Yamaha CP40 STAGE 88-Key Graded Hammer Stage Piano
Stage Digital Pianos
- Write a Review
- Seen a Lower Price? Click Here.
45 day price guarantee, 45 day return policy, 100% secure shopping
The more affordable version of the CP4.
The CP40 Stage features a selection of grand piano sounds based on the Yamaha CFIIIs, one of Yamaha's Premium Collection grand pianos. A selection of vintage electric pianos including VCM effects and a variety of sounds from their flagship Motif round out the sound set so you're ready for any musical situation. The Graded Hammer action gives you true piano touch and response. The CP40 Stage's slim, lightweight design (36lb.) combines portability with elegant style. An easy to use interface with large lighted buttons for splits and layers gives you all the controls you need right at your fingertips.
As the largest acoustic piano manufacturer in the world Yamaha was able to hand select from our vast collection of hand-crafted grand pianos to create the sounds heard in the CP40 STAGE.
[CFIIIS] The Evolution of Excellence
The CFIIIS is another superb full concert grand piano hand-crafted by Yamaha, with a full, bright sound and resonant, authoritative bass that make it perfectly suited to ensemble performance.
The CP STAGE features an impressive selection of vintage electric pianos from different eras, enhanced by Yamaha's renowned Virtual Circuitry Modeling technology, which allows the reproduction of the classic stomp box effects that were such an integral part of their sound.
CP80] The Electric Grand
Striking its strings with an authentic grand piano action and using pickups to convert their vibration into an electrical signal, the CP80 is an electric grand piano in the truest sense. The moment this instrument burst onto the scene it won immediate acclaim for its pronounced attack and unique harmonic overtones.
[DX7] The Historic DX Electric Piano
Operating on the principle of FM tone generation, the Yamaha DX Series debuted at the beginning of the eighties as the world's first digital synthesizers. The impressive variety of sounds that the DX made available left musicians around the world in awe, particularly the electric pianos, which quickly found a home in many different musical scenes.
[Rd I] Synonymous with the Electric Piano
Yamaha's Rd I offers the timeless electric piano sound that helped define the music of so many artists in the seventies. The Rd I reproduces the tone achieved using tines and hammers. From a quiet ballad or jazz standard to countless rock classics, the Rd I will take you back to this inspiring musical era the moment you begin to play.
[Wr] A Pioneering Electric Piano
Perfectly emulating the distinctive hammer-and-resonator sound of another star of the sixties and seventies, the Wr voices in the CP STAGE offer everything from the thick, powerful tone of the earlier models of these renowned electric pianos to the brighter clarity that later efforts achieved. These voices accurately reproduce the playing characteristics of the original instruments, so that a light touch will give a delicate tone, while playing with more force will result in a thicker, uniquely distorted sound.
A simple and intuitive interface gives you instant access to all the controls that you need.
Category Select lets you call up the sounds you need quickly and easily-you can even store your favorite sounds for each category. In addition to all the great piano voices, a variety of bass, clavinet, organ, strings, and pad sounds based on the sounds in our flagship MOTIF synthesizer round out the voice library, so you're ready for any musical situation.
Layer & Split
One touch is all it takes to layer and split sounds.
The large lighted buttons make it easy to split and layer sounds even on the darkest stages, allowing you to switch from a full piano, to a piano voice layered with strings, or piano with a split bass sound. The Main Solo function lets you go back to playing piano across the entire keyboard with the touch of a button.
The CP STAGE combines portability with elegant style in a professional package.
- 15 CFIII grand piano voices
- 35 Vintage electric pianos (tine, reed, DX and original CP80)
- 247 Voices including Basses, Strings, Pads and more based on Yamaha's flagship Motif
- 62 Virtual Circuit Modeling effects, Reverb, Chorus, Master 3 band EQ and Compressor
- 88 Note Graded Hammer action
- Slim, elegant lightweight design (36 lbs.) for portability
- FC3 foot pedal for half damper and sound board resonance included
- Sustain pedal sold separately
CP40 STAGE 88-Key Graded Hammer Stage Piano Specifications:
- CP40 STAGE 88-key Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard
- Tone Generation
- Tone Generating Technology: SCM (Spectral Component Modeling) + AWM2
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) 128
- Number of Voices: 297(CF:15, Rd:3, Wr:6, CP80:8, DX:18, Clav, Organ:49, Strings, Choir, PAD:67, Others:117, Others(Drum):14)
- Reverb 11 types
- Chorus 9 types (46 presets)
- Master Compressor 1 type (7 presets)
- Master EQ 3 bands
- Insertion Effect 62 types (226 presets) Ã 2 Parts
- User: 128 * Performances 65 to 128 are identical copies of Performances 1 to 64.
- Parts: 2
- Line Out UNBALANCED [L/MONO] and [R] OUTPUT jacks (standard mono-phone)
- Headphones [PHONES] jack (stereo-phone)
- Foot Switch [SUSTAIN] and [ASSIGNABLE] FOOT SWITCH jacks
- Foot Controller 1 jacks
- MIDI [IN] and [OUT] MIDI terminals
- USB [TO HOST] and [TO DEVICE] USB terminals
- Width 1,332mm (52.4")
- Height 163mm (6.4")
- Depth 352mm (13.8")
- Weight 16.3kg (36 lbs.)
- Controllers Pitch bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Part slider Ã 2, [MASTER VOLUME] dial, Data Dial, MASTER EQUALIZER slider Ã 3
- Display 40 characters Ã 2 lines, Character LCD with back-light
- Power Consumption 8W
- Additional package contents AC adaptor (PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), FC3 foot pedal, Owner's Manual, Online Manual CD-ROM (containing Reference Manual, Synthesizer Parameter Manual, and Data List)