A 24-bit USB recording interface.
The compact Alesis iO2 EXPRESS audio-recording interface is ideal for home studios and portable recording setups. The 2-channel USB interface for Mac and PC-based systems enables you to record at up to 24-bit resolution for input into virtually all DAW, recording, and performance software.
The Alesis i02 EXPRESS recording interface is small enough to comfortably fit into your mobile recording rig, laptop bag, or backpack, yet it contains high-quality components and circuitry suitable for the studio.
Flexible recording and playback
The i02 EXPRESS interface's discrete-design preamplifiers and true 48-volt phantom power ensure that you capture microphones' complete signal. High quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters ensure that every detail of your session or performance gets recorded – and played back on your monitoring system. It's class compliant, so you can use the plug-and-play Alesis iO2 EXPRESS with virtually any computer.
The iO2 EXPRESS is USB bus powered so you won't need to carry a bulky power supply, and its performance is optimized for minimal laptop battery drain so you'll be able to track long sessions and gigs remotely.
The iO2 EXPRESS has 2 input channels. Each channel has an XLR microphone input, a 1/4" TRS insert for external effects units, and a 1/4" TS jack that works with line-level sources and can accommodate direct connection of guitars.
The Alesis iO2 EXPRESS sends and receives 2 audio channels on a single USB cable for simple, universal interface. You can monitor your sessions on any studio monitoring or other loudspeaker system via dual 1/4" balanced outputs. For remote tracking and alternative playback, the iO2 EXPRESS has a 1/4" TRS headphone output.
The iO2 EXPRESS features traditional MIDI In and Out jacks for playing and controlling software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments.
Each channel has a gain trim control, and there's a master level control for optimal gain staging. When monitoring on headphones, you'll appreciate the dedicated volume control.
You can also visually monitor levels and operation using the tricolor, stereo metering tree and lighted status indicators.
Complete the package
The Alesis iO2 EXPRESS comes complete with a copy of Steinberg Cubase LE digital audio workstation (DAW) software. Cubase is one of the most popular DAWs in the world thanks to its intuitive approach to composing, recording, editing, and mixing.
In addition to the included software, the Alesis iO2 EXPRESS is compatible with virtually all audio and MIDI software.
- 2-channel computer audio recording interface
- Record up to 24-bit/48kHz audio into virtually any software
- Monitor sessions with balanced studio monitor and headphone outputs
- High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power
- Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars
- Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring
- MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software instruments
- USB bus powered – no external power supply needed
- iO2 EXPRESS interface
- USB cable
Get a recording interface that goes where you go!
iO2 Express Audio Interface Specifications:
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Mac: OS X 10.2+
- Windows: XP, Vista, or 7
- USB port
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE
- MIC/LINE IN to USB OUT: ±0.1dB
- MIC/LINE IN to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC) ±0.35dB
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO (SNR)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: 110dB A-weighted, input impedance at XLR or 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 99dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 94dB A-weighted, input impedance at 1/4" jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 97dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 95dB A-weighted, input impedance at MIC or LINE jack = 600 ohms
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION + NOISE (THD+N)
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to INSERT OUT: <0.001% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.7dBV
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to INSERT OUT: 0.034% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, INSERT OUT = 5.3dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to USB OUT: 0.003% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.3dBFS
- GUITAR IN (unbalanced) to USB OUT: 0.034% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, USB OUT = -0.7dBFS
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through ADC/DAC): 0.005% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
- MIC/LINE IN (balanced) to MAIN OUT (through direct monitor): 0.006% Input Gain = minimum, 1KHz input signal, MAIN OUT = 5.6dBV
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Not Plug And Play
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
Comments about Alesis iO2 Express Audio Interface:
If you have Windows 7 forget about it. That is unless you work in the computer field ( Which I do!). Who wants a home computer project?????? I just wanted to plug it and use it..... No support, the reason why the price came down on this device is that it does not work in Win 7..... I should read up before purchasing.....