BSS Audio AR-133 Active DI Box
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Added functionality and enhanced audio performance for a price that won't break the bank.
The AR-133 Active DI Box from BSS Audio uses an enhanced version of the same audio path as the AR-116, now regarded by many people as a reference standard. The sound quality is legendary, particularly on acoustic and bass guitars. Numerous applications can be satisfied by the AR-133. For example, as well as the traditional guitar use, the AR-133 can be used with keyboards, DJ consoles, amplifier outputs, and other electronic sources. An additional bonus is the ability to use the AR-133 as an active balancing device.
Input connectors are both 1/4" jack sockets and an XLR socket, the latter meaning that the AR-133 can be used to convert unbalanced signals to a balanced output on XLRs throughout. The arched case allows cables to run back underneath the unit from the end for neat cable management. Input attenuation is 0, -20 or -40dB, making the box suitable for instrument, line or amplifier levels on inputs. On the output side, a ground-lift switch is provided for quick solutions to ground-loop problems.
The BSS AR-133 includes phantom power and battery supplies as standard. Should the phantom power from the console fail or be accidentally switched off, the AR-133 automatically switches over to the internal 9V battery providing uninterrupted use. This unit is housed in a rugged aluminum extrusion case, with robust polyurethane end-cheeks which give the AR-133 a very distinctive look.
- Switchable input
- 0dB for guitar-type
- -20dB for line level
- -40dB for speaker
- Matches the level and impedance
- with unity gain without
- loading the source
- Can drive signals up long cable
- Powered from console
- phantom power or internal
- Automatic switchover to battery
- if phantom power fails
- Parallel Link Jack output to feed
- amplifiers directly
- Parallel XLR input for
- converting unbalanced outputs
AR-133 Active DI Box Specifications:
- Input Section
- Input Impedance
- 1MOhm (pad at 0dB)
- 47kOhm (pad at -20dB)
- 47kOhm (pad at -40dB)
- Max Input Level
- +9dBu (pad at 0dB)
- +29dBu (pad at -20dB)
- +49dBu (pad at -40dB)
- Two Parallel 1/4" jack connectors and a parallel XLR connector (unbalanced)
- Tip Hot (+ve)
- Sleeve Ground
- Pin 2 Hot (+ve)
- Pin 1 & 3 Ground
- Output Section
- Output: Transformer Balanced
- Max. Output Level: +8dBu into 600 ohms or greater
- Connector: XLR3-32 or equivalent
- System Performance
- Distortion (THD): < 0.005% at 1kHz, 0dBu output
- Noise: < -105dB unweighted, 22hz-22khz, rms*
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz, +0dB/-1dB
- Main/Standby battery: 9 volt PP3 type, preferably alkaline.
- Current drain: on phantom - less than 7.5mA, on battery - less than 2mA
- Phantom Power: +20 volts DC to +48 volts DC
- Weight: 650 gms, excluding batteries.
- Overall Dimensions: 59 mm x 124 mm x 143 mm (2.3" x 4.9" x 5.6")