- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Intelligent compression and dynamics in dual mono or stereo.
The Alesis 3632 Dual Channel Compressor / Limiter / Gate is the follow-up to the 3630 Compressor™, the most popular dynamics processor ever made. The 3632 Compressor builds on the popular design and features of its predecessor by providing two independent, full-featured compressor/limiters in one compact rack. It delivers superb sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
Manual or automatic
With the push of a button the 3632 Compressor’s attack and release times can be set to engage automatically depending on the source signal. In this mode, the 3632 applies an optimized amount of compression with no extremes. Want full manual control? Again, just push a button and you have free reign over the 3632’s comprehensive range of parameters. The 3632 Compressor can function as either two individual mono processors, or you can stereo-link them to provide true stereo compression.
Guard your sound
The 3632 Compressor’s Expander/Gate keeps unwanted noise out of your sound. When your signal falls below the threshold you’ve chosen, the Expander/Gate pushes low-level noise down or simply closes the gate depending on the parameters you’ve dialed in. Deny noise access to your audience or your mix!
At the heart of the 3632 Compressor is its VCA (voltage-controlled amplifier), which offers professional-grade performance in terms of distortion, noise, and temperature stability, making everything you hear smooth and consistent.
The 3632 Compressor’s sidechain function on each channel enables you to use it in external effects loops or in other common compressor applications such as ducking: use the sidechain function to trigger compression on a signal when you want it. A second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content.
With intuitive control layout and bright LED meters that display gain reduction and input/output levels per channel, the 3632 Compressor will give you constant visual feedback. Professional compression is ultimately about the control and delivery of sound, and the 3632 Compressor will make you a master at both.
- Stereo compressor/expander/limiter/gate for complete dynamics management
- Minimized signal path for optimal sound quality
- Intelligent Knee for musical performance with soft and hard-knee envelopes
- Intelligent Ratio adjusts expansion based on input signal
- Intelligent Gain auto-adjusts output
- Adjustable attack and release time for manual control
- Couple switch for a one-touch selection between two mono channels and stereo-linked operation
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum
- Gain-reduction LEDs and switchable input/output-level LED meters for visual monitoring of critical values
Tame your signal or get some boost in dual mono or stereo. Order today.
3632 Dual Channel Compressor / Limiter / Gate Specifications:
- Function: Compressor/expander/gate
- Number of Channels: 2
- Inputs: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS, 2x 1/4" TS Return
- Outputs: 2x XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS, 2x 1/4" TS Send
- Maximum Input Level: +21dBu
- Compression Threshold: -40dB to +20dB
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 – Infinity:1
- Attack Time: 0.1 mSec to 150 mSec/20dB
- Release Time: 0.05 mSec to 5 Sec/20dB
- Gate Threshold: Off to +15dB
- Gate Ratio: 1:1.2 to 1:8
- Maximum Output Level: +21dBu
- Make-up Gain: -20dB to +20dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0/-0.05dB
- Dynamic Range: 125dB
- Noise: THD+N: 0.01% typical, 1kHz @ +4dBu
- Power Requirements: 95~120VAC/210~240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 19 x 7.7 x 1.75" (483 x 195 x 45mm)
- Weight: 6.8 lbs (3.1kg)