DGX-650B You Have the Book, Now Get the Backing Track MIDI Files
After receiving your DGX-650B, bench and You Are the Artist song book from your participating authorized Yamaha dealer, complete your package and download the matching backing track MIDI files for your book!
- - Offer Expires 12/31/13
- Download rebate
Classic piano touch. Contemporary music experience.
Yamaha is one of the leaders in digital piano production, and they continue that tradition with the DGX-650. A true ensemble digital piano, the DGX-650 has a variety of interactive features that make learning, playing, and sharing music fun for everyone regardless of skill level. With a full-size 88-note Graded Hammer Standard action keyboard, the DGX-650 not only gives you the authentic feel of playing a piano, it also incorporates Damper Resonance DSP and PureCF sampling that gives this digital version true and accurate sound reproduction of its acoustic counterpart. Add-in a USB audio recorder to instantly capture and share your musical achievements, and the DGX-650 is even better than the real thing.
PureCF sampling starts with a meticulous recording of Yamaha's acclaimed CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the delicate touch of a soft passage or the pure power of two-handed chords.
Damper Resonance DSP
Damper Resonance digitally reproduces the sympathetic interaction between strings on acoustic pianos. When the damper pedal is used in a performance, the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released.
88-note, weighted GHS action
A weighted action with heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, just like the hammers inside an acoustic piano. Great for the aspiring pianist, practicing on the GHS action builds the proper finger technique for when the time comes to perform on an acoustic piano.
XG-optimized for You Are The Artist song books
Professionally-arranged, play-along XG song files from Yamaha MusicSoft are matched with best-selling song books from Hal Leonard. Learn to play songs made famous by artists like Elton John, Coldplay, Adele and more with the DGX-650 as your backing band.
USB Audio (WAV) Recording/Playback
Record performances or MIDI songs as uncompressed, CD-quality audio to a USB flash drive using the USB Audio Recorder. From there, copy to your computer to make CDs, share over the internet or transfer to your portable music player. You can also playback uncompressed WAV files stored on a USB flash drive.
Smart Chord makes you sound like a pro, even if you're just learning how to play. With a single finger on your left hand, Smart Chord will create entire chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th and 9th chords. Accompaniment Styles create the rest of your virtual band so you can get straight to playing music.
Style Recommender suggests a list of suitable Styles based on your playing. Play in a piano part, drum part or just tap a simple rhythm and Style Recommender will create a list of appropriate Styles based on what you played.
AUX line input
Connect any device with an audio output and hear it through the DGX-650's built-in speakers. Listen to music from your mobile device, hook up another keyboard or even a mixer and jam with friends. The DGX-650 makes a great speaker system for virtually any sound source.
Provides enough horsepower for dropout-free performances even while layering two Voices and playing two-handed, sustained chords with heavy pedaling. So as you become a more advanced player, your digital piano can respond to your skill level.
- 88-Note, weighted GHS action keyboard
- PureCF sampling of Yamaha's acclaimed CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano
- Damper Resonance digitally reproduces strings on acoustic pianos
- USB audio recording/playback with CD-quality sound
- Smart Chord helps you sound like a pro
The full-size sound of a Yamaha grand piano, in a compact digital design. Order the DGX-650 today.
DGX-650 88-Key Graded Hammer Action Digital Piano Specifications:
- Width: 1,397mm (55") / with keyboard stand: 1,399mm (55-1/16")
- Height: 146mm (5-3/4") / with keyboard stand: 761mm (29-15/16")
- Depth: 445mm (17-1/2") / with keyboard stand: 445mm (17-1/2")
- 22.5kg (49lbs. 10oz.) / with keyboard stand: 29.5kg (65lbs. 1oz.)
- Control Interface
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard
- Touch Response: Soft, Medium, Hard, Fixed
- Other Controllers
- Pitch Bend: Yes
- Type: Full Dot LCD
- Size: 320 x 240 dots
- Color: Monochrome
- Contrast: Yes
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Language: English
- Language: English
- Tone Generation
- Piano Sound: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Damper Resonance: Yes
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Number of Voices: 147 + 15 Drum/SFX Kits + 381 XGlite
- Featured Voices: 1 Natural! Voice, 9 Live! Voices, 8 Sweet! Voices, 7 Cool! Voices
- GM: Yes
- XGlite: Yes
- Reverb: 35 types
- Chorus: 44 types
- DSP: 237 types
- Master EQ: 5 types
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC): Yes
- Dual/Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes (Function Menu)
- Accompaniment Styles
- Number of Preset Styles: 195
- Fingering: Multi Finger, Full Keyboard, AI Fingered
- Style Control: INTRO, MAIN x 2, FILL-IN, ENDING
- User Styles: Style File Format
- Other Features
- Music Database: 305
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Yes
- Style Recommender: Yes
- Smart Chord: Yes
- Number of Preset Songs: 100
- Number of Songs: 5
- Number of Tracks: 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- Data Capacity: Approx. 30,000 notes for 1 user songs (when only "melody" tracks are recorded)
- Compatible Data Format
- Playback: SMF (Format 0, Format 1), XF
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Number of Buttons: 4 ( x 8 banks )
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.): Waiting, Your tempo, Minus one, Repeat & Learn, Chord Dictionary
- Demonstration: Yes
- USB Audio Recorder
- Playback: .wav
- Recording: .wav
- Overall Controls
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280
- Transpose: -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning: Yes
- PIANO Button Portable Grand Button
- Storage and Connectivity
- Internal Memory: Approx. 1.7MB
- External Drives: USB Flash Memory
- DC IN: DC IN 12V
- Headphones x 1
- Sustain Pedal x 1
- Pedal Unit x 1
- AUX IN: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE: Yes
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers: 6W x 2
- Speakers: 12cm x 2 + 5cm x 2
- Power Supply
- Power Supply: Adaptor (PA-150 or the equivalent )
- Power Consumption: 13W
- Owner’s Manual, Data List,Online Member Product Registration, Keyboard Stand, Footswitch, Music Rest, AC Power Adaptor (May be not included depending on your locale.)