Stylish and innovative.
The Audix VX5 is a hand-held vocal condenser microphone designed to handle a wide variety of live, studio and broadcast applications.
With a smooth frequency response of 40Hz - 16.5kHz (plus or minus 3 dB), the VX5 microphone features a 14mm gold vapor diaphragm, a supercardioid polar pattern, a -10dB pad, a bass roll-off filter, an acoustically ported steel mesh grill screen, and a rugged die cast zinc body.
The VX5 will handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140dB (in the pad and roll-off position) without distortion and will additionally provide over 20 dB of ambient noise rejection for feedback control on live stages.
The Audix VX5 operates on phantom power of 9-52 volts and will achieve optimum results when used with a high quality mic preamp. In addition to vocal applications, the VX5 mic is ideally suited to capture acoustic instruments such as
guitar, woodwinds, brass, percussion toys, and drum overheads and hi-hat.
- Extremely smooth and accurate response
- Perfectly balanced for handheld use
- -10 dB pad and bass roll-off
- Handles high sound pressure levels
- Excellent gain before feedback
- Low handling noise
- Pop resistant grill
- Supplied Accessories: gMC1 - High quality nylon mic clip adjustable through 180 degrees with a standard 5/8 inch ”27 thread. (Note: metal adapter also supplied to accommodate European standard threads).
VX5 Handheld Supercardioid Condenser Microphone Specifications:
- Transducer Type: Electret Condenser
Frequency Response 40 Hz-16.5 kHz ±3 dB
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
Open Circuit Sensitivity: 6.9 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
Equivalent Noise Level: 26 dB (A weighted)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB
(ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
Off axis rejection: >20 dB
Maximum SPL: >140 dB (w/-10 pad)
Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold platedmale
Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
Housing: Die cast zinc
Weight: 8 oz / 227 grams
Finish: Black E-coat