TASCAM DR-40E Portable Digital Recorder
Portable & Field Recorders
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Portable field recorder with 4-track recording and two 2GB memory cards.
The TASCAM DR-40E has adjustable mics, four-track recording and extended battery life, to give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere.
The DR-40E captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room. A pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40E accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and comes wih two 2GB cards to get you started.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more - all with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface. Home or live recording is as simple as it gets with the TASCAM DR-40E.
- Handheld 4-track portable recorder
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR / 1/4" mic/line input with phantom power
- Record with the built-in microphones and XLR mic or line inputs for four-track recording
- Dual-recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40Hz/80Hz/120Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (two 2 GB cards included)
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U - not included), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA - not included), or USB bus power
- Optional RC-3F footswitch and RC-10 wired remote control (Not Included)
Record 4 quality tracks plus overdub anywhere at all. Order today!