Alesis iO Dock II
iOS Audio/MIDI Interfaces
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Universal pro audio dock for iPad.
The Alesis iO Dock is one of the most comprehensive ways you can harness the power of your iPad in your studio, and now the iO Dock II does it even better. If you're like any other musician out there who owns an iPad then you've no doubt already loaded it with some amazing music applications, but now what? That's where the iO Dock II comes in. Just slide your Lightning or 30-pin iPad into the dock and you'll instantly turn your tablet into a piece of professional touchscreen recording hardware. You'll have access to all of your favorite iOS recording, effects and virtual instrument applications all connected directly into your recording setup at home or in any studio. Can you imagine the flexibility of calling up your favorite synthesizer application and plugging in your MIDI keyboard to make it an instant hardware instrument? How about routing sound out of your DAW and into one of the many different effects apps for iPad for a turly hands-on sound sculpting experience? Well with iO Dock II's professional I/O it's all possible.
It's no secret that the iPad's user-friendly design and processing power have been a hit with musicians and producers who use apps to create music. iO Dock II takes this concept a step further by letting you connect your guitar, bass, microphones, keyboards and MIDI gear in one convenient device. And because it works with virtually any Core Audio or Core MIDI app, you will never run out of ways to create with the iO Dock II.
The iO Dock II is so much more than an ergonomic place to put your iPad in the studio. Dual combination inputs (XLR + 1/4-inch) let you record vocals, acoustic instruments, electronic instruments or ensembles with ease. Use dynamic or condenser mics to capture audio via the onboard mic preamps with phantom power.
Integrating the iO Dock II into your live or home studio setup is just as easy, thanks to 5-pin MIDI In/Out jacks and a USB MIDI Out port. The improved high-impedance input gives you a dedicated jack for your guitar/bass that ensures you have a clean, pure signal for tracking or 3rd party FX apps. Dedicated headphone and 1/4-inch outputs let you listen to your tracks on studio monitors or 'phones. The assignable footswitch jack opens up creative possibilities for gigging or virtual instrument performance.
- Equips your iPad with pro audio connections for recording and live performance
- Interchangeable 30-pin and Lightning connectors included
- Works with iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) and iPad (4th generation)
- Improved high-impedance guitar input for accurate recording of guitars and bass guitars
- Improved iPad connector placement for quick and easy loading of your iPad
- Connect microphones, instruments, speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Works with virtually any Core Audio or Core MIDI app in the App Store
- Two combo XLR-1/4-inch inputs for use with instruments, microphones, and more
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser mics
- Two1/4" main outputs and 1/4" headphone output, each with independent volume controls
- 5-pin MIDI and USB MIDI input and output and an assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
- Professional 24-bit converters built in
- Class-compliant, no drivers required
Turn your iPad into professional studio hardware today!
iO Dock II Specifications:
- Audio Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" Balanced TRS Individual gain controls Phantom power, switchable Guitar (high-impedance) switch on Input 1
Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" Balanced TRS Main 1/4" TRS Headphone Individual level controls
Control I/O: MIDI In (DIN) MIDI Out (DIN) USB MIDI 1/4" Footswitch (function assigned by apps)
Power: 12V DC, 2A, center-positive
Dimensions (Length x Width x Height): 8.5" x 10.5" x1.25"; 216 mm x 267 mm x 32 mm Weight: 2.1 lbs; .95 kg
iPad, iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation)
iO Dock II
Adapter for iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), and iPad (4th generation)
Apple 30-Pin Connector
Apple Lightning Connector
Safety & Warranty Manual