Make an easy transition from analog to digital, with this 32-channel live mixing console.
If you’ve been mixing with analog consoles for a long time, the idea of switching to an all-digital format might seem kind of frightening, but the Behringer X32 Digital Mixing Console makes the transition from analog to digital an easy one. The 32-channel X32 gives you all the controls you’re familiar with from the analog boards you’re used to, and merges them with digital mixing advantages including total mix recall, built-in FireWire/ USB/ ADAT expansion, virtual FX rack, high-resolution 7” color display and more. There’s no need to fear change any longer, trade in your dated analog console for the multi-featured versatility of the Behringer X32 today!
Ready for your input
Use any combination of the local 32 console mic inputs or the networked digital snake inputs on stage. The dedicated channel strip section puts 17 backlit buttons and 13 rotary controls with LED-collars right at your fingertips for quick, analog-style adjustment of each channel’s compressor, 4-band parametric EQ and much more. Each input and output channel strip features its own color backlit 128x64 graphic LCD, which provides vital channel information at-a-glance, such as input source names and icons, to quickly identify instrumentation in the mix. Each LCD’s information can be updated either by using the onboard display or an attached computer.
Virtual FX Rack
The onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to eight true-stereo, multi-effects processors (16 mono) including delay, chorus, dynamics—and it can run 4 production quality true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 8 channels of 31-band graphic equalization, all without the need for expensive, space-consuming external hardware.
High-count I/O options
I/O abounds with 32 high-end programmable mic preamps; 6 Aux Inputs on 1/4" TRS; 16 balanced XLR Outs, plus balanced Control Room outputs on both XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors. A single CAT5 cable from FOH to the stage can receive up to 48 channels of audio input—and deliver all bus outputs, along with 16 individual monitor feeds for BEHRINGER’s brand new P16 personal monitoring system.
Vital information is just a click away
Thanks to the netbook-resolution, 800x480 high-contrast color TFT display, you are never more than one or two button presses away from any of X32’s eight highly intuitive control screens. Once you select the desired function, dedicated rotary/push encoders allow you to set parameters and source I/O assignment, without the need to “drill down” through multiple layers of menus or page through a complex owner’s manual.
Versatile signal and scene management
Signals can be assigned to eight DCA groups (Digitally Controlled Amplifier), which provides simultaneous group level control via dedicated 100 mm motorized faders. You, or your engineer can communicate with the talent by means of the Talkback section’s onboard mic or an external mic of your choice. X32’s scene management allows snapshots of high-level production mixes to be captured and recalled for future use (you can even save them to a USB stick). X32 even has a dedicated custom control section with user-definable knobs and buttons where you can create your own set of controls, making it easy to access frequently used functions “on-the-fly.”
Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK
Behringer teamed up with its sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters. The resulting design ensures superior common mode rejection (CMRR) and extremely low harmonic distortion (THD).
MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK helped in designing the X32's GUI (graphical user interface), a major advancement in digital mixing made easy, productive, and fun. They also drew on their extensive experience in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) coding for rock-solid, ultra-low latency digital channel patching—giving the X32 the capacity to handle up to 168 sources on 168 destinations, including the two AES50 ports.
Bus and rear panel flexibility
X32 provides extensive output connectivity including 16 balanced XLR outputs, six balanced Line I/O on 1/4" TRS connectors; dual Phones outputs; Main LCR (Left, Center, Right) buses; 16 mix buses (also configurable as subgroups) with Inserts, 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing; plus six independent Matrix Mixes with Inserts, also with 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing.
The rear panel also sports two AES50 ports, each with KLARK TEKNIK’s rock-solid SuperMAC 48-channel I/O networking capability (for addressing a total of 96 inputs and outputs). Stereo digital output and MIDI are also supported, as well as ultra-low jitter, ultra-low latency communication between the X32 and digital snakes, remote stage boxes and outboard recording devices. A convenient top panel USB port is available for recording an uncompressed two-channel “board mix” straight to any standard USB thumb drive or for playing background music.
- 32-channel total recall digital mixer with fully programmable mic preamps
- 16 mix buses, configurable as subgroups
- Main LCR and all 16 mix buses featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and dynamics processing
- 16 analog XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section
- 48-channel digital snake ready via AES50 ports
- Built-in expansion port for Firewire/USB/ADAT
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots for high-end simulations of famous outboard gear
- Ultra-high power 32-Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range, no internal overload and near-zero latency
- 6 mute groups and 8 DCA groups on 8 dedicated 100 mm motorized faders
- Super-easy user interface and dedicated channel strip section
- High-resolution 7" color TFT with associated controls and individual RGB backlit graphic LCD's in every channel
- USB flash connector providing file storage for uncompressed recordings plus show presets and system updates
- 6 independent matrix mix buses featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and dynamics processing
- Adjustable line delays available on all physical in and outputs
- Networked remote control or show setups with remote editor software via USB and Ethernet ports (included)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
If you’ve been thinking of trading in your analog console for a digital version, the X32 is an easy choice. Order today.