Apple Mac Pro 2.4GHz 12-Core Intel Xenon 12GB SDRAM 1TB HDD (MD771LL/A)Product #H86469 Apple H86469 YPDA Desktop Mac Computers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
When absolute power and performance is a must, this next-generation desktop is the right choice.
If speed is what you’re after, then the Mac Pro desktop lineup from Apple is what you need. These workhorses are designed to handle the heaviest of loads, and are an ideal installation in any professional environment that demands extreme precision and horsepower. With up to 12 cores of processing muscle, ultra-fast drive options with room to grow, high-performance graphics, and easy expansion options, this next-generation Mac Pro desktop (MD771LL/A) with its 2.4GHz 12-Core Intel Xenon processor, 12GB of memory, and 1TB hard drive, will do all of your heavy lifting and then some.
Accelerated architecture. Choose your cores: 4, 6, or 12.
The Mac Pro offers two advanced processor options from Intel. The Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor is available in a single-processor, quad-core configuration at 3.2GHz. For even greater speed and power, choose a 6-Core Intel Xeon processor. Since the Mac Pro comes with either one or two processors, you can have a 6-core Mac Pro at up to 3.33GHz, or, to max out your performance, a 12-core system at up to 3.06GHz.
The single-die advantage.
Many multicore processors are composed of two separate dies, which means some cached data has to travel outside the processor to get from core to core. That’s an inefficient way to access information. Enter the Quad-Core and 6-Core Intel Xeon processors. Their single-die, 64-bit architecture makes 8MB or 12MB of fully shared L3 cache readily available to each of the processor cores. The result is fast access to cache data and greater application performance. Combine that with the other technological advances and you get a Mac Pro that’s up to 1.5x faster than the previous generation.
Fast memory. And lots of it.
System memory is often connected to a processor through a separate I/O controller. But Intel Xeon processors feature an integrated memory controller. By connecting memory directly to the processor, the Mac Pro processors have faster access to data stored in memory, and memory latency is reduced.
The integrated memory controller, along with fast DDR3 ECC SDRAM at either 1066MHz or 1333MHz, gives the Mac Pro an increase in memory bandwidth over previous generations. More bandwidth allows for more data to be fed to the processor faster, helping each core spend its time processing data, not waiting for information to arrive. And Error Correction Code (ECC) corrects single-bit errors and detects multiple-bit errors automatically. That’s especially important in mission-critical and compute-intensive environments.
Power when (and where) you need it.
The Mac Pro features Turbo Boost, a dynamic performance technology that automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload. If you’re using an application that doesn’t need every core, Turbo Boost increases the speed of the active ones, up to 3.33GHz on a 12-core Mac Pro, and up to 3.6GHz on a 6-core system.
Up to 24 virtual cores.
The Intel Xeon processors support Hyper-Threading, which allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. So, for example, a 12-core Mac Pro presents 24 virtual cores that are recognized by OS X. Performance is enhanced because Hyper-Threading enables the processor to take better advantage of the execution resources available in each core.
Path of least resistance.
A bidirectional, point-to-point connection — called QuickPath Interconnect — gives the Intel Xeon processors quick access to the disk, I/O, and other Mac Pro subsystems. In dual-processor Mac Pro models, there’s a QuickPath Interconnect between the two processors as well. This connection acts as a direct pipeline, so processor-to-processor data doesn’t need to travel to the I/O hub first. It’s another way the Mac Pro boosts performance across the board.
The Mac Pro meets the stringent low power requirements set by the EPA, giving it ENERGY STAR qualification. ENERGY STAR 5.0 sets significantly higher efficiency limits for power supplies and aggressive limits for the computer’s typical annual power consumption.
Fast, powerful graphics comes with the territory.
High-performance graphics cards from AMD make Mac Pro graphics technology up to 5 times faster than ever before. Perfect for motion graphics, 3D modeling, rendering, or animation, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory comes standard. It not only provides faster performance compared to previous Mac Pro standard graphics cards — it’s also faster than the top-of-the-line graphics cards in the previous generation.
Give your graphics a turbo boost.
For even more graphics horsepower, upgrade to the ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory. An ideal choice for the most demanding applications, this card features a wider memory bus and higher-performance GPU, resulting in up to 70 percent faster performance compared with the ATI Radeon HD 5770.
Don’t keep those pixels waiting.
The foundation of the Mac Pro graphics architecture is the latest generation of GPUs connected to the system via a fast and wide PCI Express 2.0 16-lane bus. Couple that with Core Animation, Core Image, and Core Video technologies in OS X. The result is a graphics platform that allows applications to seamlessly tap into a teraflop of graphics power.
Graphics on display.
Every Mac Pro graphics card features three display ports for maximum workspace flexibility. Two Mini DisplayPort outputs connect to a pair of Apple LED Cinema Displays with ease. And a dual-link DVI port connects a 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display or other DVI display. And with support for two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards in the Mac Pro, you can connect more displays — up to six total.
The Mac Pro comes with four 3.5-inch drive bays for an enormous amount of internal storage — up to 8TB when you install four 2TB Serial ATA 3Gb/s drives. Each bay provides its own independent 3Gb/s channel for fast access to data. And thanks to the cable-free, direct-attach installation system; adding (or replacing) hard drives is a surprisingly simple process.
Choose solid-state for ultimate performance.
Mac Pro also gives you the option to add up to four 512GB solid-state drives — or any combination of solid-state and hard drives. Solid-state drives have no moving parts and are capable of accessing data at speeds up to 266MB per second, which is up to twice the speed of hard drives. The result? Incredible performance on a range of data-intensive tasks, including up to 2.5x faster video encoding using solid-state drives compared with hard drives.
Double-layer burner times two.
Sure it’s great to have one 18x SuperDrive at your disposal, but think how much more productive you could be if you add a second optional SuperDrive. Imagine backing up your data to two double-layer DVDs at once. Or burning Aperture projects to one DVD, while importing music from a CD into your iTunes library. With two optical drive bays in every system, the Mac Pro lets you do exactly that.
What makes OS X a powerful operating system is the technology behind it: a fully certified UNIX foundation. With a rock-solid UNIX infrastructure, it’s one of the most secure and stable operating systems on any platform. Developers will appreciate OS X even more because it’s fully UNIX compliant. That means it compiles and runs all your existing UNIX code, so you can deploy it in environments that demand full conformance. The result: Software performs exactly as it’s meant to. And because the powerful tools built into OS X improve application performance on multicore processors, the Mac Pro is the ideal workstation.
OS X is to the Mac Pro what a skilled driver is to a car with a powerful engine — a perfect match. Since the Mac Pro runs OS X in 64-bit mode, you can take full advantage of the 64-bit architecture of the Intel Xeon processors inside your Mac Pro. Add to that the 32GB of memory available for the Mac Pro, and OS X performance is even better than before. OS X also enables developers to build complete 64-bit applications using the Cocoa, Quartz, OpenGL, and X11 GUI frameworks. And because OS X supports 64-bit and 32-bit applications, you don’t need a new set of devices or drivers.
At the heart of the Mac Pro are one quad-core or one or two 6-core Intel Xeon processors with an incredible amount of processing power. Optimized for multicore technology, OS X provides powerful tools that make it easy to reap the benefits of the Mac Pro. The scheduler in OS X, for instance, is very efficient at allocating tasks across multiple cores and processors. So OS X spends less time managing tasks and more time performing computations. As a developer, you can build applications that execute with the same efficiency, thanks to NSOperation, a breakthrough API that optimizes applications for multicore processing.
From the cascading windows of Time Machine to the smooth animation of the reflective 3D Dock, stunning visual effects truly set OS X apart. Behind all that beauty is a technology built into OS X called Core Animation. The performance of Core Animation benefits from the multicore processors and advanced graphics hardware in the Mac Pro. For developers, Core Animation easily opens up the power of Apple’s graphics technologies. You can create animated user interfaces and visualizations that simultaneously layer different media types, such as text, 2D graphics, OpenGL rendering, and QuickTime video, all in real time.
Xcode developer tools.
Xcode is the graphical development environment that comes with every Mac. It’s the same software used by Apple to produce OS X, and it’s packed with tools and features, including a powerful graphical debugger, a code editor supporting dozens of languages, and the amazing Instruments tool to visualize your application’s performance. Xcode is optimized to take advantage of the multicore Intel Xeon processors and system memory in the Mac Pro. It works fast, supports multiple languages (both computer and human), and offers developers everything they need to make stunning OS X applications.
Voilà. Instant server.
The multitalented Mac Pro can also act as a powerful small-workgroup server. Choose a server edition Mac Pro with OS X Lion Server already installed. Or buy OS X Lion Server from the Mac App Store and add it to your Mac Pro. The resulting solution combines Mac ease of use with flexible configuration options and server-class hardware. With multicore Intel Xeon processing power, up to 32GB of ECC memory, and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, a Mac Pro workgroup server has everything you need — and then some.
- Mac Pro, 2.4GHz 12-core Intel Xenon processor, 12GB memory, 1TB hard drive, ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5
- Incredibly easy expansion possibilities with side panel access and slide out trays
- Four 3.5-inch cable-free, drive bays for easy addition of internal storage
- Easily accessible front panel I/O
- Tons of connection options, 4 x Firewire 800, 5 x USB 2.0, optical audio I/O, and more
- Turbo Boost, automatically boosts the processor clock speed based on workload
- High-performance graphics cards from AMD, 5 times faster than ever before
- Graphics card features three display ports for maximum workspace flexibility
- Dual 18x optical SuperDrives, for double the performance
- Easily change out PCI cards without any tools
- High-performance OS X 64-bit operating system, ready for multicore multitasking
High-end professional applications demand this type of power. Order today.
Mac Pro 2.4GHz 12-Core Intel Xenon 12GB SDRAM 1TB HDD (MD771LL/A) Specifications:
- 12-core (standard configuration)
- Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors
- 12MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor
- Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 2.67GHz
- Hyper-Threading technology for up to 24 virtual cores
- Quad-core (standard configuration)
- One 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon W3565 processor
- 8MB of fully shared L3 cache per processor
- Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz
- Hyper-Threading technology for up to 8 virtual cores
- Advanced Intel microarchitecture
- Integrated memory controller
- 128-bit SSE4 SIMD engine
- 64-bit data paths and registers
- Optimized for energy efficiency
- Graphics and displays
- Double-wide, 16-lane PCI Express 2.0 graphics slot with one of the following graphics cards installed:
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, PCI Express 2.0, two Mini DisplayPort outputs, and one dual-link DVI port
- Option to install two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards
- Support for up to six displays
- Support for digital resolutions up to 2560 by 1600 pixels
- Support for analog resolutions up to 2048 by 1536 pixels
- Video adapters available for:
- Additional DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
- Additional dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (optional)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter or DVI to VGA Display Adapter (optional)
- Dual-processor systems
- 2.4GHz, 2.66GHz, and 3.06GHz systems: 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM
- Eight memory slots (four per processor) supporting up to 64GB of main memory using 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB DIMMs
- Single-processor systems
- 3.2GHz system: 1066MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM
- 3.33GHz system: 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM
- Four memory slots supporting up to 32GB of main memory using 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB DIMMs
- Four 3.5-inch cable-free, direct-attach drive bays with built-in independent 3Gb/s Serial ATA channels; four internal drive carriers included
- Up to 8TB of internal storage in bays 1 through 4 using hard drives or solid-state drives in the following capacities:
- 1TB or 2TB hard drives, Serial ATA 3Gb/s, 7200 rpm, 32MB cache
- 512GB solid-state drive, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
- 18x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R and DVD-R discs at up to 18x speed
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 18x speed
- Writes CD-R and CD-RW discs at up to 32x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 32x speed
- One open optical drive bay for optional second SuperDrive
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) wireless technology
- Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45) interfaces with support for jumbo frames
- Connections and audio
- Four FireWire 800 ports (two on front panel, two on back panel)
- Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
- Two USB 2.0 ports on included keyboard
- Front-panel headphone minijack and internal speaker
- Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
- Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks
- Multichannel audio through Mini DisplayPort
- Electrical and operating requirements
- Line voltage: 100-120V AC or 200-240V AC (wide-range power supply input voltage)
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz single phase
- Current: Maximum of 12A (low-voltage range) or 5A (high-voltage range)
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- PCI Express expansion
- Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots
- One PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot
- Two PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots
- All slots provide mechanical support for 16-lane cards
- 300W combined maximum for all PCI Express slots
- Included software
- Quad-core and 12-core:
- OS X Lion
- Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- OS X Lion Server
- Includes Server App, Profile Manager, Wiki Server, iCal Server, Mail Server, Xsan, the Mac App Store, Safari, Time Machine, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- Quad-core, 12-core, and Server:
- iLife ’11
- Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
- Size and weight
- Height: 20.1 inches (51.1 cm)
- Width: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
- Depth: 18.7 inches (47.5 cm)
- 12-core 41.2 pounds (18.7 kg)
- Quad-core 39.9 pounds (18.1 kg)
- In the box
- Quad-core and 12-core:
- Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- Magic Mouse
- USB keyboard extension cable
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Mac Pro
- Power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation