TASCAM DR-680 Solid State 8 Track Location Recorder
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
8-track, 24-bit/96kHz capture for live, location, and surround recordings.
TASCAM's DR-680 brings multichannel portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings. The TASCAM recorder enables you to record up to 8 tracks to solid state SD card media at 24-bit/96kHz Broadcast WAV quality. 6 mic inputs provide phantom power and 60dB of gain for great-sounding recordings with your condenser microphones. Record the 6 microphones along with a digital S/PDIF source for 8-track recording. Each mic input on this portable recorder has a selectable low cut filter and analog limiter for optimal sound.
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the 6 mics for quick stereo playback of the event. The TASCAM DR-680 recorder even a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
In addition to WAV recording up to 96kHz, the TASCAM DR-680 portable recorder captures stereo audio at 24-bit/192kHz for audiophile-quality masters. The DR-680 records up to 4 channels of MP3 audio for web-ready recordings. 2 of the multitrack recorders can be connected with a cascade cable for up to 14-track recording on battery power.
The optional, weather-resistant CS-DR680 case (sold separately) prepares your TASCAM DR-680 for recording in the field, with Velcro straps that reveal only what's needed during recording.
- 8-track portable recording
- Record 8 individual inputs or 6 inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 24-bit/192kHz recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running 2 units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128 x 64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
Lay down up to 8 tracks wherever you are!
DR-680 Solid State 8 Track Location Recorder Specifications:
- 6 mic pres with 60dB of gain and phantom power 4 XLR/1/4" (combi) mic/line inputs and 2 TRS 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Low-cut filter and limiter on each input
- 6 RCA unbalanced line outputs
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- USB 2.0 (mini B) connection for computer
- Built-in speaker
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Included accessories: PS-1225L power supply, shoulder strap
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 7.95" x 2.12" x 6.93" (202mm x 54mm x 176mm)
- Weight 2.65lb. (1.2kg) without batteries