Modular instrument and sound design environment based on physical modeling.
The Applied Acoustics Systems Tassman 4 Sound Synthesis Studio gives you virtually endless creative possibilities in an intuitive environment whether you're a newbie or a seasoned professional. From unrivaled re-creations of analog and acoustic instruments to wildly adventurous cinematic textures, the Tassman puts the shape of sound design in your hands. Far from being an emulation of any one vintage synthesizer, the Tassman is an ever-expanding collection of instruments and sound design tools sure to provide inspiration for virtually any project.
Inspiration on Demand: Synths and Presets
The Tassman 4 provides you with a collection of 50 pre-patched instruments, and over 1000 presets right out of the box. You'll find all the classic analog and FM instrument emulations you'd expect in a modular synthesis solution, staggeringly realistic acoustic instruments including various drums and chromatic percussion, string instruments of all shapes and sizes, an electric piano, tonewheel and pipe based organs, and more, complete with the nuances and subtleties that would be simply unattainable with a sample based solution. Add to this instruments that allow you to import your own samples and utilize them as you would any of the other tone generators, and unique hybrid constructions that combine these various elements, and the possibilities are truly endless.
New in Version 4
The new Output Stage includes sync-to-host capability, tempo synced ping-pong delay, first-class reverbs, and an audio recorder. While providing instant control over the playback and recording of your performances, the Output Stage also adds depth, warmth, and dimension to any synth.
• Performance Mode
Performances provide instant access to your sounds by combining a synth, a preset, effects and MIDI maps. For quick and easy access, you can organize performances by style, by type, or even by venues.
• Expanded Library
A fantastic new collection of synthesizers and effects created by top sound designers from ILIO and AAS. Their focus has been on the creation of highly usable sounds for musicians and studio professionals that exploit the unique architecture of Tassman.
• Audio Input Processing
The Tassman can now be used as a real-time audio effects processor! For instance, acoustic resonators can be used to add unique textures to your sound. Use it as an effect plug-in with your favorite host application.
• Improved Algorithms
Improved acoustic objects and generators that sound better than ever.
- Polyphonic modular synthesizer and sound design environment
- Entirely based on physical modeling for outstanding sound quality
- Huge synth and effect library - more than 50 synths and 1000 presets
- Modules library for customizing or creating synths - effects, envelopes, filters, generators, inputs, outputs, MIDI, logic, mixers, resonators, selectors, and sequencers
- Generators and resonators include acoustical objects - flute, mallets, organ, plectrum, beams, marimbas, membranes, plates, strings, and tubes
- User expandable module library - reuse, organize and simplify patch building
- Unlimited modules per patch
- Internal audio recorder to capture performances on the fly
- Integrated browser, browser filters, and locate function for easy navigation and organization of Tassman elements
- Triggered playback and record for perfect loops
- Import/Export functions for easy sharing of synths and effects
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Drag-and-drop capability between Tassman elements
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 32-bit floating point internal processing
- Real time calculation of sound - no samples
- Simultaneous operation of multiple MIDI ports and user defined MIDI maps
- MIDI automation and program change support
- Supports all standard plug-in formats
- Full audio and MIDI hardware support
- Standalone operation - no host application required
- Core processing engine has been re-written from the ground up for greater performance and sound quality
- Browser, Builder, and Player now integrated into a single window
- Resizable window with horizontal and vertical scroll bars for easy navigation
- Redesigned, color-coded Builder interface
- 50 new instruments covering the full range of analog, acoustic, and hybrid constructions, with over 1000 presets
- Integrated browser for drag-and-drop access to all necessary tools including instruments, sub-patches, presets, modules, and MIDI maps
- MIDI Learn/Forget for all on-screen controls
- Save multiple MIDI maps for each instrument
- Support for aftertouch from keyboards with this functionality
- Import and Export Instruments with all associated presets and sub-patches as a single file for easy exchange with other users and archiving
- Many new modules including new control elements, envelopes with modulation input for each stage, 3 new sequencers, filters, FX, and much more
Order this invaluable music production tool today!
Tassman 4 Sound Synthesis Studio Software Specifications:
- Supported Platforms: Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP; Mac OS 10.2
- Supported Soundcard Drivers: ASIO, DirectX, WDM, Sound Manager, Core Audio
- Supported Formats: Standalone, VST, DXi, DirectConnect, MAS, RTAS (on OS X), AU