Martin HD-28VE Acoustic-Electric Guitar
6 String Acoustic Guitars
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Vintage Series dreadnought discreetly updated for acoustic-electric capability.
The HD-28VE Acoustic-Electric Guitar is an update of one of the sweetest-sounding guitars in the Martin stable. It has all the same features as the original with the Fishman Ellipse Blend amplification system ingeniously mounted inside the soundhole to maintain the classic HD-28 lines while delivering electric amplification functions. The flexible soundhole-mount condenser mini-microphone has volume, blend, and phase controls for maximum tone-shaping flexibility.
The solid Sitka spruce top, solid Indian rosewood body, modified V-shape mahogany neck, herringbone trim, and prewar forward-shifted bracing produce the treasured tone and playability that made the original a classic. Part of Martin's Vintage Series, the HD-28VE Acoustic-Electric features ivoroid binding, HD zigzag purfling, ebony fretboard, vintage-style open tuners, and ebony bridge with long saddle. Includes case.
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- D-OMLE forward-shifted scalloped 5/16" X-bracing
- Style 28 inlay rosette
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides
- HD Zig Zag back purfling
- Grained ivoroid endpiece
- Black/white Boltaron endpiece inlay
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Bold herringbone top inlay
- Black/white Boltaron back inlay
- Genuine mahogany neck
- Mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint construction
- Modified V neck shape
- Bone nut
- Solid/diamond/tapered headstock shape
- Solid Indian rosewood headplate
- Grained ivoroid heelcap
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
- 20 frets
- 25-2/5" scale
- Neck/body joint at 14th fret
- 1-11/16'' nut width
- Diamonds and squares long pattern fretboard inlays
- Solid black ebony bridge
- Vintage style belly drop-in long saddle bridge
- 2-1/8'' string spacing at bridge
- Long white Tusq bridge saddle
- Nickel open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs
- White bridge and end pins w/tortoise dots
- Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze strings (recommended)
- Tortoise color/beveled and polished pickguard
- Polished gloss/dark filler body finish
- Polished gloss/aging toner top finish
- Semi-gloss/dark mahogany stain/dark filler neck finish
You'll never be sorry you snapped this one up. Get it and play a Martin, man.
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin HD-28VE Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
I have nothing but glowing praise to say about this guitar. It's an American made standard for all acoustic guitar dreadnoughts. The workmanship is flawless, the sound has that rich sonority that is the mark of a Martin and all that I ask for from it. The action is just the way I like it. Intonation spot on. These are all traits common to HD28s in general. The Geib style hardshell case is also as good as it gets. Rock solid and classic. The Fishman Ellipse blend mic/pickup is the unique item for the VE and I'm very happy with it too, though I've only had one gig with it so far. There were plenty of compliments from the audience on the sound. I also have a Fishman Rare Earth Blend that I use on other guitars, and I'm very happy with that. The Ellipse is a little different in that it combines an undersaddle pickup with the mic, whereas the Rare Earth blends the mic with a magnetic pickup. I found that with the proper balance both produce a very natural tone and reflect the sonic assets of the guitar. I waited a long time for this guitar before I could afford one, and it was worth the wait. I won't ever let it go!