- Buy New
This product has been discontinued but may be available as a used item.
Affordable and portable grand piano sound and touch!
The Yamaha DGX-230 Portable Grand Piano carries on Yamaha's Portable Grand legacy with its expanded features, upgraded action, and easy-to-move form. You get 76 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch action, a wide selection of Yamaha voices to play, and a 6-track song recorder. A dedicated portable grand button lets you instantly jump back to the grand piano voice during play. Add additional songs and play along using the Yamaha DGX-230 Portable Grand Piano's built-in USB/MIDI port.
- 76-keys with Touch Response and Graded Soft Touch action
- Large backlit LCD
- Yamaha Education Suite with Waiting, Your Tempo, Minus One, and Chord Dictionary features
- 30 preset songs + 5 user songs + 70 on CD-ROM, Performance Assistant Technology ON/OFF, Chord, Chord/Free
- USB MIDI computer connectivity allows you to add additional songs and play along
- Six-track song recorder
Simplicity along with great piano sounds. Get yours today!
DGX-230 Portable Grand Piano Specifications:
- Total Number: 489
- Compatibility: General MIDI (GM) & XGlite compatible
- Piano Voice Quality: Stereo
- Sweet! Voices: Flute, Pan Flute, Trumpet, Soprano & Tenor Sax
- Cool! Voices: Galaxy Electric Piano, Rotor Organ, Organ
- Dual/Split: Yes/Yes
- Drum Kits: 10 Drum + 2 SFX Kits
- Polyphony: 32 note max.
- Auto Accompaniment:
- Styles: 160 + 1 User Style
- Variations: Intro, Main A/B, Ending, Fill-in x 2
- Control: Accompaniment on/off, sync-start, start/stop, intro/ending, main A/B (auto fill)
- One Touch settings: 1 per style
- Registration memory: 2 x 8 Banks
- Music Database: 300 + External files
- Digital Effects
- Reverb: 9 types
- Chorus: 4 types
- Harmony: 26 types
- 6-tracks to record your own songs
- 5 songs
- Realtime Control
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- USB MIDI IN/OUT (PC/Mac), USB Song Transfer (PC only), USB Style Transfer (PC only)
- Auxiliary Jack
- PHONES/OUTPUT, DC IN 12V, USB, SUSTAIN
- 6W + 6W
- 12cm x 2 + 3cm x 2
- Power Supply
- Adapter: Energy saving PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha (optional), Batteries: Six "D" size (optional)
- Dimensions: 46-3/8"W x 5-3/8"H x 16-1/4"D
- Weight: 18 lb. 5 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Yamaha DGX-230 Portable Grand Piano:
I purchased this keyboard after owning a Casio WK-3700 (were in the same price bracket). The advantages to this keyboard over the Casio is a cleaner, more realistic sounding default piano, and the few "pure" instruments that come with the keyboard. Rhythms tend to sound a bit cheap and cheesy when compared to other Yamaha boards I've dealt with in the past, and generally are not as versatile as those included with a Casio. It is considerably harder to customize than the WK series, and lacks many of the poweful workstation benefits in both the Casio line and the Yamaha line. For people focusing only on having a fairly good keyboard for playing piano who do not require a true "hammer action feel", this is your instrument. If you need a wider variety of good sounds, realistic auto accompaniment rhythms, or workstation capabilities, go with the more expensive Yamaha lines or with the similarly-priced Casio WK line.