Four rocking music creation software titles to create great music at home.
Are you a rock-and-roll DIY kind of person? Looking to record some tracks but don't have money for studio time? The Rock and Roll Software Package was made just for you. It includes Steinberg's Cubase Elements 6, Music Lab's RealGuitarLPC, Slate Digital's Steven Slate Drums SSD4 EX Virtual Instrument, and Big Fish Audio's VI.One Virtual Software to give you all the tools you need to make high-quality music on your home computer.
Cubase Elements 6
With its comprehensive tools for composing, recording, editing, and mixing, Cubase Elements 6 is the most desirable entryway to the world of Cubase. This eminently powerful collection of quality instruments and effects modifies your PC and Mac computer into your personal music production system for crafting compositions to minute detail, making studio-grade recordings for band practices as well as everything in between. And, with the same professional user interface and award-winning audio engine as in Steinberg’s Cubase 6 flagship, the Elements version boasts all the tools of the trade at an irresistible price.
At the heart of MIDI sequencing in Cubase Elements 6 is the Key Editor: a breathtakingly powerful, yet transparent, tool which offers functional wealth that opens up virtually limitless possibilities for songwriters and composers. This is where melodies, chords, arrangements, and performances take shape, and where ideas are sketched out, developed and taken to their full potential. Entering, cutting, moving, and transposing individual notes or whole chords, editing any of the hundreds of MIDI parameters available or reworking even the most subtle nuances of a MIDI performance are just some of the tasks for which the Key Editor has been developed and refined continuously by Steinberg for over two decades. The Key Editor’s Inspector provides smooth and intuitive access to the most important MIDI tools and functions, including Quantize, Transpose, Length, and many more in one central spot.
Mix Like Professionals
With 24 physical inputs and outputs, 8 insert effect slots per channel, 8 FX send and return channels, as well as 16 groups/busses and an unrivaled routing between audio channels, busses, groups, and FX returns mean that Cubase Elements 6 is fully equipped to master even demanding situations, like the recording of a whole band. The system-wide automatic latency compensation synchronizes all audio streams in your system automatically.
The Score Editor
The Score Editor in Cubase Elements 6 is a streamlined and simplified, yet powerful notation environment derived from bigger Cubase versions. Completely integrated within Cubase Essential, the Score Editor lets you view and edit music in the form of scores. A few clicks are all it takes to adapt the view to show recorded MIDI performances correctly and print them on demand for others including soloists, orchestras, and choirs. Handy functions such as display quantization and transposition make this task even easier.
The Cubase Sample Editor offers creative freedom while editing audio. A full editing toolset provides a huge range of functions that not only cover common editing tasks right down to the sample level. The loop functions are a boon for anyone using loops in their project, including fully automatic hit-point recognition and excellent beat-slicing.
Innovative Instruments that put creativity first
Cubase Elements 6 delivers three exceptional rich virtual instruments right out of the box. Over 550 mind-blowing presets spanning across the HALion Sonic SE virtual instrument, the Prologue synthesizer, and the MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine
HALion Sonic SE
HALion Sonic SE is a streamlined version of HALion Sonic, Steinberg’s premier VST workstation. Incorporating the same pristine audio and synth engine as its award-winning brother, HALion Sonic SE offers tight integration with Cubase Elements 6 and production-ready sounds and instruments that will truly inspire your creative work. Equipped with detailed acoustic instruments and brilliant synthesizers, the SE version is an extensive pool of sounds for everyday studio work. Intuitive handling, instant playability and VST 3.5 support make this new instrument the perfect choice for productive songwriting or just playing along.
Groove Agent ONE
Groove Agent ONE pairs powerful drum sampling with detailed sound shaping — seamlessly integrated into Cubase. Not only does it boast sliced loop and MPC-import, but rocks right out of the box with its own custom library of only the finest acoustic, urban, hip-hop, and dance drum kits. Each of its virtual pads features a complete sound processing section that gives full control of textures, timbres, and expressive qualities of each drum sound. Creation of custom kits with drag-and-drop from the MediaBay allows an extremely fluid and easy workflow.
Prologue is a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer with great sounding multi-mode variable resonance filters, powerful modulation capabilities, and cranking onboard effects. Powered by VirSyn technology, this punchy virtual analog synthesizer is fed by hundreds of great-sounding presets covering a wide range of sounds reaching from traditional analog to indescribable.
Add outstanding effects to your music
Cubase Elements 6 comes with an impressive arsenal of high-quality VST effect processors, including EQ, Dynamics, Modulation, Reverb, Filters, Distortion, and special effects. Cubase Elements 6 offers a total of 33 realtime audio effects right out of the box. Each comes with great-sounding presets, which really allow experiencing the excellent quality of these effects from the first moment on. They include:
Standard Channel EQ
MediaBay - Database for Sound Management
To keep up with the ever-growing number of sounds, samples, loops, and presets, Cubase Elements 6 is equipped with a powerful media file management system known as MediaBay. MediaBay is the central place for browsing, searching, managing, and categorizing any type of media file. This includes audio and MIDI files, instrument, and plug-in presets, video data, and even project files.
A user-friendly musical category search system helps finding sounds or loops fast. A Scope section features previewing options. Loops can be auditioned in the song’s tempo and conveniently imported using drag-and-drop.
On-the-fly Pitch Correction
Designed for vocal and solo instrument recordings, the new PitchCorrect VST 3 plug-in brings easy-and-automatic intonation control and scale correction of vocal- and monophonic-instrument recordings to Cubase. PitchCorrect is based on the acclaimed Yamaha Pitch Fix technology and constantly detects the pitch of the input material and immediately corrects it to match to the closest pitch of a user-specified scale, including minor, major, chromatic, and custom scales.
AmpSimulator is a great sounding guitar amp and speaker simulation for quickly laying down guitar tracks without additional equipment. It features various amp and cabinet models to choose from and is also working fine for giving the bass an extra punch.
The Project Assistant
The Project Assistant provides a wealth of ready-made templates for different styles and scopes like recording, mixing, producing, and mastering. The templates contain the number of channels, effects, dynamics, amp simulators and channel inserts — tailored to your particular needs. Creating customized user templates and integrating those into the Launch browser makes recording with a DAW software and audio interface just that easy. Start up Cubase Elements, go to Project Assistant, and select a template from the list. A new project is created with the necessary number of tracks, audio input, and output routings, all effects, amp simulator, sounds, and much more. Thanks to this assistant, initializing a Cubase Project from scratch even saves professionals a lot of time — and as we all know, time is money.
The long-awaited RealLPC is a sample-based virtual guitar instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar techniques emulating on a standard MIDI keyboard that brings the incomparable Les Paul Custom Guitar sound to your studio.
Gibson's Les Paul Custom, a higher end variation of the Gibson Les Paul guitar has been used by the majority of world famous musicians, spanning generations and genres, such as Wes Montgomery, Al Di Meola, Pat Metheny, Chuck Berry, Jeff Beck, Peter Frampton, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, B.B.King, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, Gary Moore, Eddie Van Halen, Lenny Kravitz, and many others.
RealLPC provides incredible playability based on the unique performance modes and easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. RealLPC covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on their Les Paul, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, and much more.
High-quality dry samples recorded directly from Les Paul Custom pick-ups let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favorite amplifier simulator.
Some RealLPC innovations you'll enjoy:
•Multichannel layering technology, incorporating a custom library of specially recorded samples taken from every fret of all 6 strings of a real guitar
•The unique Floating Fret Position technology, which imitates change of fret position of a guitarist's hand on the neck, gives you the possibility of playing on up to 140 guitar frets using just 46 keys of a standard keyboard
•Guitar Touch technology letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc.), using standard MIDI keyboard and MIDI controllers, such as Pitch Bender, Modulation Wheel, Sustain Pedal, Aftertouch
•Sound Humanize technology allowing to wholly reduce 'machine gun' effect on note repetition (tremolo, strumming, plucking, etc.)
•RealLPC is equipped with powerful Pattern Manager containing complete MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library for easily creating guitar accompaniment tracks—all you have to do is to find the appropriate rhythm pattern[s] in the Pattern Manager tree view, copy it to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.
RealLPC Bonus Software
RealLPC ships with IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 DUO software. AmpliTube 2 DUO is a special limited version of AmpliTube 2, which is a complete guitar amp modeling solution and effects powerhouse with ultra accurate models of the most sought after gear.
SSD4 EX Virtual Instrument
At the heart of Steven Slate Drums 4.0 or SSD4 is the SSD Player, a state of the art Mac/PC (VST, RTAS, AU) drum sampler built from the ground up by Slate Digital's award winning development team. The SSD Player is extremely easy and intuitive to use. Loading kits, customizing kits, mixing kits, loading and auditioning MIDI grooves, customizing MIDI maps, and routing discretely to your workstation are easy with the SSD Player. It even lets you load your own drum samples to mix in with the Slate drum kits.
New in 4.0 are the DELUXE series kits, which were recorded with extreme precision, resulting in a remarkably natural playability. In SSD4 EX, you'll also find Rock, Metal, Vintage, Indie, and Funk Deluxe drum kits.
SSD4 EX additionally brings back the classic Slate "Mix Ready" kits, but all reprogrammed for better sound, response, and realism. Included in these classic kits is the famous "Old Zep" kit, a drum kit recorded in a stone castle that models the classic Led Zeppelin sound.
SSD4 brings a brand new cymbal pack from Soultone Cymbals. These custom Turkish cymbals are some of the best sounding in the world. From the dark VINTAGE series to the bright and shimmery EXTREME series, these cymbals give the drum kits the ultimate brass accompaniment.
SSD4 EX also has one new Dance genre kit designed by producer Griffin Boice. This kit was processed with boutique analog gear to provide the fat, radio-ready sound you'll want for your dance mixes.
VI.ONE Virtual Instrument Software
Consider Big Fish Audio VI.ONE Virtual Instrument Software a major upgrade to your studio. Vir2 Instruments' VI.ONE is a massive multi-disc sample library encompassing over 2000 instruments, kits, and other sound effects, and is designed to be of maximum usability to musicians across a wide span of musical genres. The digital sound library is packed to the brim with drums including hundreds of different kits, and drum loops; basses including acoustic, upright, and electric; plus world and ethnic instruments organized by geographic regions; sound effects; acoustic and electric guitars; keyboards; a full collection of orchestral instruments; screaming B3 organs; world-class acoustic pianos, prepared pianos, electric/synth pianos; pop horns and brass, a bank of vintage synths, and cutting-edge synth patches. Covering every musical style in the world, Big Fish Audio VI.ONE is a premium, versatile, and gigantic sound palette.
VI.ONE virtual instrument library is powered by the KONTAKT Player 2 engine. You get instant access to the sounds via the standalone application, as well as having access within sequencers via every major plug-in format: AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, and DXi.
- Based on proven Cubase technology used by professionals around the world
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing and fully automatic delay compensation
- Supports up to 64 MIDI and 48 audio tracks simultaneously in DVD quality (24-bit/96 kHz)
- Includes outstanding virtual instruments: HALion Sonic SE workstation, MPC-style Groove Agent ONE drum machine, Prologue synthesizer
- Comes ready with 33 audio effect processors, including PitchCorrect for vocal intonation correction and the great-sounding AmpSimulator
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel
- Performance modes:
- Solo, Harmony, Chords, Bass&Chord, Bass&Pick, Direct
- Full length (recorded with full attack and sustain)
- Muted (fret hand mute)
- Bridge Mute (palm mute)
- Harmonics (Artificial)
- Pinch Harmonics
- Pick position select (15 points)
- Pick Noise (adjustable level)
- Fret Noise (auto)
- Release Noise (auto)
- Up/Down strokes
- Hammer-On (up to octave range)
- Pull-Off (up to octave range)
- Hammer-On with Pull-Off on key release (up to octave range)
- Slide Legato Up/Down (up to octave range)
- Slide Auto Up/Down (up to 2-octave range, speed adjustable)
- Tremolo(up/down strokes, speed adjustable, tempo sync)
- Trill (up to octave range, speed adjustable, tempo sync)
- Bend auto (range, speed adjustable)
- Reverse Bend auto (range, speed adjustable)
- MonoBend (Unison Bend, lower string bend)
- Intervals (4th, 5th, Octave, 2 Octaves, Power Chords, etc.)
- Strums Up/Down
- Muted Strums Up/Down
- Slow Strums Up/Down
- Chucka-Chucka (barre chords muted) Up/Down, various string combinations
- Strum Speed adjustable
- Strum layers (string groups) control
- Number of strings used in strums adjustable
- Violining (volume swell)
- Sustainer (sound swell)
- FeedBacker(harmonic feedback)
- Wah-Wah (MIDI CC control, Auto, Modulation)
- Key Switches (Solo mode):
- 30 FXs assignable on 33 Keys
- Toggle/temporary switch modes
- Custom Key Switch presets (save/load)
- Chord detect/construct system:
- 1-4 note piano chords to 6-voice guitar chords realtime translation
- 26 chord types recognition, including 7th, 9th, and altered chords, played in any inversion and voicing
- 4 chord positions along the fretboard
- Slash Bass Chords option allows to perform major/minor triads with any note in the bass
- About 2000 instant guitar chord shapes
- Pattern Manager:
- Built-in multi-functional Pattern Manager letting you in no time create professionally sounding guitar accompaniment tracks
- MusicLab Guitar Pattern Library (1250 rhythm patterns covering a wide range of music styles)
- Pattern Tree view, allowing to find/select rhythm patterns right from RealLPC
- Pattern view, graphically presenting guitar 'Strokes' contained in the current rhythm pattern
- Auditioning selected pattern by simply pressing chord on the external keyboard without starting your host sequencer
- Total synchronization with host's tempo, start/stop, beats, loop, time signature
- Drag-and-drop selected pattern from Pattern window right to your host's MIDI track
- Realtime pattern arranging (dramatic changing pattern performance on the fly):
- Add/reduce dynamics (velo+)
- Randomize dynamics
- Apply velocity of trigger chord to pattern dynamics
- Continuous dynamics changes (± velocity assigned to Pitch Bender controller)
- Operates as a virtual instrument software plug-in in all major hosts like Logic, Cubase, Digital Performer, Sonar
- Works as a Standalone module
- Includes IK Amplitube 2 DUO software
- 25 preset drumkits
- New SSD Player (Mac/PC VST/RTAS/AU)
- New Deluxe Series Kits
- Includes SSD "Mix Ready" Classic Kits and Old Zep kit
- New Soultone Cymbals
- 1 Dance Kit
- Over 2000 patches of instruments spanning many instrument families
- 21GB core library of samples
- Optimized onscreen EQ and reverb controls
- Remote control of various sonic parameters available via MIDI CC
- Multitimbral operation, supporting up to 64 simultaneous instruments loaded (subject to RAM availability), receiving up to 64 MIDI channels (16 in plug-in mode)
- General MIDI compatible
- KONTAKT Player 2 engine, supporting standalone operation as well as plug-in operation in all major hosts that support AudioUnit, VST, RTAS, or DXi plug-ins
- Hip Hop
- Lo Fi and Ambient
- Pop and Rock
- Drum Loops:
- Hip Hop
- Ethnic and World:
- Middle East
- South America
- General MIDI
- Steel String
- Brit Clean
- Cali Crunch
- Orchestral - Brass:
- Bass Trombone
- Brass Ensemble
- Brass Quintet
- French Horn
- Piccolo Trumpet
- Orchestral - Harp
- Orchestral - Percussion:
- Orchestral - Strings:
- Cello Section
- Cello Solo
- Contrabass Section
- Contrabass Solo
- String Orchestra
- String Quartet
- Viola Section
- Viola Solo
- Violin Section
- Violin Solo
- Orchestral - Woodwinds:
- Bass Clarinet
- Bass Oboe
- English Horn
- Oboe D'Amore
- Vox Continental
- Acoustic Pianos
- Prepared Pianos (including John Cage)
- Electric Pianos
- Synth Pianos
- Pop Horns and Brass:
- Modern Synths
- Vintage Synths:
- Crumar Bit 01
- Jupiter 8
- Korg DW800
- Moog Taurus
- Oberheim Matrix 12, OB8, OBX-A
- Oxford OSCar
- Roland Juno-106, JX3P, JX8P, TB303
- Sequential Circuits
Hours and hours of musical inspiration to make your musical dreams reality. Order today!
Rock and Roll Software Package Specifications:
- Cubase Elements 6
- Minimum System Requirements
- Windows 7
- Intel or AMD dual core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
- Windows compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)
- 8GB of free HD space
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- Internet connection for license activation
- Mac OS X Version 10.6
- Intel dual core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
- CoreAudio compatible audio hardware
- 8GB of free HD space
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- Internet connection for license activationfor license activation
- System Requirements
- 1GB RAM (2GB+ recommended), 2GB+ free hard drive space
- PC: Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista SP2/Windows 7, Pentium 4 2GHz+ (Intel Core 2 Duo recommended), VST 2/DXi host
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6, G4/G5 1GHz+ (Intel Core 2 Duo recommended), VST 2/AU host
- RTAS support is available in ProTools 6/7/8 via FXpansion's VST to RTAS adapter 1/2
- Steven Slate Drums SSD4 EX Virtual Instrument
- System Requirements
- Mac: OS 10.5.x, Intel Processor, 4GB RAM - samples must be on at least a 5400 RPM hard drive, eSATA, Firewire 800 recommended
- PC: Windows XP SP2, Dual core Processor or Higher, 4GB RAM - samples must be on at least a 5400 RPM hard drive, eSATA, Firewire 800 recommended
- VI.One Virtual Insturment Compatibility
- Digital Performer