The tool you need when inspirations strikes!
The new MOTIF-RACK XS is packed full of inspiring sounds, exciting rhythms and expressive control that spur your creativity to new heights — any time, any place.
The compact MOTIF-RACK XS gives you an enormous selection of voices based on the popular, professional-level MOTIF XS, studio-level effect processing, five real-time Control Knobs for tweaking 20 different parameters as you play,a wide-ranging library of convenient Multi-part presets, thousands of automatic Arpeggios at your fingertips, and seamless hardware/software integration.
Never before has such comprehensive control, music-making versatility and sheer sonic power been combined in such a small, easy-to-use package. The MOTIF-RACK XS recording system is a little powerhouse that has all you need — effectively doing the work of several tone generators and processors. Simply hook it up to a laptop or a keyboard workstation and you've got an entire studio's worth of sounds and effects at your fingertips — plus a whole world of inspiration you can tap into.
Cubase AI 4 software is included with the MOTIF-RACK XS to provide a set of advanced software tools that are easy to use while delivering extensive recording and production capabilities. In addition to advanced audio recording and editing, Cubase AI 4 offers a range of MIDI sequencing capabilities, an entire suite of VST effect plug-ins, and a HALionOne sample player featuring selected waves from the famed Yamaha MOTIF synthesizers.
- Wide range of dynamic and authentic Voices — total of 1,152 Voices and 65 Drum Kits
- Powerful Arpeggio function — simultaneous playback of four types, total 6,633 available
- Five real-time Control Knobs, for adjusting the sound as you perform or record
- Convenient, intuitive editing of all settings from computer with MOTIF-RACK XS Editor
- Full integration with the popular Cubase series audio/MIDI recording software
- CUBASE AI 4 Features:
- Cubase 4 audio engine.
- 48 audio tracks and up to 64 MIDI tracks.
- 25 VST effect plug-ins, including 15 new VST3 plug-in effects.
- HALionOne software sample player with selected MOTIF waves.
- Plug and Play VST/MIDI setup.
- Studio Connections Integration.
MOTIF RACK XS Tone Generator Specifications:
- TONE GENERATOR
- Tone Generator AWM2, with Expanded Articulation
- Polyphony 128 notes
- Wave 355MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 2,670 waveforms
- Voice Preset: 1,024 Normal Voices + 64 Drum Kits
- GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 128 x 3 Normal Voices + 32 Drum Kits (Both of the User Voices are selected and copied
- from Preset bank)
- Multi User: 128 Multis
- Reverb 9 types
- Chorus 22 types
- Insertion A 53 types (up to 8 blocks available in the Multi mode)
- Insertion B 53 types (up to 8 blocks available in the Multi mode)
- Master Effect 9 types
- Master EQ 5 bands (High, High Mid, Mid, Low Mid, Low)
- Part EQ 3 bands (High, Mid, Low)
- Arpeggio Type 6,633 types
- * MIDI Sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, Velocity Limit, and Note Limit can be set.
- VOLUME knob, Encoder knob, Cursor buttons, AUDITION button, STORE button, ENTER button, EXIT button, VOICE button, EFFECT button, EDIT button, MULTI button, SELECT button, UTILITY button, Knobs 1 — 5
- JACKS AND TERMINALS:
- Front Panel PHONES
- Rear Panel USB TO HOST, MIDI IN/OUT, DIGITAL OUTPUT, ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT L and R, OUTPUT L/
- MONO and R, DC/IN, mLAN (when the mLAN16E2 has been installed)
- Display 160 x 64-dot graphic backlit LCD
- Supplied Accessories: AC Power adaptor (PA-301, PA-300B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner's manual (this book), Data List, Disk x 1 (containing DAW software)
- Power Consumption:
- When the AC power adaptor is connected to both the MOTIF-RACK XS and the AC outlet, and the VOLUME knob is in the STANDBY position: 0.3 W
- When the power is turned on: 15W
- When the power is turned on and the optional mLAN16E2 has been installed: 20W
- Digital Output (COAXIAL): 44.1kHz, 24bit
- Dimensions: 480 (W) x 379.4 (D) x 44 (H) mm
- Weight: 4.2kg