Restock ART Tube MP/C Single Channel Microphone/Instrument Tube Preamp
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Combination preamp and compressor right at home on your studio desk.
The Tube MP/C (Preamplifier/Compressor) from ART is an ideal combination-recording tool, with a tube-based analog preamplifier and a VCA-less compressor with optical gain reduction, housed in a convenient desktop chassis. Used as a mic/line preamp or as a DI (direct) box, the Tube MP/C is designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, or electronic instrument setup. ART's Tube MP/C circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing advanced, solid-state and tube technology.
The preamplifier's active balanced solid state input provides extremely low noise and excellent common mode rejection. The 1/4" high impedance input prevents loading of any connected device making the Tube MP/C perfect for DI or line level applications. The preamplifier's second stage 12AX7a tube runs on a regulated DC voltage providing an additional 20dB of gain.
The compression circuit features a VCA-less design and utilizes optical electronics (Vactrol) coupled with a 12AX7a vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance.
- Tube-based mic/line preamplifier with up to 80dB of gain
- Hand-selected 12AX7a tube
- Optical (VCA-less) compressor circuitry = transparent dynamics control
- 1/4" unbalanced inputs and outputs
- XLR balanced inputs and outputs
- Transformer isolated XLR output
- Selectable output range for Line/Instrument interface levels
- LED meters for Tube Warmth, Gain Reduction and Output level
- +48V phantom power
- Phase reversal switch
- Selectable release time settings
- > 90dB dynamic range
Order this multi-purpose recording tool today.
Tube MP/C Single Channel Microphone/Instrument Tube Preamp Specifications:
- CMMR: > 60dB @ max gain
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128dBu typical ("A" wtd., Shorted XLR balanced input, gain @ max)
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 60 kHz +/- 1dB balanced output, 20Hz - 60kHz +/- 1dB 1/4" output
- Input Impedance: 1mOhms 1/4" input, 5kOhms XLR input
- Input/Output Connections
- Input: XLR balanced or 1/4" balanced.
- Output: 1/4" unbalanced XLR balanced, transformer isolated.
- Maximum Gain: +80dB (balanced in-out, +64dB (unbalanced input, balanced output)
- Maximum Input Level: unbalanced (Inst): +15dBu, balancd (mic): +10dBu
- Maximum Output Levelâ: +19dBu (Line mode)
- Output Impedance: XLR: <600 Ohms, 1/4": <300 Ohms
- Low Cut Filter: -3 dB @ 70 Hz, 6dB/Octave
- Phantom Power: Switch selectable, +48Volts DC, filtered, current limited
- Chassis Type: All aluminum black anodized with integral rubber sides
- Power Requirements: 9VAC @ 1000mA (external)
- Attack Time: <1 ms (limit), 20 ms (comp.)
- Release Time: 150ms (fast), 20ms - 3s Program dependant (Auto)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.1% @ max gain
- Tube Type: Hand selected 12AX7a
- Compressor Slope: 2:1 (Comp.) / 11:1 (Limit)
- Dimensions: 1.75"H x 5.9" W x 6.5"D (44.5mm x 150mm x 165mm)
- Weight: 2.9 lb. (1.32kg)
- Notes: 0dBu = 0.775Vrms
- Weight includes power supply and packaging