Yamaha S90XS 88-Key Balanced Weighted Hammer Action SynthesizerProduct #620709 Yamaha 620709 CB Synthesizers https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
Superior sound, control, and playability optimized for the performer.
The Yamaha S90 XS Music Synthesizer is an exceptional keyboard for performing and creating. It's a realistic, naturally expressive synth with a true piano sound. Its highlights include convenient, realtime controls for adjusting the sound as you play, the ability to record audio to USB memory, extensive computer music features, ease of use, and compact size and portability. The Yamaha S90 XS is designed specifically for players who want high-quality piano sounds and expressions; casual players and hobby musicians will appreciate the synthesizer's exquisite sounds, advanced features, and superb playability just as much as professional artists.
Sounds that satisfy
The S Series features all the voices, performances, arpeggios, and virtual circuit modeling effects found on Yamaha's flagship Motif XS Music Production Synthesizer. The S90 XS adds a huge 142 megabytes dedicated exclusively to high-quality piano waveforms, for a total of 456 megabytes of instrument samples. Foremost among these piano sounds are the samples taken from Yamaha's world-renowned S6 concert grand piano. This synthesizer fully captures the richly textured sound of the wonderfully expressive S6, and provides a warm, concert grand piano sound.
In the past, conventional keyboards had sounds designed primarily for the listener. The S90 XS, however, was designed to satisfy the player. Yamaha reasoned that when a performer hears and experiences the best possible sound, their performance would be the best possible too. The result is the S90 XS, a genuine musician's instrument that truly inspires the live performer as well as the music creator and arranger.
Streamline your performance
The S90 XS electronic keyboard lets you quickly and conveniently create your own custom performances with the amazingly fast and easy Performance Creator feature. Select a voice, then quickly program layers and splits—even assign a drum voice complete with arpeggios to create your perfect performance. Let's say that you're playing a piano voice and you want to layer a string sound on top of it. Simply press the layer button, then select the desired voice category and voice, and store your new performance with the press of a button.
The panel controls of the Yamaha S90 XS have been designed and positioned for optimum, intuitive operation, especially for live performances. For example, with the top-panel controls you can quickly select a part, turn it on and off, set arpeggios and turn them on and off, and switch on arpeggio hold, in addition to instantly tweaking important synthesizer parameters using the knobs and sliders.
Ideal for live performers
The S90 XS keyboard synth has a host of other features that live performers will appreciate, such as the combo input jack that accepts mic input. Just plug in a microphone, adjust the input gain knob (while checking the convenient peak lamp),
and you're set. You can also use the control knobs to finely adjust the volume and directly apply reverb or chorus to the sound.
Recording direct to USB/internal memory
If you've got a USB memory device or thumb drive, you can plug it into the S90 XS and record your performance as audio data. This remarkable feature lets you instantly capture what you play on the keyboard (including arpeggio playback) to your USB device. If you've connected a microphone or guitar, you can record your singing or playing as well. You can also record audio directly to the internal flash memory (192 megabytes) built into the instrument without the need of a memory device. Keep in mind that anything you've recorded to the memory device (even audio files created on your computer) can be played back on the Yamaha S90 XS, which means you can create your own custom audio backing tracks and perform along with them. For example, you can create a basic song track beforehand, then sing and solo over it during your performance or add guitar parts and vocal harmonies to be played back during your live performance. There's also a useful song chain function that lets you string together separate recordings and create a convenient backing track "set list" for your gigs.
88-key balanced keyboard
The S90 XS has balanced hammer-effect on its 88 keys for those players who need a full-range, full-scale keyboard. It's exceptionally portable and absolutely perfect for live performers and gigging musicians.
The Yamaha S90 XS is also a perfect companion for your computer music production system, serving both as a master keyboard and a full-function, multitimbral tone generator. With the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) remote function and its 50 different control templates, you get amazingly easy, intuitive control over your main DAW software and Virtual Studio Technology (VST) instruments directly from the panel controls. Moreover, the Voice Editor and Remote Editor software gives you convenient, comprehensive computer control over all the sounds, settings, and functions of the S90 XS keyboard synth.
- 88-keys on a balanced, hammer-effect, full-range, full-scale keyboard
- A warm, concert grand piano sound
- 4 knobs, 16 backlit LEDs, and lots of buttons for direct hands on control
- All of the voices, performances, arpeggios, and virtual circuit modeling effects of the Yamaha MOTIF XS Music Production Synthesizer
- 456 megabytes of instrument samples
- Performance Creator feature for instant splits, layers, and drum performances
- Convenient controls to create your own custom performances
- Optimum ease-of-operation with top-panel controls
- Combo input jack that accepts mic input
- Control knobs for fine volume adjustment
- Control knobs to directly apply reverb or chorus
- Accepts USB memory devices
- Direct-to-USB stereo audio record & playback
- 192 megabytes of internal flash-drive memory (18 minutes)
- Provides the ability to create your own custom audio backing tracks and perform along with them
- Allows player to string together separate recordings and create a convenient set list using the song chain function
- Functions as a master keyboard and a full-function, multitimbral tone generator
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) remote function and 50 different control templates
- Voice Editor and Remote Editor software provides convenient, comprehensive computer control over all sounds, settings, and functions
- 1/4" XLR combo jack A/D input (with front panel controls) for adding vocals and guitars
An amazing keyboard that gives you everything you'd expect from Yamaha and much more.
S90XS 88-Key Balanced Weighted Hammer Action Synthesizer Specifications:
- Dimensions: 6-3/4"H x 58"W x 15-1/4"D
- Weight: 49.6 lb.
- Control Interface:
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: Balanced Hammer Effect Keyboard
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Other Controllers:
- Pitch Blend: Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Control Slider: Assignable Control sliders x 4
- Control Knobs: Assignable Control sliders x 4
- Others: Data Dial
- Type: graphic backlit LCD
- Size: 160 x 64 dot
- Backlight: Yes
- Contrast: Yes
- Tone Generation:
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM2 with Expanded Articulation
- Multitimbral Capacity: 16 Internal Parts + Mic Input Part
- Ware ROM Capacity: 456 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 2,772 waveforms
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: Preset: 1,024 normal voices + 64 drum kits, GM: 128 normal voices + 1 drum kits, User: 128 x 4 (Bank 1-3: selected and copied from Preset bank), Normal Voice + 32 drum kits
- Reverb: 9 types
- Chorus: 22 types
- Insertion: 53 types x 8 blocks
- Master Effect: 9 types
- Master EQ: 5 bands
- Part EQ: 3 bands, stereo
- Number of Arpeggio: Preset x 6,779 types
- User x 256 types (when loading the User Arpeggio data of MOTIF XS)
- Compatible Data Format:
- Playback: SMF Format 0/1 (playback only)
- Storage and Connectivity:
- Storage: Internal Memory: 192MB
- AC In: Yes
- Headphones: Phones (standard stereo phone jack)
- Foot Control: Foot Controller 1, 2
- Foot Switch: Foot Switch 2 (Sustain, assignable)
- Microphone: Mic Input (combo jack)
- MIDI: MIDI In/Out/Thru
- Assignable Out: Assignable Output L, R (standard phone jack)
- Line Out: Output L/Mono, R (standard phone jack)
- USB To Device: USB (To Device)
- USB To Host: USB (To Host)
- Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 25W
- Bundled Software
- CD-ROM: Cubase Al Disc 1
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Yamaha S90XS 88-Key Balanced Weighted Hammer Action Synthesizer:
The S90XS keyboard plays well in performances. The piano tones are quite good with excellent, natural keyboard action and feel. This keyboard is my primary set of keys that I play on stage using several of the sounds to accompany the band. The keyboard offers good piano, organ, and strings. The horns are kind of weak though. I'd like to hear a better full brass sound when the band plays without our brass section leaving me to fill in their parts.
It is easy to change sounds on the fly making it nice during a song. Nothing worse then grooving along and you have to think about a part coming up that requires an instant change and then back again. I don't do a lot of programing even though the S90XS has those functions. I use it as a straight keyboard with another keyboard stacked on top for performances. I have set to midi out for some recording in my studio though and it was very easy to use. The percussion tracks worked out well along with some of the other sounds to layer in.
I do wish they'd find a way to weight the keys without all the weight of the keyboard. It is so heavy. The Yamaha S90XS is a good all around keyboard and would recommend it as an excellent choice for studio to concert use.