Avalon V5 Microphone PreampProduct #H81436 Avalon H81436 YFM Channel Strips https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Next generation DI from Avalon.
The Avalon V5 DI-RE-MIC PREAMPLIFIER is an ultra-highperformance professional preamplifier, DI and RE-amper.Created for maximum versatility, the V5’s sonic signature -“Deep and Controlled Bass, Musical Mid-Range and enhancedVocal Projection” join a unique set of user features including -100% discrete Pure Class A amplification, Avalon’s musical“passive” TONE-BANK™, professional VU meter with dualpeak LED’s, multiple outputs including an instrument leveltransformer isolated Re-amp. Designed to optimize absolutesignal integrity and musical performance, the V5 is ideal forribbon, dynamic and condenser microphones, bass guitar,acoustic instruments, electric guitars, keyboards, electromusicsynthesizers and very low output passive pickups.The state-of-the-art DI input stage, provides a very-highimpedance “zero-load” effect on sensitive pickups andkeyboards, while maintaing massive input headroom to+36dB before overload.
Avalon DI-preamplifiers have been in use around the worldsince 1985. They have found their way into the world's leadingmusician’s rigs and recording sessions and have been featuredon thousands of the best selling (and sounding) albums, liveperformances and downloads. The V5 includes the best of theAvalon U5 DI functions with a studio quality preamplifier anda new “sonic addition”. Two alternate solid-state topologiesare cascaded, to provide a rich, low mid-range harmoniccontent not offered in other Avalon preamplifiers. This featureempowers the V5 with a new scale of sonic character.
MINIMUM SIGNAL PATH DESIGN
The V5 includes a very high quality input transformer withdual microphone input impedance loading for perfect mic/cablematching, high-cut switch for eliminating unwanted acousticpickup and high frequency noise, headphone monitor ampand DC coupled, 100% Class A output amplifiers for definedbass control. A buffered “thru” output for zero-instrument-loadtuners or power amplifier inputs. An internal toroidal powertransformer supplies fully discrete high-voltage regulators forlow noise operation and sealed silver relays optimize theminimal signal path design.
- Forward musical detail and sonic excellence
- Switched 2dB, high-gain preamplifier to +66dB
- High quality transformer input & isolated output
- 100% discrete, high-voltage, Pure Class A
- Dual microphone impedance selection
- Hi-Z 10,000,000 Ω zero-load Instrument-DI input
- Very low noise on all inputs -100dB
- High output headroom to +30dB
- RE-preamplifier with line, DI or microphone inputs
- Ten “passive” TONE-BANK”™ selections
- Polarity (phase) reverse on all input-outputs
- DC coupled Class A outputs for superior bass
- High cut switch (low pass filter) eliminates hiss
- LED active & peak signal indicato
- rHeadphone monitor output jack
- Low distortion - less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- Professional wide range VU meter -30dB~ +18dB
- Buffered DI output & ground isolation switch
- 100% discrete power supplies for audio path
- Internal toroidal power supply for low noise
Order today and get clean, pristine input for any imaginable sound source.
V5 Microphone Preamp Specifications:
- Audio circuit topology: 100% discrete, high-voltage, Class A
- Gain: Switched 2dB steps, -/+ 0.15dB
- Input modes (4): Line, Instrument-DI, Microphone high-Z & low-
- ZLINE (transformer): Balanced 6,000 Ω, XLR~TRS, gain -3dB ~ 36dB, max. input 47dB
- INSTRUMENT ~ DI: Unbalanced 10,000,000 Ω, TRS, gain 2dB ~ 42dB, max. input 36dB
- MICROPHONE HiZ (transformer): Balanced 6,700 Ω, XLR, gain 20dB ~ 60dB, max. input 23dB
- MICROPHONE LoZ (transformer): Balanced 1,760 Ω, XLR, gain 26dB ~ 66dB, max. input 19dB
- PAD (passive input attenuator): Line -13dB, Instrument -10dB & Microphone -15dB
- Phantom power: 48V regulated @10mA, blue=power ON, red=phantom ON
- Thru output: Unbalanced, impedance buffered TRS
- Maximum line output level: +30dB DC coupled, balanced 600 Ω, XLR~TRS
- Maximum isolated output level: +12dB transformer balanced high Z output, TRS
- Headphone output: 0.5w into 600 Ω, TRS
- Noise 20kHz unweighted: 100dBu minimum gain position
- Noise (EIN) 22Hz-22kHz: --128dB @ 40dB gain (low Z microphone input)Distortion THD, IMD: 0.05% at +10dB output
- Frequency response, -/+0.5dB: 5Hz to 50kHz
- Frequency response, -3dB: 2Hz to 500kHz (input band limited)
- VU meter: Professional moving coil VU, wide range -33dB ~ +18dB
- Signal LEDs: Peak capture, blue=0dB, red=+20dB
- High cut filter: -3dB at 4kHz passive-minimum phase design
- Polarity reverse (phase): All outputs relay switched (including isolated output)
- Tone shape: Ten “passive” voices for improved clarity, problem solving and musical enhancement.
- AC power: Internal toroidal AC supply, dual voltage, 115v or 230v selectable 50/60Hz, 35w max.
- Dimensions: 8.5” X 3.5” X 12”
- Weight (packed): 12lb