Zoom R8 8-Track SD Recorder, Sampler & USB InterfaceSku #H74535000000000 Zoom H74535 YBNA Multitrack Recorders https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
8-track recorder, audio interface, DAW control surface, and sampler all-in-one.
There are times when you don’t want to get bogged down with computers, software and other creative roadblocks, when all you really want to do is record and mix a quick demo for promotional or personal reference. That’s where scaled-down, ultra-portable music production systems like the Zoom R8 make the most impact in your studio or on the road. Not only does the R8 offer 2-track recording with 8-track simultaneous playback, but you also get an 8-voice/8-pad sampler, 500MB of drum loops, built-in rhythm machine, built-in stereo microphones, DSP effects, and a built-in audio interface with control surface capabilities for the times that you do want to sync the R8 with your computer and host DAW.
With 2-track simultaneous recording and 8-track playback, the R8 is the perfect tool for capturing audio on-the-go. Record live music performances, rehearsals, songwriting sessions or even audio for film and video. Playback up to eight tracks of audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz resolution as WAV files. If you make a mistake, use the Undo/Redo function to cancel the last recording operation and restore the previous state. You can even mix down completed songs inside the R8 and save a mix for each project.
When combined with your computer, the R8 becomes a powerful audio interface. Connect the R8 to your computer via USB, launch your favorite DAW or use the included Cubase LE software and start laying down your tracks. Simultaneous 2-in/2-out capability allows you to record up to 24-bit/96kHz high definition audio. If you use the 44.1kHz sampling rate, the internal DSP effects of the R8 are also available for your computer tracks. A dedicated control lets you adjust the mixing balance between the DAW playback sound and the direct sound for monitoring.
The R8 can be used as a control surface for DAW transport functions (play, record, stop) and mixing operations. Through a USB connection, you can control the transport and mixing functions of major DAWs such as Cubase, Logic, and Sonar from the R8. In addition, you can easily move multiple faders at the same time. No more mixing with a mouse! The R8 makes mixing a pleasure.
The built-in, 8-voice/8 pad sampler functions allow you to loop audio data on any track. You can play the pads in realtime and combine loops to create a performance for an entire song. When setting loop intervals, you can see the waveforms for visual confirmation. Time-stretching, which allows you to change the tempo without changing the pitch, and trimming the unneeded parts of loops, is also possible. You can use the sampler and recorder functions together seamlessly to play back loop tracks while recording instrumental performances on other tracks.
500 MB of drum loops inside
The included 2GB SD card contains 500 MB of drum loops from Big Fish Audio, one of the top producers of sample libraries. With an emphasis on rock, the collection of standard drum phrases can be used to create professional-sounding rhythm tracks just by lining them up.
Create your own beats with the powerful rhythm machine
The R8’s rhythm machine includes 10 types of drum kits that use linear PCM audio samples. Use the touch-sensitive drum pads to program up to 511 of your own beats, and use the rhythm patterns that you create just like audio loops. Use the R8’s pads to start playback of patterns and use the R8’s sequencer to arrange them into songs. You can start fast with the 472 preset patterns, which include intros, fills, endings, and other phrase variations.
Built-in stereo microphones
The built-in high-sensitivity stereo microphones are convenient for recording sketches of musical phrases and melodies as they come to mind. Use these mics for clear recordings of vocals and acoustic instruments.
Supports SDHC cards with capacities of up to 32GB
The R8 uses compact and readily available SD and SDHC memory cards as recording media. Unlike tape and disk recorders, this unit has no motor, making it more resistant to physical interference and concerns about mechanical noise.
Locate functions make editing easier
Set up to 100 markers and directly move to them whenever you want. Also, use the A-B repeat function to play or re-record a designated interval and use auto punch-in and punch-out for efficient editing.
Rapid file transfer with Hi-Speed USB 2.0
The R8’s Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port allows WAV-format audio files recorded on the R8 to be sent to a computer smoothly and rapidly. Use the R8 with a computer for additional music production, including editing with DAW software, creating original CDs and importing WAV files.
Tuner and metronome functions
The R8’s built-in tuner is great for quickly tuning instruments and checking vocal pitch. The metronome can provide a click track for a drummer during recording and is also useful in practice settings. The metronome can also be sent to just the headphones. This allows you to play along to backing tracks previously recorded on the R8.
Powered by an AC adapter, batteries or USB bus power
Power options provide flexibility for different situations. Power the R8 on its own in one of two ways—with the included AC adapter or four alkaline AA batteries (not included). The R8 operates for over 5 hours on batteries, plenty of time for most field recordings. When using the audio interface or control surface functions, the R8 can be powered by the computer’s USB bus.
Easy hands-free operation
Using a ZOOM FS01 footswitch (sold separately), you can control the recorder transport (play, stop, rewind), punch-in for recording and change effect patches with your foot. With the R8, you can easily record without ever taking your hands off your guitar.
Steinberg Cubase LE DAW software included
Cubase LE is powerful music production software for recording, editing, and mixing both audio and MIDI tracks. Cubase LE uses an audio engine that is equivalent to software that has received numerous awards and is an ideal introduction to computer-based music production.
- Simultaneous 2-track recording and 8-track playback
- 2x2 USB audio interface
- Control surface compatible with most DAW software
- 8-voice sampler with 8 pads
- 500MB of drum loops from Big Fish Audio
- Built-in rhythm machine lets you create you own beats
- Built-in, high-sensitivity stereo microphones
- Over 140 DSP effects including guitar and amp models
- Supports SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Locate function with 100 markers to make editing easier
- Rapid file transfer with high-speed USB
- Versatile inputs for guitars, mics, and line sources
- Tuner and metronome functions
- Powered by AC adapter, batteries (not included), or USB
- Easy hands-free operation with optional ZOOM FS01 footswitch (sold separately)
- Includes Cubase LE DAW software
Get all the recording functions and DAW control you need in one compact unit. Order your Zoom R8 today!
R8 8-Track SD Recorder, Sampler & USB Interface Specifications:
- R8 Audio Interface System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3 or later/Vista SP1 or later/7
- Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz or better
- RAM1GB or more
- USB2.0 compatible port
- Intel Mac:
- OS X 10.5.8/10.6.5 or later
- Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or better
- RAM1GB or more
- USB2.0 compatible port
- * USB hub is not supported. * Intel Chipset is recommended.
- Physical tracks: 8
- Simultaneous recording tracks: 2
- Simultaneous playback tracks: 8
- Recording data format: 16-24bit/44.1-48kHz WAV
- Maximum recordable time: 200 minutes / GB (44.1kHz 16-bit, mono tracks)
- Projects: 1,000
- Markers: 100 / Project
- Locator: Hours / Min. / Sec. / msec or Bars / Beats / Ticks
- File editing: Divide, trim
- Other Functions: Punch-in/out (manual, automatic), bounce, marker, A-B repeat, undo / redo, metronome
- Audio interface
- Input Channels: 2
- Output Channels: 2
- Quantization: 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Faders: 9
- Level Meters: 19-step LCD, post-fader
- Track Parameters: 3-band equalizer, pan (balance), effect send x 2, invert
- Stereo links track pairs: 1/2 to 7/8 selectable
- Algorithms: 8 (clean, distortion, acoustic/bass sim, bass, mic, dual mic stereo, mastering）
- Types: 146
- Modules: 7 for Insert, 2 for Send / Return
- Patches: 310 for Insert, 60 for Send / Return
- Tuner: Chromatic, guitar, bass, open A/D/E/G, D modal
- Playback Data Format: 16-24bit/44.1-48kHz WAV
- Voices: 8
- Editing functions: Trim, time-stretch
- Rhythm voices: 8
- Sound format: 16-bit Linear PCM
- Drum kits: 10
- Pads: 8 (velocity-sensitive)
- Precision: 48PPQN
- Rhythm patterns: 511/project
- Patterns: 511 (472 factory, 39 blank) / Project
- Beat: 1/4－8/4
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- Recording media: SD card (16MB-2GB), SDHC card (4-32GB)
- A/D conversion: 24-bit/96kHz, delta-sigma ADC
- D/A conversion: 24-bit/96kHz, delta-sigma DAC
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel LCD (with backlight)
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4'' phone combo jack / Input impedance: (balanced input) 1k ohm balanced, 2nd hot, (unbalanced input) 50k ohm unbalanced, (Hi-Z input) 470k ohm / Input level: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable
- Built-in microphones: Omnidirectional condenser microphones / Gain: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable
- Phantom power supply: 48V, 24V
- Master output: 1/4" TRS phone (balanced) / Output impedance: 1k ohm / Rated output level: +4dBm
- Headphone output: 1/4'' stereo phone jack, 20mW x 2 (at 32 ohm load)
- USB: Mini-B type (USB2.0 high-speed compatible) audio interface / control surface or mass storage class operation
- Power requirements: AC adapter (DC5V/1A/center positive) or 4 AA size (LR6) batteries (not included)
- Battery life: 5.5 hours (with backlight on and phantom power off)
- Dimensions: 10-1/8"(W) x 2"(H) x 7-1/2"(D) (257 x 190 x 51 mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lb. (780g) without batteries
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Zoom R8 8-Track SD Recorder, Sampler & USB Interface:
Lots of bang for your buck. A bit of a learning curve at first. Onboard effects are nice. Sound quality is nice and clear. Compact yet durable construction. Display could be larger.