ART S8 8-Channel Balanced Mic Splitter
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
The ART S8 can be used to split eight balanced low impedance microphone signals into sixteen (eight pairs). Each channel of the S8 Microphone Splitter provides one direct output and one transformer isolated output from a single microphone, making it the ideal signal splitting solution for dividing mic signals for separate Front-of-House monitor mixes, or for remote recording applications. The direct outputs pass phantom power from the main mixer to the microphones for use with condenser microphones. The S8 includes a ground-lift switch on each isolated output to reduce hum due to ground loops between connected AC-powered units. For versatility the S8 mic splitter also features an attenuator pad switch on each input that can be used to connect preamplified signals to the two microphone-level outputs on each channel. Typical preamplified signals would originate from instrument preamplifiers, mixers, keyboards, etc.
With such an extensive history of making audio processors, ART has consistently set new industry standards and watched competitors follow their innovation and the ART S8 Microphone Splitter is no exception. ART continues to set the bar for high-quality audio products at a reasonable cost to audio enthusiasts of all types.
- Dimensions: 5.25"H x 19 "W x 8"D (133mm x 483mm x 203mm)
- Weight: 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- 20 Hz to 20K Hz,Â±0.25 dB @ -15 dBu
- 3 dB at approximately 165K Hz
- 0.002% Typical at 1K Hz,â15 dBu input
- Less than 10 degrees at 20K Hz (ref. 1K Hz)
- Greater than 1.1K Ohms at 1K Hz
- Output Impedance (Typical driving source impedance is 150 Ohms):
- =105 dB @ 60 Hz
- =Greater than 80 dB @ 3K Hz
- Voltage Insertion Loss: Approximately 2 dB at 1K Hz