Restock Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 16:2 Mixer
Allen & Heath
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Great sound, intuitive operation, and plenty of routing options.
The Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 16:2 mixer is the third generation of this popular series known for its fantastic sound and functionality. MixWizard WZ3 has a new preamp design, tailored EQ frequencies, an extra mono output (on a fader that can be switched to provide a sub-bass mix from channel aux 6), and several routing changes to make the engineer's life easier. Other new features on the Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 include new styling, an extra lamp socket, Sys-Link options, and backup power supply.
The Allen & Heath mixer gives you 16 mic/line channels, each with 4-band EQ, HPF, individual phantom power, 6 auxes, mute switch, signal and peak indicator LEDs and a 100mm smooth-action fader. A configurable direct out and insert using all-metal TRS jacks are provided.
Stereo Mix with A/B Out
Main output controlled by 100mm faders with 12-segment 3-color metering with insert. The mixing console give has an A-B output for additional L&R stereo output selectable pre or post L&R faders. Unique underpanel mode switch to configure A-B as a local monitor output for additional stereo monitoring.
Dedicated Mono Output
Allen & Heath MixWizard 3's mono fader feeds mono XLR output. Source select L+R sum or aux 6 mix for creating separate mono/C or aux fed sub mix.
6 Aux Sends
The Allen & Heath mixer has 6 auxiliaries: 1-2 prefade (option: link to follow pre/post switch), 3-4 switchable pre/post fade (option: permanently prefade) and 5- and 6 post fade (option to follow pre/post switch). Internal option to configure stereo channel L signal to odd auxes and R signal to even auxes. Aux masters are rotary controls with TRS outputs. The mixing console's aux busses can be monitored in mono or related stereo pairs.
4-band EQ plus HPF
Mono channels have separate controls for sweep and cut/boost on mid bands. HPF @ 100Hz is switchable.
2 Stereo Returns
TRS line inputs, routed via level controls to L&R mix. ST1 can feed aux 1-4. Note: the audio mixer's internal FX returns to ST1. The ST1 input allows external FX to be mixed in.
Onboard Digital FX
The Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 mixer 32 FX programs with external MIDI editing/control. Can be configured in single mode (16 programs fed from aux 5) or Dual mode (8 programs fed from aux 5, plus another 8 programs fed from aux 6). FX are returned via ST1 to the mix, aux 1-4. The effects can be muted using a footswitch. WZ FX editor software is available from the A&H website.
Headphone output and local monitor possible, with separate level controls. Red LED indicator when PFL on input channels is selected. PFL signal overrides the selected monitor source and L&R metering. The Allen & Heath MixWizard's A-B output can be configured as local stereo monitor.
Wizard FX Editor software
Enables sounds to be created and stored above and beyond the capability of the basic mixer. Runs under Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP. Intuitive Graphical User interface with knobs and buttons to select parameters in real time. Available from the A&H website.
- Performance improvements with new mic preamp design and more responsive EQ
- Extended PA possibilities with control of aux fed subs on new mono output fader
- Channel phantom power switches and signal indicators added
- User friendly options on aux sends and direct outputs
- XLR lamp socket
- New Syslink options
- Slimmer build
- Pluggable jumper links
- Easy service construction
- New meter moulding design
- Extra feet on connector pod
- Universal rack or desk mount
- Dual stereo channel routing modes
- New side trims for style and portability
- Separate internal power supply module
- Dual redundant power supply connector added
- Balanced channel XLR normals through TRS for mic or line level XLR
- Pre-EQ aux option added for pre-insert, post-mute
You'll know you have the real deal when you hear it. Order the Allen & Heath MixWizard 3 today.
MixWizard 3 16:2 Mixer Specifications:
- Allen & Heath MixWizard3 16:2 Mixer
- Maximum output level: XLR +26dBu into 600 ohms max load; Jack +21dBu into 2k ohm max load
- Internal headroom: Channels +21dB; Mix +23dB
- Meters: 3 colour LED, quasi peak response
- Sensitivity: 0VU = +4dBu at XLR output
- Master meters: 12 segment -30 to +16dB
- Channel meters: 2 segment -12, +16dB (5dB before clip)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 50kHz +/-0.5dB
- THD+n at +10dBu: 1kHz Channel to mix out < 0.004%
- Crosstalk at 1kHz: Fader shutoff >90dB; Channel mute >100dB; Inter channel >90dB
- Noise, rms 22Hz to 22kHz: Mic EIN -128dB; Residual output noise < -95dBu (-99dB S/N); LR unity fader mix noise < -83dBu (-87dB S/N)
- Channel HPF: 12dB/octave below 80Hz
- Mono EQ: HF Shelving, +/-15dB, 12kHz; HM Peak/dip, +/-15dB, 500Hz to 15kHz, Q=1.8; LM Peak/dip, +/15dB, 35Hz to 1kHz, Q=1.8; LF Shelving, +/-15dB, 80Hz
- Stereo EQ: HF Shelving, +/-15dB, 12kHz; HM Peak/dip, +/-15dB, 2.5kHz, Q=1.8; LM Peak/dip, +/-15dB, 250Hz, Q=1.8; LF Shelving, +/-15dB, 80Hz
- Power supply: Internal 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto sensing, IEC input; External Input for optional MPS12 backup supply; Power consumption: 35W max; Mains fuse: T630mA L 20mm
- Free standing dimensions: W 507 (20") x D 530 (20.9") x H 194 (7.7")
- Rack mounted; W 483 (19") x D 122 (4.8") x H 444 (17.5") 10U Underside connectors
- Rack mounted W 483 (19") x D 193 (7.6") x H 497 (19.6") 11.2U Rear connectors
- Weight; 10kg (22lbs)
- Mono channel:
- XLR balanced pin 2 hot Sensitivity -60 to +10dBu
- TRS balanced, tip hot Sensitivity -40 to +10dBu
- Pad out (MIC) 2k ohm
- Pad in (MIC or LINE) >10k ohm, -20dB
- Max input level +30dBu
- XLR phantom power +48V, on/off
- Stereo channel:
- ST1,3 TRS unbalanced >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- ST2,4 TRS balanced >10k ohm, -16 to +20dBu
- Stereo returns:
- ST1(5) TRS balanced >10k ohm, -6 to +20dBu
- ST2(6) TRS unbalanced >2k ohm, -2 to +20dBu
- Channel TRS, tip send, ring return, 0dBu
- Output TRS, tip send, ring return, -2dBu
- L, R, M outputs: XLR balanced pin 2 hot <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
- Aux 1-6 output: TRS impedance balanced <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max; Electronic balance option <75 ohm, +4dBu, +26dBu max
- Direct out: TRS impedance balanced <75 ohm, 0dBu, +21dBu max
- AB out TRS impedance balanced <75 ohm, -2dBu, +21dBu max
- Headphones: TRS, tip L, ring R, 30 to 600 ohm headphones recommended
- Lamp: 4-pin XLR max 12V 5W lamp