Behringer EUROPOWER EPX2000 Stereo Power AmpProduct #620802 Behringer 620802 YAB Live Power Amplifiers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Deliver a knockout punch of sound in this lightweight professional amplifier.
Behringer's EPX2000 Stereo Power Amp line is built for the working musician. It's much easier to transport than a conventional AB power amp, it packs ample power, it's got a built-in crossover and limiter, and it's built to last through all the rigors of the road. Plus its affordability will leave you with enough cash left over to acquire more music gear to amplify!
The simple front panel controls the Behringer EUROPOWER EXP2000 amp and gives you all of your sound's vital signs at a glance. After pressing the Power Button, the POWER LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also SIGNAL LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
The EPX series' INPUTs accept balanced XLR, 1/4" TRS, and unbalanced 1/4" TS and RCA connections. Take your pick of professional locking speaker outputs or touch-proof binding posts to securely connect speakers.
A panel of switches found on the back of this Behringer power amp offers an array of cool options applicable to both channels. The Clip Limiter lets you get even more out of the amplifier without overdriving either it or your speaker system. Built-in circuitry automatically senses when the power amp is being overdriven into "clipping" and then momentarily reduces the input level to avoid clipping distortion.
The same panel contains the switches that allow you to put these amps to work in either mono, stereo (two-channel mode) or bridge mode, which is always in mono. A built-in CROSSOVER switch lets you select the point at which highs and lows are separated (CH1<100Hz / CH2>100 Hz or FULLRANGE).
Power amps have always been heavy, mainly because of the massive transformers and huge banks of capacitors needed for high-power operation. In fact, six conventional power amps in a rack can easily top 250 pounds. The same number of EPX Series amps come in at just under 134 lbs./61 kg, and they pack all the power of their conventional counterparts. The secret to the Behringer EUROPOWER EPX series' incredible power-to-weight ratio is their use of a switching-mode power supply combined with Class-H topology. Switching-mode power supplies work on demand. Instead of constantly working at full power and dissipating excess power as heat, they only ramp up the power output when needed—thousands of times per second. Considerably more efficient than traditional power supplies, switching-mode power supplies are small and light, yet deliver ample power.
Think of a Class H power amp as a car with two engines (in amps, you call them "rails"). One engine runs all the time. The other runs only when musical peaks demand extra power output. An EPX Class H amp only generates a fraction more power than is immediately needed while the output stage operates at its maximum efficiency all the time. And just like in today's hybrid cars, the efficiency of this dual system is far greater than having one engine or rail that must operate all the time. EUROPOWER EPX2000 amps don't waste power. Class H amps don't waste power, require much smaller heat sinks and much lighter power transformers.
It takes huge pulses of energy (current and voltage) to propel a woofer cone out fast enough to match a bass beat. That's called Transient Response and it's the holy grail of amp designers. By carefully selecting transistors with extremely high slew rates and optimizing other proprietary parts of the circuitry, the EPX2000 amps are able to react instantly to even the most demanding electronic bass impulses. If the woofers in your PA system can keep up, your audience will hear a tighter, crisper, more natural sound.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class H amps, which were first described in NASA technology (U.S. patent 3,319,175), feature rail tracking for effectively modulating the power supply rails with only the peaks of the input signal. This technology has revolutionized pro audio amp designs with its outstanding performance and efficiency. When combined with switching-mode power supplies that replace heavy toroid transformers, Behringer's designs provide more dynamic punch and, because they are so much more efficient, run cooler and don't require huge, heavy heat sinks.
Behringer didn't invent Class H technology, but its R&D Department has been working for years to perfect its own version, creating lightweight amps that run cool and also achieve its goal of Accelerated Transient Response.
- 2 x 1000W into 2 Ohms / 20Hz-20kHz; 2 x 650 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Ultra-light, ultra-low noise and ultra-efficient switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and low power consumption
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR, 1/4" TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Built-in Subwoofer/Satellite crossover for more flexibility
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- "Back-to-front" ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank", impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
EUROPOWER EPX2000 Stereo Power Amp Specifications:
- Stereo Mode (both channels driven): continuous average output power per channel
- 350W @ 8 Ohms / 20 Hz - 20 kHz (0.1% THD)
- 600W @ 4 Ohms / 20 Hz - 20 kHz (0.1% THD)
- 950W 2 Ohms / 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ 1% THD:
- Bridged Mono:
- 1200W @ 8 Ohms / 20 Hz - 20 kHz (0.1% THD)
- 1900W @ 4 Ohms / 20 Hz - 20 kHz (1% THD)
- Distortion: <0.01%
- Frequency Response (at 10dB below rated output power): 20Hz to 20kHz, +0/-1 dB
- 5Hz to 50kHz (at -3dB points)
- Damping Factor (1 kHz and below): >300 @ 8 Ohms
- Signal to Noise (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- EPX2000 >100 dB
- Voltage Gain: 32 dB
- Input Sensitivity 1V
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms unbalanced / 20k Ohms balanced
- Front: AC switch/ gain controls for each channel
- Rear: MONO, X-Over, Limiter, Bridge mode
- X-Over FX 100Hz, 12dB slope
- Limiter Type: VCA CLIP Limiter, switchable Indicators
- Input: Active balanced XLR (pin 2+), 1/4" TRS
- Output: Touch-proof binding posts / speaker connectors
- Cooling: continuously variable speed fan, back-to-front air flow
- Amplifier protection: full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, ultrasonic, RF protection. Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
- Load protection: On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown
- Output Circuitry: class H, 2-tier
- Power consumption [1/8 Power (pink noise) Bridged 4Ohms]: 5A_230V / 9A_120V
- Dimensions: 19"/ 2U
- Weight 22.26 lb.