Ashly Audio GQX-3102 Dual 31-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Designed for extremely quiet operation in demanding applications.
The Ashly GQX-3102 is a graphic equalizer that features two channels of 31-band 1/3-octave EQ, a tunable high-pass filter circuit (8Hz to 200Hz), a switch-selectable cut or boost of either 6dB or 15dB. The full-throw faders are a custom-manufactured metal-shaft type, with the center detented position utilized as an "on/off" switch for that filter (to minimize any possible degradation in signal noise levels). and 10-segment, two color LED meter displays, referencing 0 VU to +4dBu.
The GQX models are designed to be significantly quiet without the need for noise reduction to be built into the equalizer circuit. Double-sided circuit boards with ground plane design are used in the filter sections for improved RFI and electrostatic immunity. Precision Wein-Bridge filters and carefully designed summing amplifiers combine to provide extremely accurate response, low noise, negligible distortion, and complete immunity to magnetic fields. All filters exhibit true constant "Q" response with no broadening near the "flat" setting. High slew-rate circuitry throughout the signal path results in clean, quiet, transparent sound. The faders used are a custom-manufactured metal-shaft type, with molded saddle knobs, for the ultimate in reliability and smooth "feel". Ashly's unique "T-Beam" front panel construction eliminates interconnections between the faders and the filters, resulting in a very rugged and rigid front panel. GQX EQ's are covered by a Five Year Worry-Free Warranty.
Input and output connections include barrier strip terminals and 1/4" TRS phone jacks, as well as standard locking XLR's. Circuit ground may be lifted from chassis ground via the barrier strip. Ashly's servo-balanced output circuitry maintains unity gain even if pins 2 or 3 are connected directly to ground. The power supply is a universal switching power supply which operates from 90 - 240VAC, 50/60Hz with the power switch located on the rear panel.
Applications: monitor systems; front of house sound systems; installations requiring fixed EQ; recording/broadcast studios; DJ systems
- Detented Metal-Shaft Fader
- Precision Wein-bridge Filters for Accurate Response and Low Distortion
- Constant "Q" Design with Low Ripple and Accurate Response Near the "Flat" Setting
- Selectable 15dB or 6dB range
- Switchable-Tunable Low-Cut Filter
- 10 Position, 2 Color LED Level Meter plus Peak LED Indicators
- Balanced XLR, 1/4", and Barrier Strip Inputs
- Servo-Balanced XLR, 1/4", and Barrier Strip Outputs
- Rider Friendly
- 5-Year Worry-Free Warranty
GQX-3102 Dual 31-Band Graphic Equalizer Specifications:
- Type: Active Balanced
- Impedance: 20k ohm
- Max. Level: +22dBu
- Type: Servo-Balanced
- Min. Load Impedance: 600 ohm:
- Max. Level: +22dBu
- Frequency Response ±.25dB 20Hz-20kHz:
- IM Distortion (SMPTE): <0.01% @ +20dBu
- THD (20Hz-20kHz): <0.01% @ +20dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise (20Hz-20kHz):- 92dBu
- Type: Constant Q/Wein-Bridge
- Number: 2 X 31
- Bandwidth: 1/3 Octave ISO Center
- Tolerance: ±3%
- Range: ±6 or 15dB
- Subsonic Filter: 18dB/Octave @ 8-200Hz
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 50-60Hz, 17W
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs
- Dimensions: 19"L x 5.25"H x 6"D
- I/O Connectors: XLR, 1/4", and Barrier Strip
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Professional Functions
- Home Studio
Comments about Ashly Audio GQX-3102 Dual 31-Band Graphic Equalizer:
Sounds great and built like a tank. I bought this when I realized my DBX 231 was robbing a little soundstage from my system. Glad to say this one delivers only the benefits and takes nothing away.