Korg MR-1 Mobile RecorderProduct #700878 Korg 700878 YBNC Portable & Field Recorders https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
Step up to 1-bit/2.8MHz digital recording — what goes in is what comes out with no math in between.
Future-proof digital recording is here! With the pristine fidelity and ultimate flexibility of 1-bit technology, the new, surprisingly affordable MR-1 sound recorder ensures that your location recordings and final masters are never obsolete. The hand-held MR-1 provides high-quality 1-bit/2.8 MHz recording and playback in a shirt-pocket portable package that is perfect for location recording, broadcast journalism, podcasting, live music performances — even for rehearsals and song-writing sessions. By recording in 1-bit/2.8 MHz format you are assured that your most important, once-in-a-lifetime moments are captured in stunning detail, and ready for whatever the future brings you. And back in the studio it also provides superb final mix and archiving benefits.
Powerful new software bundled with the Korg MR-1 recorder enables the conversion of your 1-bit recordings and mixes into all of today's audio formats without degradation. Best of all, by archiving your data in 1-bit format you're ready for the future, as playback systems and standards change.
Real world features
• The Korg MR-1 supports multiple recording formats including DSDIFF, DSF, and WSD 1-bit formats*, as well as multi-bit PCM format (BWF) with resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
• It features a 20GB internal hard drive, offering up to six hours of recording** at the highest audio quality (1-bit 2.8224 MHz stereo), or approximately 20 hours at CD quality (16-bit 44.1 kHz).
• High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity provides for fast and easy transfer of files between the recorder and your computer. The MR-1 runs on AC or long-life rechargeable lithium polymer battery.
• The maximum continuous recording time is approximately six hours when using an AC adapter.
• The ultra portable MR-1 digital recorder includes dual balanced mini plug inputs and a stereo mini plug output. It includes a stereo electret condenser mic so the unit can be tucked away and the mic clipped or placed in a convenient location. It features an intuitive, menu-driven interface featuring a large backlit LCD for superb visibility.
• A total of one thousand projects can be recorded in the MR-1, and file management functions such as Rename, Delete, and Protect can be easily applied to individual projects. Up to one hundred mark points can also be stored in each project.
• Recognizes a maximum of 200 projects for each format (WAV, DFF, DSF and WSD), max 1,000 projects
Free integrated software solution
The MR-1 comes with Korg's innovative and powerful AudioGate software for Mac and PC. AudioGate can convert 1-bit recordings into WAV and AIFF formats at various bit-rates (and vice versa) and offers real-time conversion and playback of 1-bit files using your computer's audio hardware.
It also does essential functions like DC offset removal, gain control, and fade in/out. The combination of the Korg MR-1 and this exclusive software makes the perfect system for both capturing and preserving your critical projects and source recordings. This archiving capability that had only been the domain of the major record companies and top studios is now available for everyone!
1-bit technology equals pristine fidelity
1-bit recording is the latest advancement in audio, and has been adopted for use in the critically acclaimed SACD recording format. It offers a frequency response of DC to 100 kHz (analog tape is 5Hz to 50kHz) and dynamic range of 120 dB. This uncompromising fidelity, low noise floor, extended dynamic range, lifelike imaging and analog quality depth has been praised by top experts. But there are other important advantages to the format that are of benefit to all recording professionals, regardless of their tracking platform.
Future proof flexibility
Today's state-of-the-art 24-bit converters use high-speed 1-bit conversion to capture audio, using real-time decimation and other processes to present the data in the desired bit depth/sample rate format. The beauty of the MR's bitstream format is that it uses the original 1-bit data, without the need for the other processes. What comes in comes out, with no manipulation needed.
As files are converted and reconverted between various bit depths and sampling rates, there are possibly degrading effects, depending on the sample rate conversion algorithms. The critical issue is that files mixed and mastered in today's state of the art resolution may be insufficient for tomorrow's formats. Archiving your final mixes and masters in a 1-bit system allows you to bypass these issues, and preserve your music with both the highest fidelity and in a more "universal" format. That data then can more easily be converted at a later date to the bit depth/sample rate format of your choice without compromising the integrity or fidelity of the data. You can even convert to newer formats that will be adopted in the future, be they multi-bit or a further migration to the 1-bit format.
DSF (DSD Stream File)
This is a DSD file format supported by some Sony "VAIO" personal computers (models with the "Sound Reality" engine) sold since September, 2005. This format is already supported by software such as "SonicStage Mastering StudioVer.2.0" and "DSD Direct," and it is expected that increasing numbers of software titles will support it in the future, including shareware and freeware.
WSD (Wideband Single-bit Data)
This is a 1-bit audio file format created by the "One-bit Audio Consortium." It accommodates all formats of one-bit audio data without limitation of channel number or sample rate. The "One-bit Audio Consortium" was established in 2001 with the goal of contributing to the advance of audio through research, development, and popularization of 1-bit audio technology, and its work is currently supported by more than 60 members.
- Number of Tracks: 2 tracks, 2-track recording/playback simultaneously
- Recording Formats: DSDIFF, DSF, WSD: 2.8224 MHz @ 1-bit WAV, BWF: 44.1 kHz @ 16/24-bit, 48 kHz @ 16/24-bit, 88.2 kHz @ 24-bit, 96 kHz @ 24-bit, 176.4 kHz @ 24-bit, 192 kHz @ 24-bit 44.1kHz/192kbps(playback 44.1kHz/32kbps-320kbps)
- Internal Hard Disk Drive: 20 GB
- Recording Time: max approx. 31 hours (44.1 kHz @ 16-bit, 2-track)
- Number of Projects: **Recognizes a maximum of 200 for each format, max 1,000 projects
- Mark Points: 100 points per a song (no mark name)
- USB Functions: USB2.0 supported, ability to use as FAT32 external USB drive
- Song Editing: rename, delete, protect
- Display: 160 x 104 dots LCD with backlight
- Dimensions: 64 (W) x 120 (D) x 24 (H) mm / 2.52" (W) x 4.72" (D) x 0.94" (H)
- Weight: 200 g (including battery)
- Power Supply: AC adapter, or internal rechargeable battery (lithium ion polymer)
- Current Consumption: 2.15 W
- Accessories: AC adapter (also operates as charger), carrying pouch, stereo mic (CM-2M), CD-ROM ("AudioGate" audio file conversion software)
MR-1 Mobile Recorder Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-20 kHz ± 1 dB @ fs 44.1/48kHz, 10 Hz-40 kHz ± 1 dB @ fs 88.2/96 kHz/176.4kHz/192 kHz, 10 Hz-100 kHz (1-Bit)
- S/N: 90 dB (typical) @ IHF-A INPUT-OUTPUT
- THD+N: 0.018% (typical) 20 Hz-20 kHz
- A/D Conversion: 2.8224MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- D/A Conversion: 2.8224MHz (1-bit), 24-bit (PCM)
- INPUT 1-2
- Connectors: mini phone jack (balanced)
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Nominal Level: LINE -6 dBV, MIC -39 dBV
- Maximum Level: LINE +6 dBV, MIC -27 dBV
- Connector: stereo mini phone jack
- Nominal Level: -6 dBV
- Maximum Level: +6 dBV
- Load Impedance: 10 kOhm or greater
- Connector: stereo mini phone jack
- Output Impedance: 16 ohms or greater
- Maximum Level: 40 mW + 40 mW @ 16 ohms
- Connector: Type B (mini)
- Format: USB 2.0 High-Speed device, USB mass storage class
- Included Items
- AC adapter (also operates as charger), Owner's Manual, protective case, stereo mic (CM-2M), clip stand, CD-ROM ("AudioGate" audio file conversion application)
- MP3 format support will be added in an upcoming free update. This system updater is expected be available in the middle of 2007 via KORG distributor's websites.
- System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows Me/2000 or later, Mac OS 9.0.4 or later
- Supported OS: Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Edition Service Pack 1 or later, Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later (Intel-based Mac supported)
- Supported Computers: [Windows] Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or faster [Macintosh] Apple G4 800 MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac supported)
- Memory: 256 MB or larger (512 MB or larger recommended)