Apogee Quartet for iPad & Mac Audio InterfaceProduct #H95739 Apogee H95739 YBK Audio Interfaces https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Professional multi-channel audio interface for iPad & Mac.
Apogee Quartet is a professional USB audio interface designed to deliver the ultimate mobile and desktop recording experience to iOS and Mac. Featuring 4 inputs and 8 outputs of Apogee’s industry-leading AD/DA conversion technology as well as 4 world-class mic preamps, Quartet bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and the Apogee’s flagship interface, Symphony I/O.
Quartet for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use along with low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. Quartet's MIDI I/O connector lets you connect and power a Core MID compatible keyboard/controller while using Duet with your iPad or iOS device.
MUSIC CREATION ON iPad
Pad puts you in touch with your creativity
Interacting with iPad to make music is like playing an instrument. In fact, some apps like Apple’s GarageBand turn your iPad into a guitar or virtual instrument. Whether you are moving faders on a mixer, adjusting software parameters, or editing a waveform, iPad’s multi-touch interface is a more hands on environment and superior to mouse clicks or track pad swipes.
There’s a music app for everything
There are hundreds of music apps for iOS and iPad. With multi-track recording DAWs like GarageBand and Auria, synths and drum machines like Animoog and DM1, utilities and guitar effects like Audiobus and JamUp Pro, the music creation offering for iPad is vast and varied. And most apps are more affordable than their Mac based counterparts.
Setting up your studio has never been easier
iPad makes everything easier with a simplified user interface and plug and play connectivity for accessories like Apogee audio interfaces. You’ll be amazed by how simple it is to set up your studio.
Share your music
Sharing functionality is built-in to most apps, making it easier then ever to move files and collaborate on different devices including iPad to Mac.
Direct digital connection to iPad
Apogee ONE, Duet and Quartet for iPad and Mac feature special circuitry that makes a direct digital connection to iPad and iOS devices* and is certified by Apple’s MFi (Made for iOS) program.
*Connection to iOS devices with a Lightning port requires the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
DC power charges iPad
In audio, adequate power is essential for excellent sound quality. With a direct digital connection and an external power source Quartet is able to charge your iPad while you record so your work will not be interrupted.
A difference you will hear
From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters and the clocking, Quartet is best-in-class and cutting-edge Apogee technology. With components carefully selected in critical listening tests and a highly efficient circuit design, Quartet makes a difference you can hear.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
Quartet’s mic preamps feature the latest components and offer seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level, either with the controller knob or from within software, while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Quartet’s mic pres are suitable for all dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones, allowing you to capture any sound without compromise.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Much like the mic preamps, Quartet’s AD/DA converters are designed to deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. Quartet’s efficient circuitry and state-of-the-art components provide a simplified signal path resulting in incredibly transparent recordings.
Soft Limit for protection from digital overs
An Apogee technology first introduced in 1992 on Apogee’s AD-500 converter, Soft Limit can be heard on countless platinum selling records around the world. Once a technology exclusively reserved for Apogee’s most advanced audio converters, Soft Limit is included in Quartet and can be enabled in Apogee Maestro software.
This superior analog design prevents the digital clipping that causes distortion by instantaneously rounding off transient peaks before they hit the analog-to-digital converter. Soft Limit allows several more decibels of apparent level to be recorded while subtly providing an analog-like warmth to the sound.
Looks as good as it sounds
Built with die-cast aluminum, steel and a scratch-resistant display panel hardened by UV processing, Quartet is solid, compact and perfectly integrated into the desktop studio environment. You’ll love how it looks and feels in your studio and next to your Mac.
See your I/O in detail
Dual, high-resolution displays show all input and output details. Quartet features twice the display you came to love with Duet 2. Two high resolution OLEDs deliver all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring. Without looking at your computer, Quartet lets you see metering, levels, grouping and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit for all inputs and outputs.
Quick select for I/O control
Quartet makes it easy to access all-important recording and monitoring functions. Simply tap a QuickTouch pad on Quartet’s top panel to select an input or output and easily adjust your level with the controller knob. All input and output touchpads feature an LED highlight ring. The highlight ring of the active touchpad is brighter so you can see at a glance which input or output is selected.
Three additional configurable touchpads (labeled A, B, C) allow you to quickly access output functions such as “Mute Outputs”, “Dim Outputs”, “Sum to Mono”, “Clear Meters” or “Engage Speaker Set” selection. Each function can be assigned to a touchpad using a drop-down menu within Apogee’s Maestro 2 application.
The A, B, C, selectors above the controller knob can be configured to switch between up to 3 pairs of speakers allowing you to use Quartet just like a standard monitor controller. Simply connect 1, 2 or 3 pairs of studio monitors and tap to select which pair you would like to listen to.
Dial it in
Quickly adjust input gain and output level with Quartet’s control knob. Apogee’s Duet started an audio interface revolution with its single controller knob design. Quartet continues this tradition. A single machined aluminum knob completes Quartet’s control center. With a tap to the touchpad you can select the desired input or output and precisely dial in your level.
INPUTS and OUTPUTS
Quartet is equipped with 4 combination input connectors (XLR and 1/4”) for connecting microphones, guitars and keyboards or your favorite external mic preamps, compressors and EQs.
Quartet also includes 8 channels of digital input via 2 optical connections (ADAT/SMUX) for connecting an additional analog-to-digital converter such as Apogee’s Ensemble.
Quartet’s 6 balanced 1/4” TRS outputs offer an impressive range of possibilities. Listen and compare stereo mixes on up to three sets of speakers. Mix your audio or Final Cut video project in 5.1 surround. You can also take Quartet on the road and use all three stereo sets on stage, sending signal to the performer, monitor mixer and front-of-house. Quartet also features a studio-quality 1/4” headphone output allowing you to independently adjust your headphone level separate from the main outputs.
Quartet provides Word Clock OUT for synching an external A/D converter to Apogee’s superior clocking technology.
Quartet provides a single USB MIDI connection for your CoreMIDI compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller. This leaves an extra USB port available on your Mac for external hard-drives and other devices, eliminating the need for an external MIDI interface.
USB 2.0 High-speed
Faster than FireWire and as fast as USB 3.0
Quartet features Core Audio compliant, high-speed, USB 2.0 connectivity. Recent advances in the Mac’s Core Audio driver have made USB faster than FireWire with incredible latency performance. USB 2.0 is as fast as USB 3.0. The advantage of USB 3.0 is additional bandwidth not speed.
APOGEE MAESTRO SOFTWARE
Advanced Software Control for Advanced I/O
Access all control functions and settings with Maestro, Apogee’s comprehensive software control application. Maestro features a single window interface with quick access to all device and system settings. Select your input type, enable Soft Limit on mic and instrument inputs, and use the mixer for low latency monitoring. Maestro lets you easily configure your Apogee interface to fit your workflow.
All new Maestro developed for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad
Apogee’s new free Maestro app for iOS brings total hardware control to iPad. Designed to create a seamless transition between Mac and iOS, Maestro’s design was customized for each device; iPhone, iPad and Mac, ensuring an intuitive user interface across every platform. The app includes all the same essential functions available on the Mac including low latency monitoring. Maestro can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store on your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad.
- First professional multi-channel audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini
- (Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack and any Core Audio compliant app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 4 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- ADAT/SMUX digital Inputs
- Monitor control - up to 3 speaker sets
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- QuickTouch pads for input/output selection and advanced control
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.
The power of Quartet, now on your iPad.
Quartet for iPad & Mac Audio Interface Specifications:
- System Requirements:
- Mac OS:
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.4 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- Power: DC Power supply included
- iOS version: 5.1.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC Power supply included
- iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
- * Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
- iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- Compatible Software:
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- 4 Analog Inputs:
- Combination line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
- Digital Inputs:
- ADAT/SMUX Input, 8 channels, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- MIDI input (USB-A type connector)
- 8 Analog Outputs:
- 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Digital Outputs:
- MIDI output (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output on BNC connector
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
- 2 top panel high-resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touchpads to control:
- Mute Outputs
- Dim Outputs
- Sum to Mono
- Clear Meters
- Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
- Mic Pre:
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- A/D conversion:
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- D/A conversion:
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
- In the box:
- 2 meter USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply with standard 3 pin-IEC cable
- QuickStart Guide
- Instructions for download of software and complete documentation