- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Rugged 2x2 24-bit/96kHz USB audio interface with high-end mic preamps, balanced I/O, and more.
The UA-25EX is a feature packed, professional-level, ruggedly made 2x2 24-bit/96kHz USB Audio Interface for Mac and PC. With its professional quality mic preamps and compact size, the UA-25-EX is equally suited in the project studio or as a mobile solution on the road for high-quality audio recording and music production.
Don't let its compact size (or body) fool you—the UA-25EX is a full-featured, professional audio interface with extras you wouldn't expect in its size and price class. It's capable of handling audio at 24-bit/96kHz resolution, and boasts newly-developed high-end mic preamps, plus pro-quality balanced audio inputs and outputs, and an integrated low-noise, wide-range power supply.
Analog Compression & Limiting
The UA-25EX features a modern analog compressor with variable attack times and threshold control for smooth capture of vocals or dynamic instruments. The accompanying limiter prevents input clipping from occurring so you'll never lose those perfect takes.
Pro-Quality Shielding with Ground Lift
With its high-grade aluminum chassis, the UA-25EX can withstand hard impacts, and is shielded against high-frequency interference from other electrical components. Should a ground loop occur, the new ground-lift function eliminates the noise by disconnecting the sleeve pin of the master output from the earth ground.
Compatible With All Major DAWs
The UA-25EX is the perfect I/O for Mac and PC customers looking to get better audio quality from Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Digital Performer, Garage Band, Logic, Nuedo, SONAR, and others.
For Windows customers just getting started, the UA-25EX includes the Cakewalk Production Plus Pack, a feature-rich recording software bundle consisting of SONAR LE, Project5 LE, and Dimension LE for PC-based recording. The CD-ROM also includes the latest ASIO, WDM, and MME drivers for Windows XP and Vista (32-bit versions), plus Core Audio drivers for Mac OS X.
- Designed for low-noise and high-sensitivity professional recording with +4 dBu balanced input and output
- 2 premium XLR/TRS jacks with improved, professional-grade mic preamps and phantom power for crystal-clear audio capture
- Analog Dynamics Processing (threshold-adjustable Compressor/Limiter) with indicator for great sound on input
- Direct-Box functionality, essential for noise-free live stage use
- USB bus-powered, no AC adaptor required, ideal for mobile use
- High-resolution recording & playback, up to 24-bit/96kHz through USB connection
- Compact and ultra-sturdy, solid-metal construction
- Variety of input and output options
- Powerful low-latency driver performance
- Zero-latency, direct monitoring
- MIDI in/out ports for MIDI recording, sequencing, control, and playback
- Cakewalk Production Plus Pack software included
- Owner's manual
- USB cable
Ready to record your ideas? Order this affordable audio interface for better results.
UA-25EX USB Audio Interface Specifications:
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels
- 1 stereo pair
- 1 stereo pair
- DIGITAL IN SWITCH = OFF: Full duplex (except for 96 kHz setting)
- DIGITAL IN SWITCH = ON: Recording only
- Signal Processing
- Computer Interface: 24-bit (ADVANCE SWITCH=OFF: 16-bit)
- AD/DA Conversion: 24-bit (linear)
- Sampling Frequency
- Digital output: 44.1/48/96kHz
- Digital input: 44.1/48/96kHz
- AD/DA Conversion: 44.1/48/96kHz (ADVANCE SWITCH=OFF: 44.1kHz only)
- Frequency Response
- 96.0kHz: 20Hz to 40kHz (+0dB/-2dB)
- 48.0kHz: 20Hz to 22kHz (+0dB/-1dB)
- 44.1kHz: 20Hz to 20 kHz (+0dB/-1dB)
- Nominal Input Level
- XLR Input (Left/Right): -60 to -20dBu
- 1/4" TRS Input (Left/Right): -36 to +4dBu
- Maximum Input level: + 12dB
- Nominal Output Level
- 1/4" TRS Output (Left/Right): +4 dBu (balanced)
- RCA Output (Left/Right): -2 dBu
- Maximum Output level: Nominal Output Level + 12 dB
- Residual Noise Level
- Output Jack: -96 dBu (S/N ratio: 105 dB) (input terminated with 1 k O, OUTPUT VOLUME: max., INPUT MONITOR: min., IHF-A, typ.)
- Mic Preamp
- PHANTOM POWER +48V
- ANALOG LIMITER/COMPRESSOR
- Front Panel
- Input (Left/Right): XLR (balanced, phantom power +48V), 1/4" TRS (balanced)
- Input Jack R: Hi-Z (high impedance) is supported
- Headphone Out: Stereo 1/4"
- Rear Panel
- Digital Input Connector: Optical
- Digital Output Connector: Optical
- Output Jacks (L/R): 1/4" TRS (balanced), RCA
- MIDI Connectors: IN/OUT
- USB Connector: Type B
- Power Supply: USB Bus Power
- Current Draw: 480 mA
- Size and Weight (WxDxH): 164mm x 133mm x 64mm or 6-1/2" x 5-1/4" x 2-9/16"
- Weight: 0.6kg (1lb. 4 oz.)
- System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista / Windows XP Home / XP Professional SP2 or later
- Computer: Windows compatible PC equipped with a USB port
- CPU/Clock: Pentium® Processor 1GHz or higher
- Memory(RAM): 256MB or more (1GB or more is recommended)
- (This product does not support Windows XP Media Center Edition or XP Professional x64)
- OS: Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
- Computer: Apple Macintosh series with on-board USB port
- CPU/Clock: Intel Processor or PowerPC G4/867MHz or higher
- Memory(RAM): 256MB or more (512MB or more is recommended)
- Cakewalk Production Pack Software
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista only
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ RAM - 256 MB RAM
- Hard Drive: 100MB free hard disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768, 16-bit color CD-ROM drive (for installation) Windows-compatible audio card/interface
- USB 2.0 Compatible. Works as a USB 1.1 device without changing the specifications and performance
- Macintosh computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported