Behringer EUROPOWER EPX2800 Power AmpProduct #H78509 Behringer H78509 YAB Live Power Amplifiers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Professional 2800-watt lightweight stereo power amplifier with ATR technology.
Power amps have always been heavy, mainly because of their massive transformers and heat sinks. Behringer's new EPX Series amps are based on groundbreaking switch-mode power supply technology, which eliminates the heavy transformer. As a result, these amps weigh about 40% less than their conventional counterparts. In fact, the EPX2800 is 22.3 lbs (10.1 kg) each, so you can practically lift it with just one finger. Best of all, EPX Series amps are super-reliable and provide even tighter bass performance than their predecessors, since they can deliver ultra-high peak currents on demand.
In a Class of Their Own
The secret to the EPX Series’ incredible power-to-weight ratio is the use of a switch-mode power supply combined with Class-H topology. Because they work on demand, instead of operating continuously at full power, switch-mode power supplies are much more efficient than traditional power supplies. And since they don’t require the massive transformers and heat sinks typically found in conventional power amps, they are significantly smaller and lighter, yet still deliver ample power.
Think of a Class-H amp as being similar to a car with two engines (in amps, they are called “rails”). One engine runs all the time. The other runs only when musical peaks demand the extra power output. An EPX Class-H amp only generates a fraction more power than is immediately needed, while the output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time. And just like in today’s hybrid cars, the efficiency of this dual system is far greater than having just one engine or rail that has to operate continuously.
Accelerated Transient Response Delivers the Knockout Punch
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That’s called Transient Response and it’s the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of Behringer’s circuitry, EPX amps can react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
BEHRINGER didn’t invent Class-H technology, but Behringer’s R&D Department has been working for years to perfect their own version, creating lightweight amps that run cool and achieve our goal of Accelerated Transient Response.
Everything You Need
The simple front panel controls of these amps give you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power Button, the POWER LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials, as well as CLIP LEDs that notify you when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also SIGNAL LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
The EPX Series’ INPUTs accept balanced XLR, ¼ " TRS, and unbalanced ¼ " TS and RCA connections. Take your pick of professional locking speaker outputs or touch-proof binding posts to securely connect speakers.
A panel of switches located on the back off ers an array of cool options applicable to both channels. The switchable Clip Limiter lets you get even more out of the amplifier without overdriving either it or your speaker system. Built-in circuitry automatically senses when the amp is being overdriven into “clipping” and instantaneously reduces the input level just enough to avoid clipping distortion.
The rear panel also contains a switch that allows you to put these amps to work in mono, stereo (two-channel mode) or bridge mode, which is always mono. A built-in CROSSOVER switch lets you put the amp into biamp mode, which sends low-frequency content (< 100 Hz) to the CH2 Output and the high-frequency component to CH1 automatically, no external hardware required.
BEHRINGER’s EPX Series amps are built for the working musician. They are much lighter than conventional power amps, pack massive power, feature built-in crossover and limiter circuits, and can withstand the rigors of the road. Plus their light price tag will leave money in your pocket to buy more stuff to amplify!
- 2 x 1400 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 800 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2800 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Limit LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4'' TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and ''touch-proof'' binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- “Back-to-front” ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- ''Built-like-a-tank'', impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Order a super-reliable amp that provides even tight bass performance.
EUROPOWER EPX2800 Power Amp Specifications:
- Output Power
- -RMS Power
- Stereo Mode (both channels driven)
- 8 Ω per channel, stereo 350 W
- 4 Ω per channel, stereo 600 W
- 2 Ω per channel, stereo 990 W
- Bridged Mono
- 8 Ω / 1 kHz @ 0.1% THD 1220 W
- 4 Ω / 1 kHz @ 1% THD 2000 W
- -Peak Power
- Stereo Mode (both channels driven)
- 8 Ω per channel, stereo 440 W
- 4 Ω per channel, stereo 800 W
- 2 Ω per channel, stereo 1400 W
- Bridged Mono
- 8 Ω bridge mode 1620 W
- 4 Ω bridge mode 2800 W
- Input Sensitivity 1 V
- Distortion <0.01%
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-1 dB
- Voltage Gain 35 dB
- Damping Factor > 300 @ 8 Ω
- Input impedance 10 kΩ unbalanced, 20 kΩ balanced
- Signal-to-Noise > 100 dBA
- Front POWER switch GAIN control (channel 1 and 2)
- Rear MODE switch X-over Switch, BRIDGE MODE switch
- POWER: Blue LEDs
- CLIP (per channel): Blue LEDs
- PROT (per channel): Blue LEDs
- SIGNAL (per channel): White LEDs -20dB~-10dB
- SIGNAL (per channel): White LEDs -10dB~ 0dB
- Inputs: Balanced XLR, 1/4" TRS , RCA
- Outputs: Speakon and “touch-proof’’ binding posts
- Circuit protection: Cooling Continuously variable speed fan, back to front airflow
- Amplifier protection Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal,
- ultrasonic, RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Output circuit type: Class H
- Power supply / Voltage (Fuses)
- USA / Canada: 120 V~, 60 Hz (T 20 A H 250 V)
- UK / Australia: 240 V~, 50 Hz (T 10A H 250 V)
- Europe: 230 V~, 50 Hz (T 10 A H 250 V)
- Japan: 100 V~, 50-60 Hz (T 20 A H 250 V)
- Power consumption: 3000 W
- Mains connector: Standard IEC receptacle
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 3.46 x 19.01 x 14.68"
- 88 x 483 x 373 mm
- Weight 22.26 lb. / 10.10 kg