Yamaha DGX-640 88-Key Digital Piano Walnut with BB1 Padded Bench & LP-7 Pedal UnitProduct #H89138 Yamaha H89138 CAA Home Digital Pianos https://www.esnapw.com/rses/ESnapServlet?MerchantNumberSent=63655
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
FREE SHIPPING on Almost Everything
- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a Open Box item.
Simplified control, built-in recorder, exceptional piano sound in a casing with a beautiful walnut finish, plus matching bench and plus 3-pedal unit.
Yamaha's DGX-640 with walnut finish was designed to be as close to a piano as a portable grand can be with its 88-key weighted Graded Hammer Standard keyboard action and wide selection of piano voices. Selecting a sound is as easy as keying in a number, and recording virtuoso performances is simple with the built-in recorder. The included Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity add functionality.
Just as on a traditional acoustic piano, the keys of the lower notes have a heavier touch, while the higher ones are more responsive to lighter playing. The keyboard's sensitivity can even be adjusted to match your playing style. This Graded Hammer technology also enables the instrument to provide authentic touch in a lightweight instrument. The matte finish of the black keys enhances the keyboard's luxurious appearance. This model includes a walnut stand and sides with matching BB1 padded bench as well as an LP-7 pedal unit.
Amazingly Realistic and Dynamic Sounds
Yamaha's highly acclaimed Sweet! and Cool! Voices deliver incredibly natural and very dynamic sound. Use the Pitch Bend wheel and hear these Voices—especially the Sax and Trumpet—truly come alive.
Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices
Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices gives you a huge palette of acoustic and electronically amplified instrument sounds. A blend of long, stereo and multilayered samples is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression, and vibrato of the real instrument.
Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
237 types of DSP effects can be added to the Main and Dual Voices. These range from reverb-like ambience effects to distortion and other dynamic processing tools that let you enhance the sound or completely transform it.
Easy Song Arranger
In addition to each song's default style, you can select any other style to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature. This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example, as a bossa nova piece or hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different arrangements by changing the style in which a song is played. You can also change the song's melody Voice and the keyboard Voice for a complete change of image.
Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.)
Play along with a song on the instrument's keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time—even if you play wrong notes. All you have to do is play on the keyboard—alternately on the left- and right-hand ranges of the keyboard, for example—and you'll sound like a pro as long as you play in time with the music.
Music Database plus External Files
You want to play music in your favorite style, but you're not sure how to select the best Voice and style for the type of music you want to play? Simply pick a style from the Music Database. The panel settings will automatically be adjusted for the ideal combination of sounds and style! Furthermore, this instrument works with Music Database files transferred from a computer or stored on a USB flash memory device. These files can be used in the same way as the internal Music Database.
USB TO DEVICE
The USB TO DEVICE on the instrument allows you to connect USB memory devices such as flash drives or hard drives, enabling you to save or load registrations and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected device such as MIDI files or style files.
USB TO HOST
Dive in and take advantage of the wide world of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy, and you can play back your computer-recorded parts with different instrument sounds—all from a single instrument.
Performance with Music Notation Display
When you play back a song, the corresponding score will be shown on the display. This is a great way to learn how to read music. If the song contains lyric and chord data, the lyrics and chords will also appear on the score display.
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.)
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, letting you teach yourself how to play and perform. Y.E.S. helps you master a song with easy lesson steps. Each lesson can be done in isolation with either your left hand or right hand, or both.
The LP-7 Pedal Unit for Yamaha YPG-635 electric piano is a 3-pedal unit that gives you virtually the same level of expressive control as that of actual acoustic grand pianos, including Half Damper effect, with more realistic control over the sustained sound. In addition to Damper, Soft, and Sostenuto control, the left pedal adds special control to the Classical Guitar and Sweet Muted Trumpet voices.
- 88-key Graded Hammer Standard keyboard with matte finish on black keys
- 535 voices
- Polyphony: 64
- Piano voice quality: new Live! Grand Piano
- Featured voices: 4 Pianos (Live! Grand Piano, Live! Pop Grand, Live! Warm Grand, Ambient Grand Piano), 9 Live! Voices / 7 Cool! Voices / 8 Sweet! Voices
- Reverb: 35 types
- Chorus: 44 types
- DSP: 237 types
- Preset Master EQ: 5 types
- Dual and Split effects
- Harmony/Echo: 26 types
- Panel sustain in menu
- Overview demo
- Easy Song Arranger
- 300 or more songs in the database
- Yamaha Education Suite: Waiting, Your Tempo, Minus one, Repeat & Learn
- Pitch Bend Controller
- Chord Dictionary
- Performance assistant technology: Chord, Melody, Chord / Free, Chord / Melody
- One Touch Setting Including Voice List
- Registration Memory: 4 Pads x 8 Banks
- Pedal: Sustain
- Flash memory
- External Storage Device (USB Flash Memory)
- Compatability: GM, XG lite
- Number of preset styles: 165
- User Styles
- Compatible file format: SFF
- Variations: 2
- Fingering: Multi / Full Keyboard
- Number of preset songs: 30
- Compatible file format: SMF
- Number of songs: 5
- Number of tracks: 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- Compatible File Format: No (Original File Format)
- User Song to SMF Converter
- Score Display
- Lyric Display
- Compatible data format: XF
- Tempo: 11 to 280
- Transpose: -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning: -100 to +100 cents
- Pitch Bend Range: 1 to 12
- Type: Full-Dot LCD 320 x 240 Dots
- Size: 98mm x 65mm
- Phones (/Output)
- DC IN
- Pedal Unit
- USB TO HOST
- USB TO DEVICE (front panel)
- Song: XG/XF Songs (CD-ROM including), Pianosoft Solo, DMN lite, Performance Guide
- Others: Style, Music Finder Record
- Interactive (DMN/Hi-Chao)
- Amplifier: 6W x 2
- Speaker Size: 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2cm
- Damper, Soft, and Sostenuto pedals
- Half Damper effect for expressive control over sustained sound
- Perfect for piano players and music students
- Allows the performer to add more refined musical expressiveness
- Left pedal can be assigned to control some of the internal Voices
- Quality wood construction with walnut finish
DGX-640 88-Key Digital Piano Walnut with BB1 Padded Bench & LP-7 Pedal Unit Specifications:
- DGX-640 Keyboard
- Dimensions (WxHxD) with keyboard stand: 1,399mm (55-1/16") x 761mm (29-15/16") x 761mm (29-15/16")
- Weight: 27.7kg (61lb. 1oz.) with keyboard stand
- BB1 bench:
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 22.25" x 13.5" x 24.25"
- Weight: 13.85lb.
- LP-7 pedal
- Dimensions: 12"H x 5.8"W x 7"D
- Weight: 13lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Touch Sensitive Keys
- Chamber Music
Comments about Yamaha DGX-640 88-Key Digital Piano Walnut with BB1 Padded Bench & LP-7 Pedal Unit:
Yamaha had always beeen my first choise, and now I know why. Excellent performance and workmanship. I am far beyond happy with this purchase.