Graph Tech Hexpander MIDI Interface Kit
Onboard Preamps & EQ
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
An affordable, modular hexaphonic pickup system featuring unparalleled tracking in an easy-to-install package.
The Graph Tech Hexpander interface adds MIDI capability to almost any guitar or bass. Plug your guitar into pitch-to-MIDI converters by Roland and Axon.
The principle behind the ghost Hexpander MIDI Interface System is simple but the results are truly amazing-an affordable, modular hexaphonic pickup system featuring unparalleled tracking in an easy-to-install package. The Hexpander MIDI interface features a proprietary harmonic damping system that results in tracking unequaled by any other system on the market today. It provides responsive and accurate triggering, no more dead spots, and no need to slow down your playing so that your system can keep up!
The Acousti-Phonic preamp and Hexpander MIDI Interface can both be used as stand-alone systems, or can "piggy-back" on each other for a complete set of features. Optional Plug-in-Switches allow you to flip between magnetic, acoustic or hex outputs, or blend the three for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities.
Graph Tech's exclusive Traktion switch modifies the tracking curve to optimize the hexaphonic output for your guitar, playing style, and MIDI-converter configuration. A design feature of the Graph Tech Hexpander MIDI interface, it is conveniently located beside the 13-pin output jack, so you can change it when you plug into different converters.
Some routing is needed to accommodate the Hexpander preamp and the 13-pin jack. Graph Tech recommends installation by a qualified technician.
The Graph Tech Hexpander MIDI interface does not require a battery because it draws power from the MIDI converter through the 13-pin connector.
Note: You will also need to order ghost Saddle Pickups or a ghost-loaded Bridge Assembly to complete your ghost system. Pickups are different for every type of guitar bridge, so they are always ordered separately from the ghost modules. Sold Separately.
- Fast, accurate tracking
- Low-latency design perfectly complements today's state of the art pitch-to-MIDI converters.
- Operates with the latest MIDI converters and Virtual Guitar systems: Roland GR33, GI-20, VG99, and V Bass, Axon AX-50, AX-100, and many more.
- Add the Ghost Acousti-Phonic preamp and/or optional switches at any time by simply plugging them in”no rewiring or soldering.
- Optional plug-in MIDI Volume, Momentary Up/Down Program Selector Switch (S1/S2) and QuickSwitch (MIDI/both/mag+acoustic) for an infinite palette of tonal possibilities
- Optional pin-7 wiring harness available for accessing a summed piezo signal
- The Hexpander does not require a battery because it draws power from the MIDI converter through the 13-pin connector.
- Note: You will also need to order ghost Saddle Pickups or a ghost-loaded Bridge Assembly to complete your ghost system. (Sold Separately)
Hexpander MIDI Interface Kit Specifications:
- BD-0440-00 Hexpander MIDI interface
BD-0540-00 13-pin Output Jack
BD-0515-00 13-pin Mounting Plate
BD-0512-00 Interface Wiring Harness
PE-0111-00 QuickSwitch for MIDI/both/guitar
PE-0180-00 Program Up/Down switch
PE-0181-00 Hexpander MIDI Volume Pot