- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
An impressive value on a feature-rich PA mixer.
The Allen & Heath PA12-CP Powered Mixer has all the tools you need to run a stereo PA system in a straightforward plug-and-play format. You'll quickly feel at home with a number of innovative touches based on many years of real-world experience. High-quality construction includes the same individual vertical circuit boards, nutted pots, and solid copper bus connections as the acclaimed ML series mixing consoles. Experience the full, open, natural sound quality that has made Allen & Heath a respected name around the world.
2x500W RMS peak power professional class, fan-cooled, circuit-protected AB power amplifiers with the same output into 4 or 8 ohms.
8 mono channels with mic (XLR) and line (TRS) inputs (line input overrides the XLR input), individual +48V phantom power switches, and new, padless 2-stage preamps with smooth gain law provide pristine sound quality. Line input goes to second stage for better matching and performance. Switched 100Hz high-pass filter, insert point, 4-band EQ, 4 aux mixes, mute with LED, PFL button with LED (functions as peak indicator), plus 100mm fader on every channel.
Shelving LF (60Hz), and HF (12kHz) with fixed LM (250Hz), and swept HM (300Hz - 6kHz). The fixed 250Hz control has been carefully selected to provide reduction of muddy sounds and enhance warmth.
2 stereo channels with 2 unbalanced stereo inputs on each—one RCA and one TRS jack. Independent gain controls provide source mixing in the channel strip. The top inputs (RCA) can be switched direct to L&R instead of the channel strip providing extra returns. Each stereo channel features 2-band shelving EQ, 4 aux mixes, stereo balance, mute with LED, PFL with LED, and 100mm fader as mono channels.
Auxiliary sends from all channels include 2 pre-fade for foldback mixes - these have 100mm master faders, mute switch with LED, AFL with LED, and TRS outputs (which can be routed internally to output section). One post-fade aux mix for effects which feeds the internal effects and has a TRS jack output for external effects. One post-fade aux mix to a TRS jack output is provided for external effects or special feeds.
The PA12-CP mixer's main stereo mix output has 100mm fader control and mute with LED plus TRS jack outputs, mono sum output with level control, and switch for subwoofer mode to TRS jack. Record output (RCA) analog and S/PDIF switchable pre/post fader, plus twin 12-segment LED bar meters that show program (or PFL/AFL). Insert points on TRS jack for external processing as well as output EQ and routing to internal amplifiers/external systems are provided.
A 4-band semi-parametric EQ enhances the output section. This affects the TRS slave outputs and the internal constant power amplifiers, offering more control than graphic equalizers for precise management of speakers, especially foldback/monitors. The audio mixer's source selector allows output EQ section to be used on left/ right, L&R sum/foldback 1, or foldback1/foldback 2.
16-program digital effects processor provides reverbs, delays, chorus, and others, including combinations. This FX module takes its feed from the post-fade FX aux on the mono and stereo channels. The output of the FX module is controlled by a 100mm fader with mute and PFL and is routed to the stereo mix and FB1&2 with post fade level controls. 2 TRS inputs with level control provide a way of combining external effects with the internal unit. The internal effects can be switched off to use external effects only if preferred. A footswitch TRS jack is provided to mute the effects channel. Editing of effects can be done via MIDI using a software editor available free from the resource CD or the Allen & Heath website.
Background music (BGM) mode plays 2 track input into the main mix post fader, allowing the user to pull down the fader (while patching, taking a break, or during walk-in) and leave music playing through the amplifiers/speakers. The Allen & Heath PA12-CP Powered Mixer's 2 track input (RCA) with level control to L&R feeds the headphone monitor selector (checking recording) while twin, 3-color 12-segment LED meters display active monitor source. Large LED indicates PFL/AFL active signal overrides L&R/2TRK monitor source selection. Standby switch uses relays to disconnect the speakers. 2 track output (RCA) analog + S/PDIF allows direct-to-digital recording. Switchable pre/post master L&R fader. Mono sum out with level (TRS) mode switch to provide sub feed with 100Hz low pass filter. Phones out (TRS) with level.
- 8 mono channels with mic (XLR) and line (TRS) inputs
- Line input overrides the XLR input
- 2X500W RMS peak power professional class, fan-cooled, circuit-protected AB power amplifiers
- Individual +48V phantom power switches are provided
- New padless 2-stage preamp with smooth gain law Line input goes to second stage for better matching and performance
- Switched 100Hz high pass filter
- Insert point
- 4-band semi-parametric EQ
- 4 aux mixes
- Mute with LED
- PFL button with LED that functions as peak indicator
- 100mm fader
PA 12-CP Powered Mixer Specifications:
- 0dBu = 0.775 Volts rms 0dBV = 1 Volt rms
- Maximum output level: TRS +21dBu into 2kOhm load
- Nominal output level: L-R +0dBu into 600 ohm max load; Other o/p's +0dBu into 2kOhm max load
- Internal headroom: Mix to o/p +21dB. Channels+21dB
- Peak LEDs: 5dB before clipping
- Noise: measured rms 22Hz to 22kHz. Mic EIN ref 150 ohm source -128dB. L-Rresidual <-89dBu (nothing routed). L-R mix <-85dBu (channels routed)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 30kHz +/- 0.5dB
- THD: +10dbu, 1kHz
- Channel to mix o/p <0.006%
- Crosstalk:: - 1kHz, Ch to ch <-90dB, Chl mute shutoff<-95dB, Ch fader shutoff <-95dB
- Power Amp: Outputpower Constant Power switchable. = 2 x 500w RMS into 4 ohm. = 2 x 500wRMS into 8 ohm. Frequency response THD+N <0.02%@1kHz
- MainsPower: Internal unit, linear regulated Internally wired to requiredcountry voltage
- AC mains input 100V to 240V AC@50/60Hz
- Powerconsumption 1600W max
- Mains fuse rating
- 100-120V AC use T10A 20mm
- 220-240V AC use T8A 20mm
- 20-3/5"W x 7"H x 21-1/5"D
- 46 lbs.