Solid-body violin by Ned Steinberger is a breathtaking instrument available in 4 and 5-string models.
NS Design CR Series Electric Violin
Now available in the affordable CR Series, this breathtaking instrument is available in 4- and 5- string models. The NS Violin, designed by Ned Steinberger, has a remarkable tonal range due to its innovative Polar pickup system, which is able to selectively capture the string vibration favored for both bow and pizzicato technique with stunning brilliance and sensitivity. The violinist who prefers the elegant tone of a fine acoustic will not be disappointed, and for those who wish to explore new sonic territory, the sky is the limit. The solid-body NS Violin incorporates the familiar performance features of an acoustic instrument, including a removable body segment to provide the left-hand reference position of a traditional instrument. Traditional string spacing and scale length facilitate the transition from the acoustic instrument to the world of electronic music. Direct amplification and recording capabilities allow the violinist to experience something totally new, yet savor something very special.the timeless magic of the violin Solid Maple Body And Neck
The NS Violin is crafted of solid maple, with an elegant flame maple face. This lightweight solid-body design transfers the full spectrum of sound to the pickup without feedback, and is very stable even with changes in temperature and humidity. The ergonomic shoulder and chin rest provide comfortable, stable support, and a removable treble side bout is included for left hand position reference. The solid ebony fingerboard is hand graduated for consistent string articulation.Polar Pickup System
The NS Violin features the Polar bridge-mounted piezo pickup system. The Polar pickups can sense either vertical or lateral string vibration. Set in the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained. In the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow, with more attack when plucked. Attack and decay can be effectively controlled with the Polar pickup system.Active Electronics
The player can choose between two important tone qualities. The first position delivers the extended frequency response of modern low impedance electronics, for a full-blown "electric" sound. The alternate position activates electronic filters to replicate the frequency response of the traditional violin, for an "acoustic" sound. A three-way toggle switch allows the player to select the desired pickup and electronics options. Additional controls include volume and individual bass EQ and treble EQ controls.Precision Tuning Hardware
Remarkably precise and stable tuning is accomplished entirely behind the bridge in the manner similar to the fine tuners of an acoustic instrument. Standard violin strings are clamped securely as the string is tuned. No headstock scroll or tuners are required so the balance point of the instrument is back toward the shoulder for optimum playing comfort.
- Construction: Straight grain solid maple body and neck, with a flamed maple face on body
- Finish: Traditional amber stain with polymer topcoat
- Body reference bout: Black dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access
- Fingerboard: Fretless ebony
- Bridge: Maple. Integrated Polar piezo pickup system
- Strings: D'Addario Helicore
- Tuning machines: Precision 40:1 fine tuners mounted on the body behind the bridge. Automatic string clamping for quick, easy string changing. Patented tuning mechanism
- Pickup: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral or vertical string vibration. Piezo adjustment is accessible from the outside of instrument. A three-way toggle switch allows the player to select the desired pickup
- Shoulder rest: Ergonomic foam pad support is fully adjustable (up and down and tilt).
- Electronics, mixer, and controls: Active 9-volt preamp by EMG with an internal headphone amp circuit. Mono output jack.
- * Volume
- * Treble EQ
- * Bass EQ
- * Switch for Polar pickup
- * Up vertical string vibration (pizzicato)
- * Center horizontal string vibration for electric bowed sounds
Click or call to own this exqusitely designed and phenomenally versatile instrument. We guarantee your total satisfaction and lowest possible price.
CR4 4-String Electric Violin Specifications:
- Case: Aluminum edged plywood exterior with form fitting-custom foam lining interior, weight with violin in case 12 lbs.
Controls: Volume, bass EQ, treble EQ controls, and 3-way switch for Polar pickup
Dimensions: Length 21.25", Width 4.31",Thickness 2.56", Scale Length 13"
String Spacing (4-string): nut 4.02", bridge 1.31"
String Spacing (5-string): nut 5.05", bridge 1.75"
Strings: D'Addario Helicore strings are included
Weight: 1.59 lbs