Simplified control with built-in recorder and exceptional piano sound.
Yamaha's DGX-640 was designed to be as close to a piano as a Portable Grand can be with its 88-key weighted Graded Hammer Standard keyboard action and wide selection of piano voices. Selecting a sound is as easy as keying in a number, and recording virtuoso performances is simple with the built-in recorder. The included Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity add full functionality.
Just as on a traditional acoustic piano, the keys of the lower notes have a heavier touch, while the higher ones are more responsive to lighter playing. The keyboard's sensitivity can even be adjusted to match your playing style. This Graded Hammer technology also enables the instrument to provide authentic touch in a lightweight instrument. The matte finish of the black keys enhances the keyboard's luxurious appearance.
Amazingly Realistic and Dynamic Sounds
Yamaha's highly acclaimed Sweet! and Cool! Voices deliver incredibly natural and very dynamic sound. Use the Pitch Bend wheel and hear these Voices—especially the Sax and Trumpet—truly come alive.
Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices
Live!, Cool! and Sweet! Voices gives you a huge palette of acoustic and electronically amplified instrument sounds. A blend of long, stereo and multilayered samples is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression, and vibrato of the real instrument.
Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
237 types of DSP effects can be added to the Main and Dual Voices. These range from reverb-like ambience effects to distortion and other dynamic processing tools that let you enhance the sound or completely transform it.
Easy Song Arranger
In addition to each song's default style, you can select any other style to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature. This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example, as a bossa nova piece or hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different arrangements by changing the style in which a song is played. You can also change the song's melody Voice and the keyboard Voice for a complete change of image.
Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.)
Play along with a song on the instrument's keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time—even if you play wrong notes. All you have to do is play on the keyboard—alternately on the left- and right-hand ranges of the keyboard, for example—and you'll sound like a pro as long as you play in time with the music.
Music Database plus External Files
You want to play music in your favorite style, but you're not sure how to select the best Voice and style for the type of music you want to play? Simply pick a style from the Music Database. The panel settings will automatically be adjusted for the ideal combination of sounds and style! Furthermore, this instrument works with Music Database files transferred from a computer or stored on a USB flash memory device. These files can be used in the same way as the internal Music Database.
USB TO DEVICE
The USB TO DEVICE on the instrument allows you to connect USB memory devices such as flash drives or hard drives, enabling you to save or load registrations and user songs created on the instrument, as well as read data from the connected device such as MIDI files or style files.
USB TO HOST
Dive in and take advantage of the wide world of computer music software. Connections and setup are exceptionally easy, and you can play back your computer-recorded parts with different instrument sounds—all from a single instrument.
Performance with Music Notation Display
When you play back a song, the corresponding score will be shown on the display. This is a great way to learn how to read music. If the song contains lyric and chord data, the lyrics and chords will also appear on the score display.
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.)
Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, letting you teach yourself how to play and perform. Y.E.S. helps you master a song with easy lesson steps. Each lesson can be done in isolation with either your left hand or right hand, or both.
- Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keyboard with 88 keys
- Amazingly realistic and dynamic voices
- Blends together long, stereo and multi-layered samples for a natural sound
- 237 types of digital signal processes from reverb ambiances to distortion
- USB connectivity allows you to save and recall registrations and user songs
Need a portable grand piano with tons of extras? Order the DGX-640 today!
DGX 640 88 Key Digital Piano Specifications:
- SIZE & WEIGHT
- Width 1,399mm (55-1/16") with keyboard stand
- Height 761mm (29-15/16") with keyboard stand
- Depth 445mm (17-1/2") with keyboard stand
- Weight 27.7kg (61lbs. 1oz.) with keyboard stand
- Number of Keys 88
- Type Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard
- Touch Response Yes
- Other Controllers
- Pitch Bend Yes
- Type Full Dot LCD
- Size 320 x 240 dots
- Color Monochrome
- Contrast Yes
- Score Display Function Yes
- Lyrics Display Function Yes
- Language English
- Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) 64
- Number of Voices 142 + 381 XGlite + 12 Drum/SFX Kits
- Featured Voices 3 Live! Voices, 8 Sweet! Voices, 5 Cool! Voices
- GM Yes
- XGlite Yes
- XF Yes
- Reverb 35 types
- Chorus 44 types
- DSP 238 types
- Master EQ 5 types
- Dual/Layers Yes
- Split Yes
- Panel Sustain Yes (in Menu)
- ACCOMPANIMENT STYLES
- Number of Preset Styles 165
- Fingering Multi / Full Keyboard, AI Finger
- Style Control INTRO, MAIN x 2, FILL-IN, ENDING
- User Styles Style File Format
- Other Features
- Easy Song Arranger Yes
- Music Database 305 + External Files
- One Touch Setting (OTS) Yes
- Number of Preset Songs 30
- Number of Songs 5
- Number of Tracks 6 (5 Melody + 1 Chord)
- Data Capacity Approx. 30,000 notes for 5 user songs (when only "melody" tracks are recorded)
- Recording Function Yes
- Compatible Data Format
- Playback SMF
- Recording SMF (Format 0)
- Number of Buttons 4 ( x 8 banks )
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT) Chord, Melody, Chord/Free, Chord/Melody
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) Waiting, Your tempo, Minus one, Repeat & Learn, Chord Dictionary
- Demonstration Yes
- Overall Controls
- Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 5 - 280
- Transpose -12 to 0, 0 to +12
- Tuning Yes
- PIANO Button Portable Grand Button
- STORAGE and CONNECTIVITY
- Internal Memory 1895KB
- External Drives Optional USB Flash Memory (via USB To Device)
- DC IN DC IN 12V
- Headphones x 1
- Sustain Pedal x 1
- Pedal Unit x 1
- USB TO DEVICE Yes
- USB TO HOST Yes
- AMPLIFIERS and SPEAKERS
- Amplifiers 6W + 6W
- Speakers 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- POWER SUPPLY
- Power Supply Adaptor (PA-150 or the equivalent )
- BUNDLED SOFTWARE
- CD-ROM Yes
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- Music Rest Yes
- Keyboard Stand Yes
- Pedal/Footswitch Yes
- Song Book Included in CD-ROM with PFD format