ART ProMPA II - 2-Channel Tube Mic Preamp
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An affordable high-performance, 2-channel microphone preamp.
The new ART ProMPA II is the next generation in affordable high performance microphone preamp technology. Each microphone input circuit, with selectable 48v phantom power, features variable input impedance which can radically vary the overall performance of any high quality dynamic or ribbon microphone. The ProMPA II can be configured for dual mono or stereo operation with selectable mid/side mic support, summing the adjacent channel, to decode left/right signals.
The ProMPA II can operate at either a low or high plate voltage on the two integrated hand-selected 12AX7 tubes for wider variation of preamp tone and performance. Large back-lit analog VU output meters display input or output levels while multi-colored LED arrays, with average or peak hold, show tube gain.
Housed in a standard 2 rack unit space rack-mountable steel chassis, with CNC routed black anodized aluminum face panel, the ProMPA II is designed to deliver years of reliable operation in the studio, production facility, or on the road for live sound reinforcement.
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 Ohms To 2400 Ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection
ProMPA II - 2-Channel Tube Mic Preamp Specifications:
- Frequency Response 15Hz to 48 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ normal plate voltage
15Hz to 120 kHz (+0, -1dB) @ high plate voltage
Dynamic range: >110dB ("A" weighted)
THD: <0.005% (typical)
Equivalent Input Noise: -129dBu (XLR, "A" weighted)
Maximum Input Level: +19dBu (cannon)
Maximum Instrument Input: +17dBu
Input Impedance: 150-3000 Ohms adjustable (XLR)
>800K Ohms (Instrument)
Maximum Output Level: +27dBu (XLR)
Output Impedance: < 47 Ohms (XLR)
Maximum Gain: 75dB
Meter Calibration: 0 VU = +4dBu output (+4dB mode)
0 VU = -10dBV output (-10dB mode)
High Pass Filter: single pole, 10-200 Hz adjustable
Power Requirements: USA - 105 to 125 VAC / 60 Hz Export units configured for country of destination
Dimensions: (H x W x D in) 3.50 x 19.0 x 8.75
Dimensions: (H x W x D mm) 88 x 482 x 222
Weight: (lb/kg) 10.5 / 4.7