Ableton Live 8 Upgrade from Live LE or Live IntroProduct #581849 Ableton 581849 YSG Music Production Software https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
- Buy New
Enjoy all the enhancements and new features of this loop-based software sequencer with this upgrade.
Whether you own Live LE or Live Intro, they've given you a pretty good taste of what Ableton Live software can do. With this upgrade, you can now incorporate all it has to offer into your every music production. Version 8 enhances the Ableton vision of creative, realtime digital music with a wealth of improved techniques, effects, and workflow improvements including:
New groove engine
Groove patterns can add life and swing to straight sequences. Live 8's new groove engine lets you apply groove patterns in real time, extract grooves from audio or MIDI sources, and quantize audio and MIDI in real time. The upgrade also comes with a new groove library.
New warping engine
Live 8 introduces a new, more direct way of working with warping and some important Warp Mode enhancements. You can now warp audio events by adjusting the events themselves on the timeline. Beats Mode has been updated, and there's a completely new Complex Warp Mode. Plus, you can slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients.
A much-requested feature, the Ableton Looper effect gives you classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Looper is set up for remote operation, so you can record, overdub, undo, and more without touching the computer.
Ableton Live 8 software includes five powerful effects not found in the LE or Intro versions: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter, and Frequency Shifter. These effects cover all the well-known aspects of these devices, but really shine due to some innovative features and enhancements from the Ableton labs.
New for Ableton Live 8 Software
New Groove Engine
- Apply groove patterns to any audio or MIDI clips in real time
- Change the feel of the whole piece or just selected clips
- Choose from an extensive library of groove patterns, captured from songs played by some of music's most original, expressive, and soulful drummers
- Extract groove patterns from any audio or MIDI source to build your own groove library from your favorite tracks
- Quantize audio and MIDI in real time: non-destructive velocity and timing adjustments for rhythmic correction
- Randomize audio and MIDI timing for a more human feel
New Warping Engine
- Intuitive warping allows you to adjust events on the timeline instead of stretching and squeezing the timeline around the events
- Transient handles analyze and assign handles to the transients in audio files automatically
- Slice by transient: slice audio to MIDI-based on Live 8's new transient analysis
- Enhanced Beats Warp Mode for improved warping of percussive material and new control options
- Improved Complex Warp Mode using élastique Pro for warping complex, polyphonic material with fewer artifacts
- Set up for remote operation so you can record, overdub, undo, and more using a single footswitch (not included) and without touching the computer
- Endless overdubs, tape-loop style for infinite improv jams
- First loop sync: Live reads the tempo from the length of the first loop you record and automatically syncs up to eliminate timing issues and let you record without the click
- Simple loop management: drag-and-drop a loop from Looper into a clip slot to make a clip; drag a clip back again to reload it into Looper
- Multiple Looper sync lets you run as many Loopers as you want without any synchronization headaches
5 New Effects
- Vocoder is classic vocoding plus advanced, intricate control for flexibility and rich sound design
- Multiband Dynamics: effective processing plus a refreshing approach to visualizing the dynamics involved lets you really see and hear what's going on
- Overdrive: models the circuits found in legendary stompboxes and forms a perfect complement to Saturator and Dynamic Tube
- Limiter: an effective brick-wall limiter that will keep your peaks in check
- Frequency Shifter: frequency shifting and ring modulation for flange effects, atonal harmonics, and the sound of 50s science fiction
- Crossfades in Arrangement View for real-time, non-destructive crossfades, neatly integrated into Live's familiar workflow.
- The enhanced MIDI editor now features step recording, an insert marker, and editing improvements.
- Group tracks let you group selected tracks (e.g. a group for drum tracks or a group for all backing vocals), and each group works like a separate mix buss with its own effects and routing settings
- Collapse grouped tracks to preserve screen real estate.
- Multi-parameter manipulation
- Magnify the user interface for optimal visibility on dark stages or hi-res screens and zoom out for the big picture
- Browser waveform display: Audio and MIDI browser preview now with waveform display and scrubbing for more informed browsing and file selection
- Improved configuration and control for plug-ins with numerous parameters.
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Complete nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful and creative MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Real-time time-stretching and warping of AIFF, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP3 files for improvisation and instant remixing
- A comprehensive selection of built-in audio effects, including a host of creative delays, filters, distortions, studio compressors, and EQs
- Built-in software instruments: Simpler for creative sample-based synthesis, Impulse for sampled drums
- Instrument-, Drum-, Effect Racks for creating and managing complex performance setups, drum kits, and multi-effects
- VST and AU effects and instruments support; automatic plug-in delay compensation
- REX file support and native sliced audio file creation
- Video import and export for scoring to picture or warping picture to music
- Realtime control of parameters with any MIDI controller—just MIDI-map it or choose from a list of popular supported controllers for instant mapping
- Full ReWire support, runs as Slave or Master
- Single-screen user interface for simple, creativity-focused operation
- Multicore and multiprocessor support
- Extensive built-in step-by-step tutorials
- Localized software menus, tutorials, and PDF reference manuals available in English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese
- Printed reference manual in English, Spanish, French, German, or Japanese
Other Included Instruments
- A selection of loops
- Essential Instrument Collection 2: acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, bass, drums, orchestral instruments, and more
Say goodbye to the limits and experience all that Live 8 has to offer with this special upgrade.
Live 8 Upgrade from Live LE or Live Intro Specifications:
- System Requirements1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended) DVD-ROM drive, QuickTime