- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Active 550W 2-way PA speaker system with 12" woofer and 1.75" titanium compression driver.
One of the coolest things about active loudspeakers like the Behringer EUROLIVE B312D is the lack of all the backbreaking racks of amps, crossovers, and EQs that are often required to make passive systems sound almost as good. But that comes with a trade-off—that extra weight is usually transferred to the loudspeaker, making it difficult for a single user to heave all that mass onto a speaker stand. By utilizing switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology, however, the Behringer EUROLIVE B312D loudspeaker provides 28% more output power (550-Watts) and still weighs 10% less than Behringer's best-selling B312A system. Sound quality is also improved, thanks to an integrated sound processor, which provides total system control, dependable protection of the transducers (woofer and tweeter) and virtually eliminates distortion—even at extreme operating levels. In addition, it features an Ultra-Low Noise (ULN) MIC/LINE input with LEVEL control and a dedicated 2-band EQ (HIGH/LOW) for simple, yet effective tonal control.
What is Class-D Technology?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, the Class-D amps inside the Behringer EUROLIVE B312D switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means no need for massive heat sinks, and that means which means a much lighter product. Behringer's no-compromise design means your Behringer EUROLIVE B312D loudspeaker will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, Behringer's Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The result is a speaker systems that is much lighter, making it easy to transport and set up.
Dynamic processing is one of the best ways to maximize output without sacrificing sound quality. The Behringer EUROLIVE B312D's built-in circuitry automatically adjusts program content, allowing the loudspeaker to operate at extreme levels. It accomplishes this by reducing bass output slightly as you approach the limit of the transducers. This frees up LF (Low Frequency) amp and transducer resources, so that higher overall volume can be realized. It's like having a tiny soundman inside your cabinet constantly monitoring and tweaking output parameters.
Instant PA System
With just a single Behringer EUROLIVE B312D loudspeaker and a microphone, you can set up an instant PA system—and you don't need an external mixer to do so. Thanks to the built-in mic preamp, you can connect any dynamic mic directly to the input and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Just plug in the mic, place your Behringer EUROLIVE B312D on a tabletop or standard speaker stand, and power up. It's that easy. And, if you need more coverage, you can use the convenient LINK OUTPUT XLR connector to add more active loudspeakers.
Stereo Music System
You can even use a pair of Behringer EUROLIVE B312D enclosures for stereo playback of your MP3, CD or old-school cassette deck without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo "breakout" adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the 1/4" inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. Voilà, instant party.
Thanks to its trapezoidal design, the Behringer EUROLIVE B312D loudspeaker can be laid on its side to provide the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Its extraordinary fidelity and frequency response make it a favorite of vocalists and instrumentalists alike. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4" cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR LINK OUTPUT jack on the rear panel.
Behringer custom-design and build their transducers from scratch. Not only do they wind their own voice coils, they process the paper pulp into cones and machine every component that goes into them. This enables them to control the quality and make better components, like the long-excursion LF transducers and state-of-the-art 1.75" titanium drivers deployed in each and every Behringer EUROLIVE B312D enclosure.
Low Frequency Response
The Behringer EUROLIVE B312D was built with extended low frequency handling in mind. With a tuned port, internally braced, injection-molded enclosure, each model's custom-designed LF transducer really cranks out tight low end. Keep in mind that bass response varies according to LF transducer size, so the larger the speaker, the more bass you will be able to generate.
PA Loudspeakers or Studio Monitors?
You'll love the sheer accuracy of this loudspeaker. More than a year went into the creation of the exponential horn/titanium-dome compression driver combination that not only does justice to loud rock and dance music, but to playing music from a CD players, satisfying audiophiles with its musical timbre and attention to detail. And, for spoken word, singing or acoustic instruments, a Behringer EUROLIVE B312D loudspeaker has exceptional articulation and complex harmonic detail. In fact, many customers think it's the most natural-sounding speaker they've ever heard at anywhere near the price.
- High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact lightweight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-lightweight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Integrated sound processor for ultimate system control and speaker protection
- Extremely powerful 12" long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.75" titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning: Stand mountable with 35-mm pole socket, tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Don't break your back or budget. Order a EUROLIVE B312D today!
EUROLIVE B312D 12" 2-Way Speaker Specifications:
- Amplifier Power Output
- Low-frequency range: (RMS Power) 280W @ 8Ω, (Peak Power) 450W @ 8Ω
- High-frequency range: (RMS Power) 65W @ 8Ω, (Peak Power) 100W @ 8Ω
- Speaker size
- Size: 12"/308mm, 1.75"/44mm
- Audio Inputs
- XLR (servo-balanced): (Sensitivity) XLR: -40dBu to +4dBu
- Input impedance: 20KΩ
- 1/4" TRS jack (servo-balanced): (Sensitivity): -40dBu to +4dBu, (Input impedance): 20 kΩ
- Level control: (Input Trim) -∞ to + 30dB
- Max. input level: +22dBu
- Link: XLR connector
- Loudspeaker system data
- Frequency response: 60Hz to 18kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.1kHz
- Sound pressure level: max. 125dB SPL @ 1m
- Limiter: Optical
- Dynamic Equalizer: Processor-controlled