A supercardioid capsule for the versatile Shure 181 mic.
The Shure Beta RPM181/S is a supercardioid capsule for the versatile Shure Beta 181 microphone. The Beta RPM181/S capsule is ideal for snare drums, acoustic instruments, and any other close-miking applications.
The Shure Beta 181 (sold separately) is a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). It has a small diaphragm design that provides superior audio with textbook polar responses in a form factor compact enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions.
There are four different capsules available for the Beta 181 microphone: Cardioid (RPM181/C), Supercardioid (RPM181/S), Bi-directional (RPM181/BI), Omni-directional (RPM181/O). This makes the Beta 181 an extremely versatile and cost-effective mic that allows the user to interchange capsules according to the application. (Additional capsules sold separately).
- A supercardioid capsule for the Shure Beta 181 mic
- Ideal for snare drums, acoustic instruments, and any other close-miking applications.
Expand the functionality of your Beta 181 mic.
RPM181/S Supercardioid Capsule for Beta 181 Specifications:
- Cartridge Type: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 110 Ω
- Sensitivity (open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical: –49.5 dBV/Pa (2.5 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- 2500 Ω load: 154.5 dB SPL
- 1000 Ω load: 152.0 dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 71.5 dB
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Ω load: 132.0 dB
- 1000 Ω load: 129.5 dB
- Clipping Level @ 1 kHz, 1% THD:
- 2500 Ω load: 10.5 dBV
- 1000 Ω load: 7.5 dBV
- Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted, typical): 22.5 dB SPL-A
- Common Mode Rejection (20 to 20,000 kHz): ±55 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Power Requirements 11–52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938): 2.4 mA, maximum
- Capsule width: 1.36" (34.54mm)