Small, light, loaded with great features, and it sounds fantastic.
The Behringer EUROPOWER PMP980S mixer delivers superior sound quality for small club gigs, churches or speeches. While this 900W mixer keeps your outboard gear to a minimum, it offers 8 channels and 10 inputs.
Classic control, state-of-the-art sound
Each of the mic inputs on the Behringer PMP980S mixer contains top-quality built-in mic preamps with switchable +48V phantom power for condenser mics—just like in our studio mixers. Suddenly you can leave the mic preamps at home, and the kind of sound quality that was once only available in the studio is ready to go wherever you do. Plus with dual 24-bit FX processors built right in, you get 100 mind-blowing digital effect presets such as delay, chorus and reverb that you can apply two-at-a-time to any channel you like, as well as to the monitors and main output. No outboard gear needed.
This mixer comes loaded with Behringer's amazing FBQ feedback detection system, which automatically pinpoints trouble frequencies so you can snuff them out before you—or the audience—go deaf. Just touch a button and watch as trouble frequencies are indicated by red LEDs on the 7-band graphic EQ.
The Ins and Outs
The Behringer PMP980S gives you loads of flexibility in accommodating whatever the center of attention happens to be. Channels 1-6 are for mics, bass guitars or other mono instruments. Channels 7-8 and 9-10 can be used as stereo channels. You can connect up to 8 microphones or other mono instruments or six mics or mono instruments along with two stereo instruments (keyboards, for example) or the A/V equivalent.
In the bottom right corner of the Behringer PMP980S mixer, you'll find the FX, INPUT TO MAIN and OUTPUT sections. The FX section features a FOOTSW(itch) input. This lets you connect a footswitch like the AB200 so you can remotely enable/disable either FX channel. FX OUT 1 & 2 are used to connect up to two outboard effects processors. The AUX IN 1/4" inputs in the INPUT TO MAIN section allow you to route an external stereo signal to the main mix.
The AUX IN control adjusts the volume of the external signal in the main mix. Use the 2TR IN RCA inputs to feed in external stereo signals from CD players or tape decks. The VOICE CANCELER switch allows you to eliminate the vocals from pre-recorded music for karaoke applications.
In the OUTPUT section, the REC OUT RCA outputs send line-level signals from the mixer to a recording device, so you can finally get to work on that triple-live album you've always dreamed of. The MAIN 1/4" connectors are there just in case you want to connect more amps. Connect your monitor power amps or active monitor speakers to the MONITOR output.
Channel your inner sound guru
You'll be operating this mixer like it's second nature thanks to its simple, intuitive layout. Each channel has a three-band EQ (HIGH, MID, LOW) blue; MON(itor) level in gray; FX1 in red; FX2 in orange; PAN in black (only PMP980S); LEVEL in white. There's also a switchable PAD and CLIP LED per channel.
Once you've set the levels on individual channels, it's easy to create your MAIN and MONITOR mixers. The MAIN and MONITOR sections are nearly identical, featuring graphic 7-band EQs that allow you to adjust the sound to the room acoustics. This is where the FBQ feature comes in particularly handy. Press the FBQ IN switch to activate the Feedback Detection System. Trouble frequencies are indicated by brightly lit fader LEDs. Just lower the level of the respective frequency range until feedback disappears and the LED goes out.
The FX RET controls add the selected effect signal to the main or monitor mix. When both are completely counterclockwise, no effect is applied. The 2TR IN control adjusts the volume of the 2 Track signal, if you have connected one.
Use the MAIN MASTER/MONITOR MASTER controls to adjust the main and monitor output signals, respectively. The 5-digit LED meters give you a visual representation of these volumes. The upper LIM LED illuminates when output levels are too high, activating the internal amp protection circuit.
The POWER AMP switch toggles between the Behringer PMP980S mixer's 3 operating modes: stereo, mono and bridge (the power outputs of A and B on the back panel are added and provided at OUTPUT B).
Directly below, you'll find the SPEAKER PROCESSING switch that activates a filter, adapting the mixer to your loudspeakers. If your speakers have a limited frequency response in the bass range, the PMP980S can adapt itself to them.
Finally, the STANDBY switch lets you mute all input channels during breaks, preventing the microphones from picking up noise or interference. You can leave all faders untouched while you play a CD via the CD/TAPE inputs.
- Ultracompact 450W dual mono powered mixer
- Revolutionary amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Ultracompact design at nearly half the depth and weight of conventional powered mixers means no more lugging around dead weight
- 8-channel mixer with 6 mono and 2 stereo channels plus separate tape returns
- 24-bit stereo FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies for easy feedback removal
- 6 high-quality mic preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Effective, extremely musical 3-band EQ, switchable Pad and Clip LEDs on all channels
- Dual 7-band graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor and main outputs
- Voice Canceler function removes singer's voice from recordings for Karaoke applications
- Selectable double mono (main/main, main/monitor) or bridged mono amplifier operation mode
- Speaker Processing function adjusts frequency response to match professional speaker systems like BEHRINGER EUROLIVE series, etc.
- Standby switch mutes all input channels during breaks while background music is provided via tape inputs
- Adjustable Aux input for connecting external signal sources
- Internal switch-mode power supply, noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Rack mount brackets included
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Why wait? Start gigging now.