A palm-sized, professional recorder with full-sized performance.
Meet the smallest addition to Sony's family of portable audio recorders: the PCM-M10 portable recorder is a palm-sized compact recording unit designed to be the perfect musician's tool for composing music, recording voice, instruments, practice sessions, and performances—even for use as a personal music player. This Linear PCM Recorder adopted many of its features and style from the highly acclaimed PCM-D50 recorder, including rugged construction, compact size, and a cool design. The digital recorder joins Sony's PCM-D1 and PCM-D50 models to form a comprehensive family of flexible and rugged portable field recorders for every professional sound application, including live sound, house of worship, theatrical, and broadcast journalism.
The PCM-M10 is designed to faithfully capture even the most subtle nuances of live performances and events. It is conveniently small in size but packs in many beneficial features: a five-second pre-record buffer, WAV and MP3 format record and play, USB port for easy uploads and downloads, Digital Pitch Control, and a MicroSD/Memory Stick Micro slot. Providing 24-bit/96kHz recording, a 4 GB built-in flash memory, user-friendly operation, and electret condenser stereo microphones, the PCM-M10 hand-held recorder is the ideal choice for making live musical, nature sounds, and field recordings.
"The PCM-M10 is ideal for budget-conscious professionals who still need high-quality sound capabilities," said Karl Kussmaul, senior product manager for professional audio at Sony Electronics. "Musicians will especially love its range of user-friendly features that can help inspire them to new levels of creativity."
Key features of the Sony PCM-M10 recorder include a built-in speaker, cross-memory recording, digital pitch control, digital limiter, low-cut filter, track mark functions, a 5-second pre-recording buffer and A-B repeat capability. The PCM-M10 comes supplied with Sound Forge Audio Studio Recorder Edition software.
The portable recorder includes a USB high-speed port for simple uploading and downloading of native WAV or MP3 format recorded files to and from Windows PC or Macintosh computers. The M10 offers durable metal construction and long battery life using conventional AA alkaline batteries.
- Built-in mics: 1
- Configuration: Stereo
- Type: Condenser (omni)
- External mic input: 3.5mm
- Bit rate: 16/24
- Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz
- Formats: WAV/MP3
- Headphone: 3.5mm
- Audio out: 3.5mm
- Type(s): Micro SD
- Capacity: 16GB
- Hard drive 4GB
- USB: Yes
- Number of tracks: 2 (stereo)
- Phantom power: Not applicable
- Auto limiter: Yes
- Width: 2.48"
- Depth: 4.55"
- Height: .85"
- Weight: 4.1oz
- Battery type: AA x 2
- Battery life (app.): 17 hours
- Built-in speaker: Yes
- Power supply: Included
PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder Specifications:
- Speaker: approximately 0.6" in diameter
- Microphone jack (minijack, stereo), input for
- plug in power:
- Input impedance: 22 kOhm
- Minimum input level: 0.9 mV
- Rated input level: 2.5 mV
- Line In jack (minijack, stereo):
- Input impedance: 22 kOhm
- Minimum input level: 500 mV
- Rated input level: 2 V
- Headphone/LINE OUT jack (minijack,
- Headphone mode:
- Load impedance: 16 Ohm
- Output level: 20 mW + 20 mW
- LINE OUT mode:
- Load impedance: 22 kOhm
- Rated output level: 1 Vrms
- USB connector: (mini-B jack, High-speed USB, Mass Storage Class)
- REMOTE jack
- DC IN 3V jack
- Memory Stick Micro (M2)/microSD memory card slot
- Playback speed control (DPC) +100% to -75% (LPCM/MP3/WMA/AAC-LC)
- Maximum power output: 250mW
- Power requirements:
- DC 3.0 V: When using the AC power adapter (supplied)
- DC 3.0 V: LR6 (size AA) alkaline batteries (supplied) (2)
- DC 2.4 V: NH-AA nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries (not supplied) (2)
- Operating temperature: (41 °F- 95 °F)
- Dimensions (not incl. projecting parts and controls): 4-1/2"H 7/8" D x 2-1/2" W
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Sony PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder:
I bought the Sony for recording practice sessions with my acoustic guitar and to record jamming with friends. The quality of the recorded sound is excellent. The M10 construction is top notch and included a remote to ensure a clean start-up when recording. I usually use my ear buds to listen, but it also easily hooks up to my iMac or receiver. I have only just scratched the surface of its capabilities, but it is one sophisicated unit. I like its small size and convenience. The batteries last a long time. Very pleased with its performance so far. If you are thinking about getting a digital recorder I highly recommend the M10. You won't be disappointed.