Alesis iO2 StudioPro3 Recording PackageProduct #486268 Alesis 486268 YBG Studio & Recording Packages https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
A smart, affordable package that'll get your studio off the ground with an audio interface, a mic, monitors, and more.
The iO2 StudiPro3 Recording Package includes the 2-channel Alesis iO2 Express USB interface; M-Audio StudioPro 3 powered desktop monitors; MXL V63M large-diaphragm condenser, wired with Mogami; XLR mic cable; and mic stand with fixed boom.
iO2 Express Audio Interface
The compact Alesis iO2 EXPRESS audio-recording interface is ideal for home studios and portable recording setups. The 2-channel USB interface for Mac and PC-based systems enables you to record at up to 24-bit resolution for input into virtually all DAW, recording, and performance software.
The Alesis i02 EXPRESS recording interface is small enough to comfortably fit into your mobile recording rig, laptop bag, or backpack, yet it contains high-quality components and circuitry suitable for the studio.
Flexible recording and playback
The i02 EXPRESS interface's discrete-design preamplifiers and true 48-volt phantom power ensure that you capture microphones' complete signal. High quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters ensure that every detail of your session or performance gets recorded – and played back on your monitoring system. It's class compliant, so you can use the plug-and-play Alesis iO2 EXPRESS with virtually any computer.
The iO2 EXPRESS is USB bus powered so you won't need to carry a bulky power supply, and its performance is optimized for minimal laptop battery drain so you'll be able to track long sessions and gigs remotely.
The iO2 EXPRESS has 2 input channels. Each channel has an XLR microphone input, a 1/4" TRS insert for external effects units, and a 1/4" TS jack that works with line-level sources and can accommodate direct connection of guitars.
The Alesis iO2 EXPRESS sends and receives 2 audio channels on a single USB cable for simple, universal interface. You can monitor your sessions on any studio monitoring or other loudspeaker system via dual 1/4" balanced outputs. For remote tracking and alternative playback, the iO2 EXPRESS has a 1/4" TRS headphone output.
The iO2 EXPRESS features traditional MIDI In and Out jacks for playing and controlling software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments.
Each channel has a gain trim control, and there's a master level control for optimal gain staging. When monitoring on headphones, you'll appreciate the dedicated volume control.
You can also visually monitor levels and operation using the tricolor, stereo metering tree and lighted status indicators.
Complete the package
2-channel computer audio recording interface <br />Record up to 24-bit/48kHz audio into virtually any software <br />Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs <br />High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power <br />Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars <br />Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring <br />MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software instruments <br />USB bus powered – no external power supply needed <br /> <br />Includes: <br />iO2 EXPRESS interface <br />USB cable <br />Software CDAlesis iO2 EXPRESS is compatible with virtually all audio and MIDI software.
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor
The M-Audio StudioPro 3 active monitor features powerful amplification, a custom-tuned cabinet, optimized speaker design, and advanced crossover technology for the best possible sound. Magnetic shielding prevents this desktop audio monitor from interfering with your computer or video monitor.
Stereo Auxiliary Input and Headphone Output
For maximum flexibility, a stereo aux input allows you to plug in a secondary audio source (such as your portable music player) in addition to the main RCA inputs in the back. The volume control works on both inputs simultaneously. Additionally, there is a stereo headphone output next to the aux jack that mutes the sound coming out of the speakers and redirects it to your headphones.
The custom bass reflex port design discharges very low-frequency signals and delivers a smooth, substantial bass response. Need more? The rear-panel bass boost gives you additional low-frequency gain and makes the monitors versatile for different spaces and listening preferences.
High-frequency audio signals tend to be fairly directional. That's why wedge-shaped monitor pads are included to help point your StudioPro 3s directly at your ears for an optimal listening sweet spot.
Provides a more stable performance with a special medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and unique interior reinforcement designed to absorb vibration and impact generated under extreme conditions. Includes carefully placed acoustic material that makes the StudioPro 3 sound much bigger than it is--resulting in a smooth, natural bass response.
V63M Condenser Studio Microphone
The MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone has a 1" diameter, 6-micron-thick diaphragm that delivers high sensitivity and detailed recordings. Wired with Mogami wire for added clarity. With balanced, transformerless output for low noise. Encased in a heavy-duty brass enclosure. The MXL V63M has a cardioid pickup pattern and a frequency response of 30Hz- 20kHz. 48V phantom power required.
Musician's Gear MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Its adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". The 30-1/4" fixed boom is not adjustable.
Gear One XLR Microphone Cable
For serious-minded musicians, Gear One's XLR cables have the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use. Since your cable is your sound, this XLR mic cable's superior wiring allows your signal to be quiet, eliminating frustrating hums, buzzing, and crackles.
LiveWire 1/4" RCA Dual Patch Cable
This Live Wire mono 1/4" male to RCA male dual patch cable has metal headshells. Like all Live Wire cables, it is designed for serious musicians, with the strength and durability to withstand more than everyday use.
Your cable is your sound. Superior wiring allows your signal to be quiet, eliminating frustrating hums, buzzing, and crackles.
Sturdy construction enhances signal and performance. Flexible design eliminates kinks and twists for a tangle-free performance whether you're in the studio or on the stage.
- iO2 Express Audio Interface
- M-Audio StudioPro3 Monitors (pair)
- LiveWire 1/4" RCA Dual Patch Cable
- MXL V63M Condenser Studio Microphone
- MG tripod mic stand
- Gear One XLR Cable 20ft.
iO2 Express Audio Interface
- 2-channel computer audio recording interface <br />Record up to 24-bit/48kHz audio into virtually any software <br />Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs <br />High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power <br />Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars <br />Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring <br />MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software instruments <br />USB bus powered – no external power supply needed <br /> <br />Includes: <br />iO2 EXPRESS interface <br />USB cable <br />Software CD
M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor
- 3.25" low-frequency drivers; 1" high-frequency drivers
- Remarkably accurate frequency response and imaging
- Advanced crossover design
- Custom-tuned wood cabinet
- Magnetic shielding prevents computer/video monitor interference
- Vented port design for added bass
- Transportable, compact design is ergonomic and flexible
- Internal standing wave acoustic absorption for greater efficiency
- Bass Boost switch
- Factory programmed for worldwide use
- RCA rear-panel inputs; convenient front-panel 1/8" inputs
- Includes directional pads to optimize listening sweet spot
V63M Condenser Studio Microphone
- 1" diaphragm
- Mogami wire
- Balanced, low-noise output
- Heavy-duty brass enclosure
- Cardioid pattern
- Detailed 30Hz-20kHz response
- Wired with Mogami cable
Save yourself money while getting a quality selection of recording gear.
iO2 StudioPro3 Recording Package Specifications:
- i02 Express Audio Interface
- System Requirements
- Mac: OS X 10.2+
- Windows: XP, Vista, or 7
- USB port
- Frequency Response
- MIC/LINE IN to USB OUT: ±0.1dB
- MIC/LINE IN to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC) ±0.35dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: 110dB A-weighted, input impedance at XLR or 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 94dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 97dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 95dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: <0.001% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.7dBV
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 0.034% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.3dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 0.003% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.3dBFS
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 0.034% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.7dBFS
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 0.005% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 0.006% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
- M-Audio StudioPro 3 Desktop Audio Monitor
- Type: 2-way desktop reference monitor
- LF driver: 3.25" diameter, magnetically shielded with curved cone with high-temperature voice coil
- HF driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk dome
- Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz (±3dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.3kHz
- Dynamic range (Maximum Signal-to-Noise Ratio): >80dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input connectors: left and right line input connectors (RCA)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic power: 10 watts into 4 ohms (per channel) at 0.5% distortion
- Input impedance: 10kOhms (unbalanced)
- Input sensitivity: 100mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED ring around on/off/volume knob on front panel
- Power requirements: 100-120V~50/60Hz, 220~240V~50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 5.5"W x 7.9"H x 5.9"D
- Weight: 8.8 lbs./pair (approx., without packing)
- V63M Condenser Studio Microphone
- Large 1" diaphragm <br />6-micron-thick diaphragm for high sensitivity and detailed recordings <br />Wired with Mogami wire for added clarity <br />Balanced, transformerless output for low noise <br />Heavy-duty brass enclosure <br />30Hz-20kHz frequency response <br />Cardioid pickup pattern <br />Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa <br />Output impedance: 200 ohms <br />Max SPL: 130dB <br />S/N ratio: 80dB (Ref. 1 Pa, A weighted) <br />Power requirement: 48V phantom power
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Alesis iO2 StudioPro3 Recording Package:
I received this package two days ago and with the addition of an ART Tube preamp I am pretty satisfied with the quality of my vocals. The preamp is a must to get a good sound. The Alesis does not do a good job in that department but it does provide a nice clean throughput to my PC USB. When switching from the Alesis phantom power to the ART's, I immediately noticed that a low frequency hum disappeared. The ART is totally silent and now the Alesis is too.
The mic is good considering what I paid for it. I am already looking at upgrades because it doesn't have that bright crisp sound that I like. But still, it is totally adequate especially once you EQ your tracks. It seems well built and has a very small sweet spot. It sounds best when you're about 3" away and slightly above center. This actually works well for me because I do not have a booth and it doesn't pic up much ambient sound. When you leave that sweet spot, the sound drops off quickly.
Getting everything to work was a bit tricky but I was up and running in about 2 hours. This is my very first time setting up anything like this and I'm not much for reading instructions. You do need to download the AISO driver at the Alesis website and you have to set your input/output devices in Cubase. I have no latency issues at all. No pops, crackles or hisses. (Except if you turn the gain up too high on the Alesis - which is why I recommend the ART preamp.)
The Speakers are awful! I knew that from other reviews but didn't expect them to be so bad. I will replace them ASAP.
The mic stand is actually quite nice. The boom does fully adjust contrary to the description - North, South, East, West. It seems sturdy enough for stationary use but if you are really tall, it may be too short.
I've had no problems with the XLR cable and all of my items arrived in perfect condition.
I thought long and hard before making this purchase because I wasn't sure if I would actually get good products for the price point. I'm totally satisfied with this purchase and as long as your expectations are realistic and you take the necessary steps to get the most out of this gear, I think it's a great starter kit...except for the speakers but at this price they're basically free.