BBE SM500 500 Series Single-Channel Sonic MaximizerSku #J01865000000000 BBE J01865 YFW 500 Series Gear https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The BBE SM500 Sonic Maximizer is a modular single-channel signal processor designed to be used specifically with the API-style 500 rack made by many manufacturers today. It provides processing for a mono channel, brightening, clarifying, and adding fullness to the sound. Features include +23dBu headroom and a bypass switch for comparison of processed to unprocessed signals.
The SM500 uses the same processing engine as our celebrated 882i model, and the same process that has enhanced recordings for everyone from Ryan Hewitt (Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flogging Molly) to Ed Cherney (Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt) to Tony Visconti (T. Rex, David Bowie, Alejandro Escoveda).
Throughout the world, there’s barely a studio, sound engineer or record producer that doesn’t own some version of BBE’s Sonic Maximizer.
The SM500 is a single channel of BBE’s renowned Sonic Maximizer in the API 500-Type chassis.
· The SM500 features the same Sonic Maximizer engine that powers our 882i rack-mounted model
· It is a plug and play module that fits into any of the 500 racks currently available from API, Radial, Aphex, Daking, Chameleon Labs and others. These racks have their own power supply, and audio I/O, for the modules.
· The SM500 ships as a single module and can only be used when it’s plugged into one of the third-party racks mentioned above.
- Same processing as top-of-the-line BBE
- Convenient size
- Perfect for home studios
- Pro connectivity
Order today and give your mixes a sparkle that will charm the birds out of the trees.
SM500 500 Series Single-Channel Sonic Maximizer Specifications:
- A full-function, +4 Balanced BBE Sonic Maximizer
- Same Sonic Maximizer engine as the 882i
- Can be used with all types of music
- +23dB of output headroom
- 118dB signal to noise ratio
- 500-style Chassis Fits in Any 500 Rack
- 5 year warranty
- Frequency Response: 5Hz to 30kHz +/-0.5dBu, -10dBu input
- THD in process mode: less than 0.1% at -10dBu input, 20-20kHz
- Maximum Output: +23dB of output headroom
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms Balanced
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms Balanced
- Sensitivity: -45dBu for maximum process
- Maximum Process +12dBu boost at 5kHz
- Lo Contour: +12dBu boost at 50Hz
- All analog, through-hole circuit with only high-precision components used
- 1% metal film resistors throughout
- Authentic BBE proprietary, patented Sonic Maximizer Processor