Behringer EURODESK SX3282 MixerProduct #620518 Behringer 620518 YJB Unpowered Mixers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Old-school analog handling in a package armed to the teeth with modern reliability.
The Behringer EURODESK SX3282 Mixing Console is an excellent solution if you're looking for old-school analog handling in a package armed to the teeth with modern reliability. This mixer's British EQ, 24 mic inputs (each with its own built-in studiograde XENYX preamp), 8 stereo inputs, and 8 buses give you enough leeway to craft the recording of your dreams or create the perfect mix for a live show.
What the heck is British EQ?
British EQ is extremely useful to have on your side when you start reaching for those channel equalization knobs at a live concert or in the studio. The EQ's on British mixing consoles from the '60s and '70s are what many engineers believe does their sound the best justice. When it comes to tweaking your sound, they're kind, gentle, and, above all, musical. It's like drinking a fine scotch instead of fortified wine.
British EQ's distinct configuration of wider curves/lower Q and harmonic phase characteristics allows you to add or subtract EQ more generously than you can with conventional EQ circuit designs. When you add low midrange, you get a firmer sound instead of a nasty bonk. When you back high frequencies off a bit, treble backs off just a hair instead of turning muffled.
The Ins and Outs
Some manufacturers make what they call 32-input mixers that count features like CD/TAPE IN as an input. But the SX3282 really gives you 24 mono channels and four stereo channels (with two 1/4" inputs apiece—an additional 8 inputs), making it easy to accommodate a wide variety of studio or live performance configurations. That means you can connect up to 24 microphones or other mono instruments and up to four stereo instruments (keyboards, for example). You also get eight buses, allowing you to assign multiple channels—say all the mics on a drum kit or all the backup singers' mics—to a single fader.
Best of all, you don't need a black belt in engineering to operate the Behringer EURODESK SX3282 mixer. The mono channels are grouped along two-thirds of the board, featuring dials in uniform primary colors (Gain in white; EQ in blue; AUX in red; Pan in black). Sub groups are located next door to the Main and Mono faders in the bottom right corner. Directly above, there's a handy built-in talkback mic that sends signal to your AUX 1-2 monitors via a push button, as well as a multi-purpose 13-LED master level meter to give you a dynamic visual gauge of the selected output.
The SX3282 mixer's intuitive patch bay makes it equally at home in the club or studio. You get two balanced XLR MAIN outputs as well as two 1/4" TRS MAIN outs. There's also a 1/4" MONO OUT (perfect for a subwoofer output). Eight SUBGROUP OUT jacks allow you to send your buses to an external recording device. This section also includes AUX SEND jacks for connection to monitors, CD/ TAPE input and output jacks, and FX send/return jacks for use with outboard effects processors. Directly below, you'll find the 1/4" headphone/ control room out jack.
A Million Ways To Change The Channel
At the top of each mono channel, you'll find both a balanced XLR input with a XENYX mic preamp and a 1/4" input. A phantom power switch located on the back near the main power switch accommodates condenser mics. Each mono channel has a 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mids (giving you control of the Mid level and a sweepable frequency with a boost or cut of 15dB) and a Trim control for adjusting input gain via a Level Set LED. A Low Cut button eliminates the frequencies where unwanted infrasonics such as mic handling noise occur. The 8 AUX dials control the volume of the AUX SEND 1/4" output signals (more on that below).
Stereo channels feature the same functions on this sound mixer, but a with dual 1/4" inputs and a different EQ. Instead of sweepable mids, stereo channels feature High Mid and Low Mid dials, both with bell center frequencies set at 8kHz and 800Hz, respectively. This is especially useful for EQ'ing the critical midrange frequency content found in keyboard signals.
Near every mono channel's fader you'll find a 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, and MAIN button. By engaging the MAIN button, the signal is sent to the main mix. Or, if you engage the 1-2 button, the channel becomes part of a bus. Twist the PAN control all the way to the left to assign it to Sub 1, or all the way to the right for Sub 2. The same principle applies to the 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8 buttons.
A mixer's Mute button with accompanying LED cuts the signal from the channel, and a Clip LED helps you dial in a distortion-free, post-EQ signal. The Solo button on individual channels routes the subgroup signal to the solo bus or Pre-Fader Listen—depending on whether the signal has been included in a subgroup.
Finally, each of the 8 buses feature an independent fader, Solo switch, and Left and Right buttons to assign them to Left or Right stereo channels.
Hitch your art to the AUX
The Eurodesk SX3282 has 8 AUX SEND outputs as well as 8 AUX return inputs, giving you more routing options than a Los Angeles road map. AUX SEND 1-8 allow you to send the signal governed by an individual channel to an outboard FX unit or EQ. Meanwhile, the AUX returns can be thought of as 8 extra line inputs working as 4 stereo pairs. You can apply up to 20dB of gain to these inputs. AUX returns 1, 2, 7, and 8 allow returning FX to be sent to tape, and, along with 5 and 6, are also good for cuing artists via headphones. AUX returns 3 and 4 are always assigned to the main bus.
Built Solid for a Lifetime.
Behringer mixers last and last. They use top-quality parts such as longwear faders, sealed rotary controls, and premium circuit boards, and have 20 years of experience figuring out how to compensate for clumsy load-ins, spilled drinks, crazed guitarists, and millions of road miles. The result is an audio mixer you can count on day after day and night after night.
Take On The World
Not every town on the planet uses the same voltage common in yours. Unfortunately, this sometimes doesn't occur to jet-setting sound technicians until they're 5,000 miles from home. With the Behringer SX3282 mixer, this is never an issue. The internal auto-range power supply can run on anything from 100 to 240 V with noise-free audio, top-quality transient response, and low-power consumption.
- Ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer for studio, live, front-of-house, monitor, corporate, and touring audio applications
- 24 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power plus 4 stereo Line inputs
- Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQ (stereo channels) and 3-band EQ with semi-parametric mid band (mono channels) for warm and musical sound
- 8 subgroups with independent Pan controls, Solo, and Main functions and insert connections
- Clip and -20 dB LEDs plus Low Cut, Mute, Solo/PFL, Subgroup, and Main routing switches on all channels
- 8 Aux sends per channel: 4 pre/post fader switchable for flexible routing
- Main Aux sends with Level controls and Solo functions
- 4 multi-functional stereo Aux returns featuring Level and Balance controls, Solo and extensive routing functions
- Solo-In-Place with PFL function plus full-featured Talkback, Phones, and Monitor section
- Inserts on all mono channels, subgroups, and main
- Balanced inputs and Main outputs for highest signal integrity
- High-precision, 13-segment LED meter for main mix
- Long-wearing 60mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
Craft the recording of your dreams with this mixer. Order an SX3282 today!
EURODESK SX3282 Mixer Specifications:
- Input Channels
- Mic input type: XLR connector, electronically balanced, discrete input circuit
- Phantom power: +48 V DC
- Mic E.I.N. (22Hz-22kHz)
- @ 150 Ohms source: —129.0dBu
- Input shortened: —132.0dBu
- Distortion (THD + Noise): 0.007 % @ +4dBu, 1kHz, bandwidth 80kHz
- Gain range: +10dB to +60dB
- Max. input level: +12dBu
- Line input
- Type: 1/4" TRS jack, electronically balanced
- Impedance: 20 kOhms balanced, 10 kOhms unbalanced
- Gain range: Mono channels: —10dB to +40dB
- Stereo channels: —20dB to +20dB
- Max. input level: +22dBu
- Channel fader range: +10dB to o
- Aux send gain range: +15dB to o
- EQ mono channels
- Hi shelving: 12kHz, ±15dB
- Mid sweep: 100Hz to 8 kHz, ±15 dB, Q fixed at 2 oct.
- Lo shelving: 80Hz, ±15dB
- Lo out (HPF): 75Hz, 18dB/oct.
- EQ stereo channels
- Hi shelving: 12kHz, ±15dB
- Hi Mid peaking: 3kHz, ±15dB, Q fixed at 2 oct.
- Lo Mid peaking: 500Hz, ±15dB, Q fixed at 2 oct.
- Lo out (HPF): 75Hz, 18dB/oct.
- Channel Inserts
- Type: 1/4" TRS jack, unbalanced
- Max. in/out: +22dBu
- Channel to channel crosstalk: —95dB @ 1kHz
- Subgroup Section
- Bus noise fader @ 0dB: —105.0dBr, All input channels assigned & set @ 0dB gain, channels muted—92.0 dBr
- All input channels assigned & set @ 0dB gain —87.0dBr
- Submaster max. output level +22 dBu, balanced/unbalanced
- Fader range: +10 dB to o
- Main Mix Section
- Bus noise fader @ 0 dB: —102.0dBr
- All input channels assigned & set @ 0 dB gain, channels muted —92.0dBr
- All input channels assigned & set @ 0 dB gain—87.0 dBr
- Submaster max.: +28 dBu, balanced/
- output level: +22 dB, unbalanced
- Fader range: +10 dB to o
- Aux returns gain range: +20 dB to o
- Aux sends max. output level: +22 dBu
- System Data
- Distortion (THD + Noise): 0.007% @ +4dBu, 1kHz, bandwidth 80kHz
- Frequency response:
- 20Hz to 40kHz: —1dB (any input to any output)
- 10Hz to 120kHz: —3dB
- Power Supply
- Power consumption: max. 150W
- Fuse: 100 - 240 V~, 50/60Hz, T 2 A H 250 V
- Mains connector: Standard IEC receptacle
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.5"x 40.0" x 20.7", 89mm x 1016mm x 526mm
- Weight: 53lb./24kg