Audio-Technica U853A Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone(black) Sku #270494000001000 Audio-Technica 270494 YEC Specialty Microphones https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording.
Maintaining the Audio-Technica tradition of clear and transparent sound quality, the U853A condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theater, orchestra and vocal choir sound reinforcement and recording. The microphone's fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact—rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853A accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine cardioid polar patterns. The battery- or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90 degrees to 360 degrees
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colors: black (U853A) and white (U853AW)
- Operates on battery or phantom power
An overhead mic that makes your sound the star. Order today.
U853A Cardioid Condenser Hanging Microphone Specifications:
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF : 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: Phantom: —42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa, Battery: —43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: Phantom: 200 ohms, Battery: 270 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: Phantom: 133 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D., Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL): Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL, Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- BATTERY TYPE: 1.5V AA/UM3
- BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- SWITCH: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- WEIGHT (microphone): 0.5 oz (14g)
- WEIGHT (power module) : 4.9 oz (14g)
- DIMENSION (microphone): 1.34" (34.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) diameter
- DIMENSION (power module): 3.31" (84.0 mm) H x 2.48" (63.0 mm) W x 0.87" (22.0 mm) D
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR (power module): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- CABLE: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8531 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter; battery
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: M12