THE MUSIC123“EVERYONE’S A CRITIC” CONTEST (“Contest”)2013 OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Music123, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362 (“Sponsor”). “Sponsors and their agents” shall mean Music123; its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies; its parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries; and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents. The Contest Administrator and Prize Provider for the Contest shall be Sponsor.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents in the 50 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees of Music123, Inc. and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PDT on June 18, 2013 and ends 11:59.59 p.m. PDT on August 7, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). To enter the Contest, go to music123.com, navigate on the Music123’s web pages to the particular product that you want to review, click on the “reviews” tab on the product’s webpage, click on “write a review”, log-in with your account (you may obtain a log-in account free of charge), you will be prompted to: (a) enter your email address and (b) submit a Review (as defined in the next sentence of this Paragraph 4) (collectively, an “Entry”). To be eligible, reviews must: (i) cover a product sold on music123.com, (ii) consist of no more than one thousand (1000) words, and (iii) not include offensive, abusive or libelous language (“Review”). Reviews will be evaluated by Music123 staff, each with knowledge and experience concerning the products sold on www.music123.com and consumer reviews, and the capability to evaluate Reviews and select the best Review (the “Evaluator”). The Evaluator will use the following criteria to judge the eligible Reviews: the quality of (a) your description of the product’s performance, (b) your description of how you have used the product, and (c) your overall evaluation of the product (“Criteria”). The Evaluator will give each of the Criteria equal weight. The Evaluator will select the best Review from eligible entrants submitted during the Contest Period, with runners up as necessary according to the terms of Section 5. There is no limit on number of Reviews submitted and each Review will constitute an Entry.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules including all submission and eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Contest is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: “Potential Winner” will be selected on or about September 7, 2013 from all eligible Entries by the Evaluator of the Contest, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants need not be present to win. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail ("Prize Notification") and he/she must provide by e mail and/or telephone within three (3) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), the Potential Winner’s full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"). The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If the Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, the Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received for the original Contest.
The Potential Winner is required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 tax form, a Liability/Publicity Release, and any additional documentation required by Sponsor (collectively, the "Contest Documents"). Once Sponsor receives the Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Contest Documents will be sent to the Potential Winner via either overnight mail or email. The Potential Winner (or, in the event that the Potential Winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Contest Documents within three (3) days of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor’s receipt of the signed Contest Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner the winner (“Winner”). Return of any Prize Notification or Contest Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the Contest, and Sponsor shall repeat the Winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 5 until a qualified Winner has been selected.
One (1) Grand Prize: One Winner will win the Grand Prize, which is one (1) Music123 Gift Certificate valued at five hundred dollars ($500.00), redeemable only for merchandise at Music123.com or at the Music123 call center (the “Prize”).
Total ARV: $500.00
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prizes will be determined at the Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. The Prizes are non-transferable. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning. The Prizes will be awarded. There is a limit of one prize per person. The Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of Winner, including but not limited to, purchases, service fees, personal expenses, insurance, taxes and other costs. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
All Reviews become the sole property of Sponsor and may be used at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to edit Reviews for length or clarity and to remove or alter any sensitive information or information that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines unsuitable for posting. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or refuse to post any Review for any reason. By submitting a Review, you acknowledge that you, not Sponsor, are responsible for the contents of your Review.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Contest or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For a winner’s list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Everyone’s a Critic" Contest, Winner's List, c/o Music123, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than February 10, 2014.
TM and © 2013 Music123, Inc. All rights reserved.
Music123 is the only Sponsor of this Contest. Various third parties are the suppliers of products offered on music123.com but are not co-sponsors of or affiliated with this Contest in any way.