Ashly Audio CLX-52 2-Channel Peak Compressor/Limiter
Compressors & Limiters
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Low noise, smooth sound, and excellent stereo tracking.
The Ashly CLX-52 is a 2-channel compressor/limiter that uses an "infinite soft-knee" characteristic and timing based on compression ratio. This, combined with a dual release time, allows program density to increase as the input signal increases. The result is a peak controller with very low noise, smooth sound, and excellent stereo tracking, and without the usual "constricted" limiter sound. The CLX-52 has many ways to deal with any gain structure. The mechanical design is ready for years of rugged service and is backed by Ashly's exclusive Five Year Worry-Free Warranty. The CLX-52 is extremely useful for such diverse applications as loudspeaker protection, vocal level control, broadcast limiting, musical instrument sustain, special effects, and CD to cassette transfers.
- Extremely low noise and distortion
- Dual release time for minimum "pumping"
- Detector Patch Point
- Wide-range control of all parameters
- Powerful peak control with minimum audible side effects
- Both XLR and 1/4" input and output connectors
- Balanced Inputs and Outputs
- Five Year Warranty
CLX-52 2-Channel Peak Compressor/Limiter Specifications:
- Gain: ≤15dB
- Threshold: -40dBu - +22dBu
- Ratio: 2:1 - infinite
- Attack Time: 200uSec - 20mSec
- Release Time: .1Sec - 3Sec
- Output: -40dBu - +20dBu
- Stereo Tie Switch: Yes
- Defeat Switch: Yes
- Detector Patch Point: Allows side-chain connection of equalizer for frequency selective operation
- Input Impedance: 20kohms, balanced bridging
- Output Impedance: 200ohms quasi-balanced (terminate with >600ohms)
- Frequency Response:± .2dB 20Hz-20kHz
- Distortion:<.01%, +15dBu, 1kHz; <.15%, +15dBu, 20Hz-20kHz
- Hum And Noise: -96dBu, unity gain
- Power Requirements: 93VAC-120VAC, 50-60Hz, 5W
- Dimensions: 19"W x 1.75"H x 6"D
- Weight: 8lb.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Ashly Audio CLX-52 2-Channel Peak Compressor/Limiter:
i bought the ashly clx-52 for my new bass rig because i was looking for something a step up from the alesis 3630 that i had in my last rig, and with confidence in the ashly name, since i used one of their old sc-40 preamps for years and loved it. boy was i wrong! while the clx-52 does have the excellent build quality and features i expected from ashly, the sound of the unit is downright awful. it's so dirty when it's working that it sounds like a fuzz box. after 30 years playing, i know how to adjust levels so as not to overload the input stage - that's not the problem here. maybe this thing could be used for a drumkit or something, but it's not getting anywhere my bass tone ever again. beware!