you. If you are tired of compromising performance, particularly great bottom-end output, for portability, then Cerwin-Vega ActiveSeries speakers are what you've been waiting for! By combining the matching speaker, enclosure, and amplification technology into one package, CV engineers maximized the overall acoustic performance of each component, while minimizing set-up complexity.
- Dual 8" full-range active speaker optimized for portability with incredible frequency response
- Built-in amplification designed to optimize performance
- Can be mounted or installed using integrated fly points, flyware kits, pole mount, and dual- and triple-speaker mount accessories
- Rugged hardwood enclosure, a road-ready cabinet that is easy to transport from gig to gig
CVA-28 Active Dual 8" Speaker Specifications:
- Continuous 400 watts
- Peak 800 watts
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz - 20 Hz
- Frequency Range: 60 Hz - 20 Hz (-10 dB)
- Max SPL: 128 dB at 800 watts
- Inputs: XLR/F Balanced, 1/4: TRS
- Outputs: XLR/M 1/4" TRS
- Controls: Level Line / Mic-D.I.No Sub with Sub Countour / OffPowerVoltage Selector
- HF Driver: CD34B, voice coil 34mm
- MLF Driver: FR8C, 8 inch voice coil 2"
- LF Driver: FR8B, 8 inch voice coil 2"
- Nominal Beamwidth (-6dB SPL points):
- Horizontal 50°
- Vertical 50°
- Voice Coil: 4"
- Enclosure/Finish: Multi-ply hardwood Coolex Paint
- Front 11" x 20", 279 x 520 mm
- Rear: 8" x 12", 216 x 305 mm
- Weight: 48 lbs (21.8 kg)