BSS Audio FDS-366T Omnidrive Compact Plus Loudspeaker Management SystemProduct #186300 BSS Audio 186300 YFE Equalizers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
The loudspeaker management solution!
The BSS Audio FDS-366T Omnidrive Compact Plus Loudspeaker Management System is the one loudspeaker management system that really satisfies all your system requirements, and it just got even better! It includes the first pro audio implementation of WHISEWORKS - NTM™* filter technology, which means that you can take your loudspeakers closer to their operating bandwidths without fear of over-excursion.
One FDS-366 can drive a true stereo 3-way system, or 3 bi-amp outputs for monitors. Add more units and MIDI slave linking to make stereo 4, 5 and even 6-way systems.
Other applications are also covered, such as zoning to six discrete areas using full range or band-restricted outputs. As a mono sum of all three inputs is available, the FDS-366 will find favor with LCR post-production monitoring systems where a mono sub output is required.
A stereo AES/EBU digital input also means that the FDS-366 is an ideal product for studio monitoring applications. BSS has incorporated the very latest digital technology and DSP algorithms to provide the Compact Plus with truly astonishing audio performance. The latest generation of 24-bit converters with carefully engineered support electronics provides a dynamic range in excess of 112dB (unweighted) without employing 'massaging' techniques that could have side effects.
Using a 96kHz sample rate further enhances the sonic performance of the FDS-366. The advantages of this higher rate mean a more natural and open sound thanks to a 40kHz bandwidth and improved filter responses that are possible with the higher Nyquist frequency.
BSS Audio pioneered the use of dynamic equalization on the DPR-901, a tool well known to engineers the world over. Essentially a way of compressing selected frequencies when the signal reaches a preset threshold, adding dynamic EQ to every input and output on the FDS-366 provides the engineer with a way to control some of the non-linearities in drivers (such as 2" horns) and room resonances.
Two new facilities, the Alignment Assistant and Dynamic EQ, help to reduce setup time and enhance creativity.
The effects of non-identical delays between loudspeaker drivers in cabinets, and between cabinets are well known. The FDS-366's Alignment Assistant makes the calculation and implementation of driver delay settings quick and automatic. A microphone input directly measures and corrects for driver and cabinet displacement and also takes into account inherent phase shifts present in these and other system elements.
- 3 inputs and 6 outputs for maximum flexibility in one rack space
- NTM filters give even better system performance
- Hi-Spec 24-bit converters give a dynamic range in excess of 112dB
- 96kHz Sample rate
- Stereo Digital Input (44.1/48/88.2/96kHz AES) as well as three analog inputs
- DSP algorithms for absolute phase-matching
- Alignment Assistant takes care of your driver delay settings, automatically.
- Dynamic Equalisation on every input and output
- Freely assignable EQ filters - put EQ where you need it
- Contact closure program recall
- Output transformer options
- RS-232, RS-485 and MIDI control options
The state-of-the-art communications and relay center for your speaker setup! Order today and enjoy the freedom of plug-in flexibility.
FDS-366T Omnidrive Compact Plus Loudspeaker Management System Specifications:
- Q (bandwidth):0.05 to 3 octaves, variable in 0.05 steps
- EQ freq: 15Hz-20kHz
- Dynamic slope: 2:1 to 20:1 (dynamic EQs only)
- General Performance (filters out)
- Frequency response:
- 15Hz - 20kHz, +/-0.25dB
- 15Hz - 40kHz, +/-3dB
- Dynamic range: >112dB, unweighted 22Hz to 22kHz, >117dB using AES input
- Channel Separation: >80dB, 30Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion (THD): <0.005%, 20Hz - 20kHz @+10dBu output
- Input headroom metering: -20dB, -12dB, -6dB, -3dB, Clip
- Relative to clip point (+20dBu)
- Output metering SIG: (-40dB), -20dB, -12dB, -6dB, -3dB, 0dB, Over (+6dB)
- Relative to limiter threshold setting
- Dimensions: 19" x 1.75" x 11.5" (483mm x 45mm x 292mm)
- Weight: 8.4lbs (3.8kgs), unpacked
- AC Power: 90V-264V AC, 50/60Hz, 30VA